- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Instructions:

1. You must use all the words in your story.

2. You can use the words in any order, and even more than once - But you MUST use them all AT LEAST ONCE

3. Each word must be CAPITALIZED, in order to make sure they stand out

4. Each word must be used EXACTLY as noted in the challenge. Please no changing tenses, adding prefixes or suffixes, or pluralizations

5. Your submission can be of any length, from line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.
SMK SMK SMK SMK

DAS WEIHNACHTSGESCHENK

4247 Maplewood Drive

Thursday, Dec 20, 1990

7:00 AM

Lee walked through the foyer. After hearing the second knock, he opened the front door.

"Morning, T.P. What are you doing over here this early?" Tightening the sash on his BATHROBE, Lee opened the door further, inviting him to come in.

"Lee, my boy, just coming by with some gifts for the family." T.P. held up the packages. "I'm headed off to attend the annual Victorian Country Christmas Festival and I wanted to stop by and drop these off before I left."

"T.P. You didn't have to do that."

"I know, Lee. But I consider you and Amanda family. Speaking of Amanda, is she up? I would like to say hello to her, too."

"She's upstairs getting the baby dressed."

"Ah, and how is my grand niece?"

"Growing like a weed," Lee mused, smiling. "She's already pulling herself up and taking little baby steps while holding onto the furniture. Why don't you come into the family room and put the gifts under the tree. I'll go upstairs and change and be right down with Amanda."

T.P. nodded his head. He placed the gifts under the six foot noble Christmas TREE. The holiday lights twinkled on and off. He walked over the fireplace mantel, which was covered in Christmas garland and a centerpiece with a bright red CANDLE. He picked up a silver frame containing a photo of Lee and Amanda's public wedding. He smiled, remembering that day.

Lee came back down the stairs dressed in JEANS and a t-shirt. Amanda came down a second later holding a squirming nine-month old baby on her hip. "T.P.," she kissed his cheek, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Stetson," T.P. grinned. "I put the presents under your lovely tree, but I wanted our boy to open his a little early." T.P. handed him the package.

"Thanks, T.P. Wow, this is heavy." Lee ripped into the wrapping paper and opened the lip to the box. He pulled out a chunk of concrete. Lee looked at it perplexed.

Seeing Lee's confusion, T.P. explained, "I have a distant cousin who lives in Germany and I asked him to mail that to me. Do you know what that is?"

Lee shook his head.

"Think back - you were there about a year ago, witnessing history and I thought you would like a souvenir of that occasion. It's a piece of the Berlin Wall."

"Wow!" Lee shook his hand. "Thanks T.P."

"T.P. would you stay for breakfast?" Amanda asked.

"Thanks, for the offer, Amanda, but I really must dash. Good-bye, Lee and Amanda and have a Merry Christmas." They walked T.P. to the front door.

"Drive safe and Merry Christmas, T.P.," Amanda said.

"Oh, and Amanda, continue to keep this one," he pointed to Lee, "out of trouble," he grinned, putting on his hat and gloves.

Lee smiled, his DIMPLES showing. He put one arm around Amanda's shoulder. "Merry Christmas, T.P. and again thanks."

"You're welcome, Lee." T.P. shut the door. Then wrapping his scarf around his neck, he walked towards his car.