- Text Size +
Season Two

Danger Ahead – To Catch a Mongoose – 2/1

I should’ve known my trip to London would be filled with DANGER AHEAD. It started out with me picking up the wrong suitcase at the airport.

I didn’t believe my high school friend Connie was the ruthless killer known as the Mongoose.

The real Mongoose was captured and Connie vindicated. The expression on Lee’s face was priceless when I told him I wanted to have tea at the palace, where I belong. He did take me to ‘The Palace,’ a quaint tea shop for a proper British tea.

Now if only the airline would find out who has my luggage?

Vacation – The Times They Are A Changin’ – 2/2

It wasn’t luck that made me pick that coffee can and win a free trip for my family to Munich. It was the Agency.

I didn’t find out until after we arrived and I’d seen Lee, that they had arranged it. I hadn’t won anything. The box boy switched the cans under the counter when mine rolled under it. Sneaky.

Looks can be deceiving anyone you know could be a spy, a neighborhood clerk in the grocery store, a mechanic or even a suburban mother of two.

I wonder if I can have them arrange a free VACATION to Florida?

Broken Pieces – Double Agent – 2/3

My life is crumbling into a million BROKEN PIECES. If I can’t convince the author to change his book, my world will be destroyed. We’d have to change our name. My family would be uprooted. I like my life.

I’d never see Lee again. Some days I wouldn’t mind, he can be insufferable at times. Other times… I’ve learned a lot from him and I enjoy working for the Agency. We are partners, of course, he won’t admit it, but we are.

He needs me. All I can hope for is some day in the future he’ll see the light.

Foreign – Legend of Das Geisterschloss – 2/4

First London, then Munich, now Salzburg. I’m becoming an expert in FOREIGN travel.

Did Lee have dreams of being Butch Cassidy? I’m certainly not Sundance.

Was he insane? Jump? Glad I’m a good swimmer.

Emily is safe and sound and she surprised us with a souvenir drawing of Lee and I as a remembrance of our trip. She even hid letters throughout the sketch.

Lee said I could keep it, but I told him he’d have to store it at his apartment. If mother found it, I wouldn’t know what to tell her. She’d get all kinds of wrong ideas.

Seeing Red – Charity Begins at Home – 2/5

I’m still SEEING RED. Out of all the cars they had to choose from why did they have to take mine!

I watched it go up in a blaze of glory, my stomach jumped into my throat.

As I told Amanda you don’t love a car, but you can sure become attached.

Time to car shop. A silver Corvette has caught my eye that I want to take on a test drive.

Corners like a track racer.

Mine!

As I’m driving around the city and highways I find myself in Arlington, maybe Amanda would like to go for a drive.

Rejection – Brunettes Are In – 2/6

I’m fed up with the REJECTION, of being yelled at, bullied by an agent who keeps insisting he works alone. He’ll never think of me as his partner.

It wasn’t my fault the microdot was stolen. I put it in a sock in my purse. Seemed like a logical place to me.

I’m going to resign.

Lee saved me from a fate worse than death, they wanted to sell me, it wasn’t about my assignment.

He intercepted my resignation and called me partner.

Partner.

A partnership has its ups and downs just like a marriage. I need to remember that.

Stripes – Our Man in Tegernsee – 2/7

All I had to do was deliver a package, a simple courier assignment.

Next thing I know, I’m being arrested for passing counterfeit money. I’ve never been arrested before. I’m in jail. In Germany. I don’t speak the language. I want to go home.

I’m scared.

At least they haven’t made me change clothes, I shuddered at the thought of wearing prison STRIPES.

I’m released into Lee’s custody. Together we crack the counterfeit ring. Sadly, one of the Agency’s own was involved. How anyone could be unhappy in a town as beautiful as this I don’t understand.

No Way Out – Affair at Bromfield Hall – 2/8

Amanda told me her theory about how she could tell when two people were in love.

How a person’s eyes light up. My eyes don’t light up when I see her, do they? Nah.

How lovers always find ways to touch.

