- Text Size +
"Okay, I know that we've had a lot of knew guys . . . and gals join
us in the last couple of weeks so I'm going to give you all the run
down of how things work around here." Mr. Coffee glanced at the row
of new coffee mugs then at the clock on the wall across the bullpen.

"We have ten minutes before the morning shift comes in and it will
get busy around here, so lets get this meeting to order. As you
might have noticed, we have been a lot busier around here since Mrs.
King came on board. Mostly thanks to her home baked goodies that she
brings and sets right here on our table."

"The men seem to hang around our table much more drinking our coffee
while they snack. Watch out for Agent Beaman, he tends to be a bit
clumsy and, not to scare you, but has been known to knock a coffee
cup onto the floor. Sadly, we have lost several in our ranks to his
clumsiness. You might hear Mr. Melrose bellow from time to time from
his office, but he is known for being gentle with his coffee mugs.
You will most likely have a donut dunked in you and savored in his
office. Agent Desmond will leave lipstick on your rim, usually a
shade of red. She tends to hang around when there is something
chocolate joining us at the table."

He reminded himself to keep a close eye on the new blue striped mug,
he was spending more time scooting closer to the lavender mug
throughout the lecture instead of listening.

"In past months, I had to spend a large amount of time warning you
about Agent Stetson, but recently, I believe also due to Mrs. Kings
presence, he has mellowed greatly. He used to stagger in late; his
clothes disheveled, with dark circles under his eyes almost every
morning, grab the nearest mug and down his coffee while Mr. Melrose
yelled at him to get into the morning meeting."

Mr. Coffee stopped as the lights began to flicker. "Okay, people.
That is the signal of a new day. Be safe out there." He looked
around then sighed. "Blue, get back in line. You know the first
rule around here. Always get back in the same position you were left
in the night before!" He's going to be trouble.

Ah, it was going to be a good day. Mrs. King walked up with a plate
full of cookies and started the coffee. Definitely a good day was
beginning. She made the best coffee, and her cookies were sure to
bring many visitors to their side of the bullpen.

Hmf. They call themselves spies, and they have no clue what we do
when they aren't around.