- Text Size +
Dotty sat across the table from her daughter, Kurt sat on her right and her
sister Lillian on her left. She loved her daughter, she really did, but why
in heaven did she have to partner with her for this hand of Bridge.

Amanda had to be the worst Bridge player in creation. The pair was
two-hundred points down and it looked like Amanda just screwed up bidding on her
hand.

"You can be replaced, you know," Dotty snapped as she totaled up the points
in her hand.

"I'm sorry, Mother, but you knew I didn't know how to play this game."

"It's all right, dear. Lee's back from picking up the boys. I'm sure he
wouldn't mind taking your place."

End