- Text Size +
Season 4

Love – Stemwinder 1 – 4/1

He told me the three magic words.

I LOVE you.

It happened so fast. He’d been accused of treason and didn’t want to leave me without letting me know his true feelings.

No way would I let him go on the run alone. He can’t walk into my life, hand me a package, tell me to give it to the man in the red hat, tell me he loves me, then walk out of my life.

And I love him too.

He’s innocent and together we’ll prove it. We always work best as a team.

We’re Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Sacrifice – Stemwinder 2 – 4/2

I didn’t want Amanda to SACRIFICE her life to help me prove I wasn’t a traitor. I couldn’t leave without telling her my true feelings. What I’d felt in my heart for a very long time but never had the courage to express.

I love her.

I don’t know when it happened. Over the past three years I’d grown to admire her strength and zest for life.

The steel cage I had wrapped around my heart is gone. Amanda has shown me the way to a life I never imagined.

Together we can conquer anything.

We’re Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Family – Unfinished Business – 4/3

Reading the diary of Lee’s mother gave me a new understanding of his FAMILY.

His parents had met almost exactly like we did.

In London during the war his father was being followed. He grabbed a woman by the arm asking her to walk with him please. He was in trouble and asked her to deliver a letter. Then one night he appeared in the window of her basement flat.

Like father. Like son.

I wish I could’ve known them. They’d be very proud of the man their son grew up to be. I think they would’ve liked me too.

Heaven – No Thanks for the Memories – 4/4

He looked forward to celebrating with just Amanda. They had so little time alone recently. He walked into the room and saw her sleeping on the couch.

She reached out to him and pulled him close. Amanda spoke telling him she maybe sleepy, but she wasn’t dead. She kissed him and then her eyes fluttered shut.

There’d be very little romance tonight. He didn’t have the heart to waken her.

She looked like an angel as she slept. His angel.

He looked forward to spending HEAVEN in her arms. He had patience. He’d waited this long he could wait longer.

Mirror – It’s in the Water – 4/5

Lee stood in front of the MIRROR lost in thought. Shaving cream drying on his chin.

Well, you never know, maybe someday. Amanda’s comment to Sally about if she’d ever get married again echoed in his mind over and over.

He washed off the shaving cream, walked out of the bathroom and went to sit on his bed. He pulled open a drawer of the nightstand and took about a small box.

Does she suspect?

He opened the box to reveal an engagement ring he’d purchased a couple of weeks ago.

Someday is coming sooner than you expect Amanda King.

Tower – Nightcrawler – 4/6

During my ordeal with Birol, Lee was my TOWER of strength.

I kept hearing him. “Don’t give it up. Please. I’m coming to get you. Just don’t give it up.”

I would see him too. He seemed so real. He’d tell me he loved me.

All hallucinations.

Then he really was there to rescue me.

I have to admit I wasn’t sure if I hallucinated his marriage proposal.

Then when I went back to work a little blue box sat on my desk. Inside the most beautiful engagement ring I’d even seen was nestled.

It wasn’t a dream.

We’re engaged.

Night – Billy’s Lost Weekend – 4/7

Billy dropped by my apartment to tell us he put it on record we helped recover the Kalahari List. And to also let us know he took us off roll call for tomorrow and given us a nice long weekend.

Before the NIGHT ends we’ll be in Pine Top.

Billy suspects or even knows about us. In a roundabout way Billy has given us his blessing. He told us earlier whatever our relationship is it was fine with him. I should’ve known he’d seen the signs. To those who really know me, it’s obvious. I’m glad he’s on our side.

Rated – Photo Finish – 4/8

Amanda was reinstated and got her security clearance back. I was worried that her suspension would be permanent, if we didn’t clear her of the charges, which of course we were able to.

We lost Crumps Cabin but maybe we can salvage part of the weekend.

When we were at that X RATED theater I couldn’t help but watch the action on the screen. I also noticed Amanda peaking at the screen.

I think the main problem was she was in a public place and that embarrassed her. Who knows maybe in the privacy of my apartment she’d watch one.

All That I Have – The Man Who Died Twice – 4/9

I wanted to buy a house in the country where we could all live happily ever after. After what happened with Kai we had to rethink options. Those plans will have to wait.

I have to keep her, Dotty and the boys safe. That is my first priority. I don’t want our family to get in trouble like Kai’s.

I’m going to marry her, but it’ll have to be a mystery marriage.

Now and forever ALL THAT I HAVE is hers.

She has the most important thing I can give her – my love.

I’ve got her and she’s got me.

Are you challenging me? – Need to Know – 4/10

I lost the coin toss, but she flipped the coin and I never got a clear look to see if she’d won. She wanted to hear all my secrets. I told her I kept a few.

Then she wanted to have another coin toss to get me to tell her the rest.

ARE YOU CHALLENGING ME?

Okay. But this time I tossed the coin. I used an old trick that I’d been taught years ago. It works the majority of the time. And it worked again.

I won. Now it’s time for her to start spilling some secrets.

It’s only fair.

Relaxation – Santa’s Got a Brand New Bag – 4/11

It’s nice having a night of RELAXATION after we thought Christmas Eve would be ruined.

The warmth of the holiday surrounded me as I sat on the couch watching Amanda’s family bustle around me. I could feel the love they shared and they welcomed me with open arms.

Because of Amanda the spirit of the season has invaded my soul.

I’ll never look at Christmas as just another day of the week again.

Christmas in the King house is special and I’m glad I’m a part of it.

The holiday has new meaning for me. Family. Love. No more scarves.

