- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is. The much asked for sequel to The General's Ball. This takes place a few weeks after.
Success


Amanda slowly rose on eyelid and peeked at the bedside clock. Her eyes flew open when she read the time.

Ten o'clock!

She never slept late. Well, she and Lee hadn't gotten much sleep last night. She smiled and turned to cuddle with her husband, only to find his side of the bed empty, his body heat missing from the sheets.

Slipping out of bed, she slid her BATHROBE over her naked flesh and walked toward the bathroom. She passed the open window, and the sound of the lawnmower drew her eyes to the backyard. Lee sat astride the mower as he trimmed the lawn. She watched while he deftly maneuvered around the giant oak TREE.

He disappeared from view, and she padded into the bathroom. The CANDLE Lee placed on the vanity last night had dwindled down to a hardened pool of wax. She wiggled it out of the holder and tossed the remnants into the waist basket.

Reaching way into the back of the cabinet, Amanda pulled out a square box. Her hands shook as she pried open the box. They were trembling so hard she had difficulty reading the instructions.

Carefully, she sat on the toilet and began to pee on the test stick. Butterflies marched in her stomach as she placed the stick on the counter. The double blue line appeared almost instantaneously. She laughed and cried at the same time. They'd done it, and she couldn't wait to tell Lee.

Grabbing her toothbrush and mouthwash, she raced through her morning routine. All the while thinking about how happy Lee would be.

Questions raced through her mind. Would it be a boy or girl? Either one was fine with her. She just wanted a healthy baby. Of course, she wanted to give Lee a son. Someone to carry on his name. A little girl to dress up would be wonderful, too. She wondered if the baby would have her dark hair or Lee's lighter shade. Would Lee pass on his sexy DIMPLES or would the baby have her too thin lips?

Rushing back into the bedroom, she pulled a T-shirt over her head and shimmied into her JEANS. It was probably just her imagination, but they felt tight already.

She ran down the stairs and through the house. Once outside, she took a deep breath and walked around the backyard to where Lee stood emptying the lawn clippings.

Jumping into his arms, she wound her arms and legs around him. He caught her and wrapped his arms tight around her, anchoring her to him.

Her lips descended to his and she kissed him deeply.

He broke the kiss. "Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, Daddy!"

"Daddy? Daddy!" His eyes widened and he grinned.

She nodded and grinned back, tears streaming down her face.

"You mean we did it? You're pregnant?"

She just kept nodding.

"That's wonderful!" He kissed her hard and spun her around in circles. "Oh my gosh!" He slid her down his body and tugged her into his embrace. "I love you, Amanda."

"I love you, too Lee."

End.