I touch her. I put my hand at her waist and the small of her back. To guide her. I’m being a gentleman. Aren’t I?

I have to stop touching her. She might get the wrong idea. I can’t stop being a gentleman though.

I feel like I’m trapped in the maze again with NO WAY OUT.

Expectations – A Class Act – 2/9

I guess my EXPECTATIONS were too high. I thought I’d breeze through Station One, that I’d have no trouble with the courses.

It wasn’t my fault the class had been infiltrated by an enemy agent. Or that Scarecrow’s hut exploded. That the car I drove in defensive driving or the slide wheel on the obstacle course had been tampered with.

I wish I could’ve gone through Dodge City properly. Even though I hate the thought of using a gun.

Maybe they’ll let me go again one day in the future. I’ll keep studying and closely watching my co-workers, especially Lee.

Safety First – Playing Possum – 2/10

My world almost exploded, literally! A deranged Russian kidnapped Mr. Melrose and set a nuclear bomb to detonate.

I thought I wasn’t a good candidate for hypnosis. I was wrong. I was able to recall key details that helped solve the case.

My motto is SAFETY FIRST, especially when it concerns my family. If a nuclear bomb is going to detonate, I want them as far away as possible.

I didn’t want to die alone. I’m glad Lee was with me when the bomb didn’t go off.

I told him it was the blue wire; it’s always the blue wire!

Give Up – Three Faces of Emily – 2/11

I have a gray dining room, all because of a blackout. Using my house was a last resort for the mission. In the long run I didn’t mind, much. I got a chance to watch Emily Farnsworth in action and to know her a lot better. She’s an amazing woman.

They put everything back the way I had it before, except for the wall color. I’m tired of waiting.

I GIVE UP!

I’m going to do it myself.

No I’m not. I’m going to get Lee to help me repaint. And he can put the supplies on his expense report.

Rainbow - Ship of Spies - 2/12

She stood on deck gazing out at the island. It had been raining when they arrived in port, now the sun glowed in the sky. A gorgeous RAINBOW of red, yellow and green rose from the deep blue ocean.

Her stomach twisted in knots. She never thought it would come to this, that the case would’ve been solved long before this drastic step was needed. Soon she’d have to go back to the cabin and get ready.

In a few hours she’d be walking down the aisle.

Lee Stetson by her side.

They’d become husband and wife.

Oh my gosh!

Pen and Paper – Spiderweb – 2/13

I’m supposed to be completing the detailed account of my life for my personnel file. But my mind keeps wandering to the $50,000 windfall in my bank account.

I took out a PEN AND PAPER and began to list everything I’d do with all that money.

A new car. Dishwasher. Microwave. Lawnmower. Add to the boys college funds.

I know it’s not really my money, but it’s fun to play what if. I wonder how long I can stall them before I have to write that check, because each day it’s in my account, it’s
accruing interest. I’m keeping that.

Smile – A Little Sex, A Little Scandal – 2/14

Amanda had been so happy and honored. Her sons had nominated her for Mother of the Year. The SMILE on her face lit up the room.

Then she witnessed a murder. All hell broke loose.

Too bad she lost. I feel guilty. I’d gone to her house dressed as an exterminator and one of the judges showed up. I hope I didn’t influence the outcome.

I’m glad I got to share the cake she baked with her and not Randi, which I didn’t mind in the least. She really isn’t my type. I find I’m not interested in blondes anymore.

Childhood – A Relative Situation – 2/15

Remembering my CHILDHOOD was never a pleasant experience. I always want to forget that time of my life. Dragged from one Air Force Base to another all over the world. Uprooted in the middle of a school year, leaving behind friends, then having to start all over again in a new place.

Maybe now that we’re older, we’ll be able to get along better. Nah. I doubt it. He’s stubborn and so am I.

Still I’d like to get to know him better, he is my only living relative. As Amanda says family is important. We really shouldn’t be strangers.

Cat – Life of the Party – 2/16

After Amanda told me about all the antics and complaining Francine pulled while working undercover, I couldn’t resist buying Francine a gift in remembrance of her tenure with Private Party.