Sorrow – Any Number Can Play – 4/12

I can feel my mother’s SORROW at the loss of Harry moving to Switzerland to take a new job. In a short time, she’d come to care for him a lot. She’s going to miss him terribly.

When mother told me don’t hesitate if I ever found a good thing, I wanted to tell her I had found a good thing. I don’t plan on letting him go.

Lee brought her a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I saw her smile but could see the sadness in her eyes. I know it’ll be rough for a while, but she’s a survivor.

Innocence – Promises to Keep – 4/13

Francine thinks she’s doing me a favor and looking out for my best interests by warning me about getting involved with Lee. That he’ll break my heart.

The image of Lee as a rascal and playboy is all she can see. A confirmed bachelor never satisfied with one woman.

She can’t see beyond that façade to the loving and tender man behind the mask of the Scarecrow.

That may have been him in the past.

He’s not going to corrupt my INNOCENCE.

He’s a changed man. A man who is now ready to make a commitment to one woman.

Me.

Happiness – Rumors of My Death – 4/14

I know Lee worried that Joe wanted me back. I’ve told Lee time and again that I’d never get back together with Joe. Our marriage gave me two of the most precious things in my life. My sons.

He’ll always have a place in my heart. I love him, but I’m not in love with him.

Joe’s remarrying. I could see the HAPPINESS in his eyes when he told me about Carrie. I’m happy he’s found another woman to love and make a life with, that he’s moved on.

We’re both traveling new roads to brighter futures filled with love.

Dying – Bad Timing – 4/15

Lee had been poisoned. He’s DYING. Only seventy-two hours to live.

My world crumbled. He couldn’t be taken so cruelly from me. Not a week before our wedding.

I knew he wouldn’t be able to sit still; he had to find the ones responsible. I wasn’t going to let him go through this alone. Whatever amount of time he had left, I would be by his side.

I believe in miracles.

There is an antidote. With barely a second to spare I was able to deactivate the dead man’s watch.

Miracles do happen.

Next week we’ll be husband and wife.

Do Not Disturb – Do You Take This Spy? – 4/16

I drove the limo like a wildcat. I would not be late for my own wedding! I barely had time to change. I wish my mother, sons, and our friends could've witnessed us repeating our vows. I hope we'll have a public wedding one day so everyone will know how much I love Lee and how much he loves me. That's my dream.

At the Inn, it seemed like we waited forever for the maid to finish her duties. Her last duty was to put the "Please DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door handle.

I'm Mrs. Lee Stetson.

Wow!

Can you hear me? – Mission of Gold – 4/17

The beeping sounds of equipment my only companion, I sat by her bedside, holding her hand. I didn't want to let it go.

For the first time in my life, I prayed.

CAN YOU HEAR ME, God? Please, don't take her from me. I need her. She makes my life worth living. I don't know what I'd do without her. Please, God. Make her well. She's my world.

Every time I visited her, I prayed.

She stirred, moaned, her eyes fluttered open, and she smiled.

Tears filled my eyes. God answered my prayers. My wife would live.

Thank you, Lord.

Sport – One Flew East – 4/18

I've found a way to connect with my secret stepsons. Phillip is a huge sports fan. Any SPORT. We'll be spending time together shooting hoops and going to games.

Jamie, on the other hand, was tougher to figure out. Until I found out he has a love of photography, that is. A new camera did the trick. I'll chauffeur him around the city so he can take pictures. Maybe even set up a dark room in the basement for him.

I hope they won't hate me when they learn the truth about their mother and me.

I love them dearly.

Keeping a Secret – All That Glitters – 4/19

I know Lee is cringing at the thought of me spending time with one of his old girlfriends. She seems so nice, and she definitely wants to talk to me. Lee told her we're just work partners. I think she suspects something.

Of course, I want to talk to her. He could be KEEPING A SECRET from me.

He said he'd told me everything, but you know men. They never tell you everything--just tidbits.

You never know, I might learn something that I could use in the future. It never hurts to have a little blackmail on your husband.

Breaking the Rules – Suitable for Framing – 4/20

I'll give Francine an A for effort. She learned from a pro that sometimes BREAKING THE RULES is the only way to save a mission.

It had all been a set-up. Leave it to her to get burned in the long run.

When you recruit a civilian, it doesn't always work. I got lucky when I found Amanda. I not only found a work partner, I found a partner in life.

I just want to spend an uninterrupted weekend with my wife. We have to find time to be together.

I now have two weeks, courtesy of Dr. Smyth.

Silence – A Matter of Choice – 4/21

When Dotty showed me my sock, I wanted to crawl under a rock.

How in the world did one of my socks get into Amanda's laundry? Amanda probably found it lying on the floor and didn't think anything of it. She just threw it in the laundry basket.

Did I want Dotty to find it and start to ask questions?

I figured my best option was to say as little as possible. You know the saying--SILENCE is golden.

I'm going to have to be very careful about leaving my clothes lying around.

Eventually, everything comes out in the wash.

Fortitude – The Khrushchev List – 4/22

We've hit some rocky points. I should've expected it. Marriage isn't always a bed of roses. If we were a normal couple, I don't think any of the little things would've escalated. Sometimes I feel like we're roommates, instead of man and wife.

A mystery marriage. What in the hell was I thinking?

I wish I'd never come up with the idea. I know we had our reasons at the time. Work. Family.

I want to shout to the world, "Amanda is my wife!"

We'll find a way.

With FORTITUDE and love, we'll survive. We have love on our side.