- Text Size +
+++SMK+++

Lee stormed out of the Bullpen and pounded his fist on the wall. Pain jolted up his arm, but he ignored it. He had just come from a rather LOUD and heated discussion with Billy. His section chief and friend had informed him that due to the flu bug going around the office, they were short-staffed. In addition, since Lee was single and had no family obligations for the Labor Day weekend, Billy needed to put him back on the DUTY roster. Not he and Amanda.
Just him.

Frustration had nearly gotten the better of Lee, and he had almost shouted at Billy that, in fact, he was a married man and he most certainly had family obligations. Only FEAR of Dr. Smyth splitting up his partnership with Amanda kept him from spilling the beans.

Of course, it had to be this weekend. The exact same weekend he finally had some time alone with his wife. Dotty and Kurt had left this morning for a week in the Florida Keys, the JURY had finally reached a verdict in Joe's Human Rights Violation case, and the boys planned to go camping with their father. Moreover, he and Amanda were finally going to be Mr. and Mrs. Stetson for the entire weekend. For the FIFTH week in a row, he had made some elaborate,
romantic plans that now he needed to cancel. No, not cancel. Reschedule, again.

Resigned to his fate, he walked to the elevator and rode up to the
Georgetown foyer. Shoulders slumped, he trudged up the stairs and stood outside the door to the Q-Bureau for a moment, collecting his thoughts on how to break the news to Amanda. Gathering courage to face her disappointment, he heaved a heavy sigh and opened the door.

"Amanda, about this weekend . . ."

End