- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Challenge: Write a story where one or more characters is/are put into a seemingly innocent situation, that could end up bringing some well-kept secrets out into the open. Do the secrets stay hidden or come out in the open? Your story must also incorporate the following five words: JURY, LOUD, FIFTH, DUTY, FEAR.
~~~~~~

"Hello mother," Amanda called out.

Dotty entered the foyer, kissing her daughter on the cheek. "Evening Amanda. Kurt's going to be here in a moment. Do I look okay? Not too LOUD, right? I FEAR I look silly. Oh, the mail is on the table. It looks like you have JURY DUTY," she rambled. Then grabbing her coat and purse, she opened the door. "When I get back, you and I need to talk. I'm just curious to why your jury summons is addressed to Amanda Stetson?" She shut the door, leaving a stunned Amanda.

"Can I plead the FIFTH?"