- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Scarecrow and Mrs King is the property of the WB, and Shoot the Moon Enterprises. This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Lee heard a distinct sound behind him and turned around. He flashed his DIMPLES at his mother-in-law and unburdened her arms. He walked beside her to the clothesline and set the laundry basket down on the grass. He heard the squeak of the pulley and watched as Dotty hung his BATHROBE up, followed by his wife's favorite pair of JEANS.

He thought of the night before, when he had consoled his wife because those jeans no longer fit. The concerned hazel eyes of one Lee Stetson scanned his new backyard. They rested on the opposite side where the big oak TREE anchored the clothesline and so much more. His pregnant wife Amanda lay asleep in the chaise lounge. The immense shade of the tree protected her from the brilliant rays of the sun.

"No one could hold a CANDLE to you, Amanda Stetson," he had told her. "You are the most beautiful woman in the world to me, and I am thrilled to call you mine."

Amanda had given in to his charms and accepted him as the authority on the subject. He was very much in love with her. It was better than any fairy tale that concluded, 'the couple lived happily ever after'.

end