- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Scarecrow and Mrs King is the property of the WB, and Shoot the Moon Enterprises. This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Amanda walked over to the bathroom door and put on her BATHROBE. There was nothing like a warm fleecy bathrobe in the deepest of winter. Amanda grabbed her book and went to the kitchen and put the kettle on. She started to prepare a hot chocolate with marsh mellows and intended on having a night alone resting from her busy life. The kids were at a friends’ house he mother was at the movies the Agency had no work for her and Lee was away. It was a perfect moment to rest and regain her energy. The kettle boiled and she added a little hot water to the chocolate. She stirred it absentmindedly trying not to think of Lee. She wondered where he was right now and what mission he was working on. She added the rest of the water and stirred again then added the marsh mellows. She did not have a sweet tooth although there was nothing like hot chocolate to relax you after a stressful week.

She took the hot chocolate to the couch and sat down and started to read her book. She managed to read a few lines of her book when a tapping noise on the window made her look up. She jumped off the couch and ran to the window to see who it was and saw Lee looking back at her. There goes my evening of rest she thought as she made her way to the back door. When she opened the door Lee was stood there holding his jacket collar close to his neck.

"Lee I think you better come inside you look freezing."

"Where's your mother and the boys?" Lee asked hesitating at the door. He tried not to look at her in the figure hugging dressing gown. Not to mention she looked like she was not wearing anything under it.

"Out for the evening, hurry up you are letting the cold air in." She said grabbing his arm and pulling him in and shutting the door at the same time.

"I can make you a hot chocolate if you like to warm you up." Amanda made her way over to the kettle and filled it with water then put it on the stove again and was about to light it.

"Amanda I am fine."

"No you're not you're freezing cold."

Lee stopped her in her tracks "Honestly I don't need a hot chocolate. I have something to show you but you will have to get dressed."

"This is a little short notice, you can't imagine how hard it is to get an evening all to myself. Couldn't this wait till tomorrow?"

"Amanda I wish it could. It won't take long really you'll be home before you know it."

Amanda looked at Lee doubtfully. "Urm okay I will throw my JEANS and a tea-shirt."

Lee smiled showing his cute DIMPLES and made Amanda blush. She quickly disappeared upstairs wondering what Lee was up to.

Lee wondered round the lounge looking at the books and photos. There seemed to be a lot of reference books and family photos on the shelves. One photo he noticed was of Amanda when she was much younger, her hair was long and straight and loose around her shoulders and she was wearing a long blue chiffon dress and was looking shyly at the ground rather than the camera. She looked very beautiful. Like that day when she wore the long white shimmering dress at Lord Bromfields.

"Lee."

"Oh, hi... sorry, I was looking at your books." He said trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Really." Amanda noticed he was standing right by the picture of her in that rather sexy dress that her mother convinced her to wear then made her pose for the photo. "Anything you want to borrow." she said with a slight smirk on her lips. She did not give him a chance to answer she quickly cleared up the dishes and then grabbed her coat.

_____________

Lee drove along the highway the heater on full to stop the windows from steaming up and to keep them warm. Amanda sat quietly watching the world go by wishing she was at home warm drinking her hot chocolate.

They eventually pulled up by a large building, Amanda looked questionably at Lee "Come on lets go in before we get too cold."

Amanda wrapped her scarf round her neck and followed Lee into the building. Lee did not reach for a light but instead lit a CANDLE and lead Amanda into the building.

"Well this is certainly mysterious." Amanda said following behind Lee rather closely.

"We are nearly there"

"Gosh Lee the suspense is killing me."

Lee walked over to the wall of a larger room and turned on the lights. Amanda shielded her eyes until they had adjusted.

"Wow" Amanda said looking round the room which was the size of a football pitch. "Oh my gosh an inside goofy golf" She said walking forward to explore. She walked up to a fake TREE with a hole in its base.

"Here take this you can't do goofy golf without the golf clubs."

"Lee how did you find this place?"

"Well it is about to be opened soon and I know the manager so I asked a favor of him. I knew how hard you had been working and thought you would love to come here without the hassle of waiting in long cutes with lots of children running round. I also thought you might want to spend the night with me playing Goofy Golf and not talking about work." Lee handed her a club and kept one for himself.

"Oh Lee that is so sweet." She learned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He blushed then threw a golf ball into the air for her to catch. "You go first."

"With Pleasure," Amanda said taking aim.

The End