- Text Size +

The silence in the car was deafening. She had not spoken a word to him since they left the Q-Bureau. They had planned a romantic weekend at Crump's cabin. A few days where the toughest decision they would have to make would be where to make love—in front of the fire or in the bedroom or both.  He really did not blame her for being mad. This did not thrill him either, but Billy asked him to look into this as a favor for him.  How could he turn that down?

He had to smooth things over or else this weekend would be a total bust. "I'm sorry, Amanda. I know how much you were looking forward to this weekend. I am just as unhappy as you are, but I could not say no when Billy asked. Please do not be mad at me. I hate it when you're mad at me."

She rested her hand on his thigh. "Oh, sweetheart, I'm not mad at you. I'm just disappointed our plans fell through."

"I promise I will make it up to you. We won't be working all the time." He took his eyes off the road for a moment and winked at her. "Besides, it's not like it's the first time we've ever done this."
Chapter End Notes:
TBC . . . Maybe