- Text Size +
B5 - Season 1 - Scene extension - Eyes

Garibaldi stared first at Lennier then back to the now restored 1992
Kawasaki Ninja. Originally, Lennier had offered to help translate
the repair manual. The damn thing was in Japanese and he'd had a
hell of time figuring out what they were talking about. The pictures
only helped so much in rebuilding.

He never expected the Minbari to actually build the bike. After all
he'd been working on it for years whenever he had a spare moment or
time off from security. It'd been his purpose in life. Now it was
done. He'd have to find something else to occupy his time.

"Zabagabee. Zabagabee." Lennier chanted over the bike.

"What are you doing?"

Lennier turned around. "I am chanting the traditional Minbari
blessing for safe journey." He bowed to Michael and turned back to
the bike.

"To bad we can't ride it."

"It is quite rideable. I have installed a clean, efficient Minbari
power source in place of the combustion engine."

He could ride it! Michael became excited. His heart pounded at the
thought of racing through the station. He knew he'd probably get
into trouble if he did it. What the hell he was Chief of Security
and that should give him a few privileges. Like taking a spin on
this sleek machine.

"Come on, let's go." He pushed the motorcycle out of his quarters.
He started the engine and listened to it purr. Of course, he'd never
heard a combustion engine except on vids. They'd been outlawed years
ago on Earth. "Hop on."

"You wish me to hop on what?" Lennier stood ramrod straight
perplexed.

"Get on behind me." He patted the seat behind him.

"Now what shall I do?" Lennier asked as he settled onto the seat.

"Hold on." Michael gunned the engine and they shot down the corridor.

They zipped up and down various corridors and as he passed the
transport tube he saw Sinclair and Ivanova entering. He knew they'd
seen him. There'd be hell to pay later. But who cared. He was like
that daredevil from the twentieth century, Evel Knievel. He turned
the corner and the bike zoomed past faces blurred in shock.

He felt exhilarated. Like a little boy. He couldn't remember the
last time he had so much fun. He came to a stop before reaching the
Zocalo. If he went through there, he'd probably end up hitting
someone. He might be able to talk his way out of any trouble for
riding around the station but if he injured someone he'd be spending
some time in his own brig.

Lennier got off, checked the power source and fiddled with some other
gadgets. Michael wanted to get back on and continue riding. It
would be only a matter of time before a stop was put to their joy
riding.

"You can be replaced, you know." He hunched over the handlebars.

"If you wish." Lennier bowed and began to walk away.

"Hey, I was kidding," he yelled at the retreating Minbari. Dang race
they take everything you say literal. "Would you like to drive?"

Lennier turned around and Michael swore he saw a skip in his walk.

"I would be honored."

After explaining how to work the controls, Michael scooted back so he
could get on in front of him. As they sped down the corridor he
thought he heard Lennier yelling, "Woo Hoo."

End