When everyone saw the feather duster I’d given Francine as a gag present we laughed out loud. Amanda looked like the CAT who swallowed the canary.

I wish I had a picture of Francine in her maid uniform. It’d make perfect ‘blackmail’ material. This is one case she’d like to forget. I purposely used a flower box to throw her off.

Maybe I should’ve bought her a toilet brush instead!

Spiral – Odds on a Dead Pigeon – 2/17

My life went on a downward SPIRAL out of control.

Someone was impersonating me. They looked exactly like me. Acted like me. Even talked. Someone walked into my life and took it over. I used to dream how it’d be fun to have a twin. Now I know it isn’t.

All this happened to me because a man wanted revenge on Lee.

Thankfully, Lee knew the real me. Saw the differences between me and the doppleganger.

Who else would say ‘Oh My Gosh’ as they’re about to plummet to their death?

His arms wrapped around me and I felt safe.

Annoyance – Car Wars – 2/18

The past few days I think I’ve been a bit of an ANNOYANCE to Lee all because of a cursed car.

I’d been called into work to deliver some declassified files but my car was in the shop being repaired.

Lee arranged the use a car called a Stratford as a replacement. That was my introduction to the car from hell. I should’ve taken that smaller car.

During the short time I had the misfortune of driving it, the grill was broken, wheels stolen, muffler torn up, entire car stolen and returned.

I’m glad I have my station wagon back.

Food – DOA: Delirious on Arrival – 2/19

I just wanted some FOOD. It’s Lee’s fault I missed breakfast. He didn’t know the chicken sandwich had been drugged.

Then my world turned upside down. I’m told I did some wild things while under the influence. I don’t remember.

I walked the ledge of the hospital roof like a tightrope, played goofy golf in the Agency corridor, knocked Francine over the head with a vase and caught Retzig with my hair dryer.

There’s a dream I can’t get out of my mind. Lee, a baseball and a kiss. A wonderful, passionate kiss. I’m sure it didn’t happen.

Did it?

Starvation – You Only Die Twice – 2/20

I thought my cash card had been shut down due to a computer error.

Until I read my obituary.

The phone rang, flowers arrived as friends sent their condolences.

I’m dead!

I found out that the agent who’d accessed my file had gotten it accidentally when a secretary had dropped a box of discs and placed them in the wrong folders.

I need to be reincarnated. I hope it doesn’t take too long. I have bills to pay.

Lee saved the day and bought more groceries, my boys think they’re on the brink of STARVATION if the pantry isn’t full.

Horror – Burn Out – 2/21

I hit Amanda!

I didn’t mean to slap her, to hit that hard. I’d patted her cheek emphasizing my words. I got carried away. I needed to make her believe I was all washed up, to stay the hell away from me.

I can still see the HORROR and shock of that slap reflected in her eyes.

I finally told her it was a ruse.

She understood and accepted my apology.

If the Agency won’t reimburse her for the bullet hole in her sweater, I will. It’s the least I can do, since I’m the one that shot at her.

Questioning – Murder Between Friends – 2/22

I asked for a raise and was told no.

Jordan Securities offered me twice my salary.

Do I want to resign?

I’m QUESTIONING my reasons in leaving the Agency. I’ve made a lot of friends here.

I have to consider the welfare of my family. I need the money.

What could happen?

My boss was killed and I’m accused of his murder!

I’m in jail for the second time in my life and Lee came to my rescue again.

After the real killer is caught, Lee offered me my old job back. With a raise!

Of course, I said yes.

Test – Vigilante Mothers – 2/23

I’m living in the suburbs. Me the suave spy, playing a normal everyday man.

I hate these types of assignments.

My ability to cope in all types of situations is being severely tested.

How the hell was I to know that sprinklers are on automatic timers? What grocery store has the best sale prices? Or what day the trash is picked up?

I wouldn’t have passed the TEST without Amanda’s help. In fact this neighborhood isn’t that bad at all.

The nightlife though leaves a lot to be desired. Do they roll up the sidewalks when the sun goes down?