- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Write a story from the POV of an inanimate object. You have two choices.

a. For Scarecrow & Mrs. King: The coffee maker in the Bullpen

b. For Babylon 5: The bench in the garden.
First Day

Little did I know, in the morning that, this will be the last time to see daylight. I was bought with several other sisters, loaded in a big car, and after some time placed proudly on a table, near a windowed wall.

I took advantage of the apparent silence to look around. The room was big with many other tables, but from what I could see I was the only coffee maker around.

The chatting bunch of mugs told me all I needed to know about the place. "The Agency," and I was really anxious to know the people who work there.

Minutes passed and all kinds of people came over to taste the coffee, some took the mugs to their desks and some enjoyed it near me talking with other people.

Suddenly the two ladies who were talking earlier about some fashion boutique, almost dropped their mugs.

"Oh, Maria look, here comes Scarecrow! Geez, I’ve worked here for 5 years now, and every time I see him, I hardly can breath."

"You are right Lisa, the man is drop dead gorgeous. These are sad times for us, because it seems that he's off market. He is spending all his time with his partner Mrs. King, from what I heard around. Ms. Desmond thinks the same, I heard her complaining about that. I remember the days when he was present more in the steno pool then here in the bullpen. Remember how often, Mr. Melrose called him at our phone? Oh and Lee's playful wink. “Bye ladies, duty calls, see you later!” made our hearts race, especially for the one of us, who had A LATER, with him." Now if we want to see him, we must come over here."

All these words, made me curious to see the man they were talking about. Two voices floated from the door, one cheerful and sweet the other husky and low, "Good morning ladies!"

The owner of the husky voice approached the table, and I had to agree with the women’s opinion - he was handsome, I saw many men while waiting on the shop shelf to be bought.

What was clear, even for me, was the fact that his eyes were only for the lady, who came with him. She stopped for a while to speak with Lisa, and his eyes were glued to her figure.

I'm sure it would very interesting to work here, I can't wait to hear all the stories the mugs and sugar bowl know, but now I have to go back to the coffee-brewing, more people approach the table. See you later!