- Text Size +
His Hand

There it was again.

She felt the warmth spread throughout her body.

His hand.

He placed it there more often lately, quite a bit more often. Not just while in a busy place or crossing the street, but almost everywhere they went.

Through the bullpen.

Down the hall.

Walking in the park.

Even up her front walk.

A new habit that she didn't mind at all.

Now as they walked past Mrs. Marsten and tossed their badges on her desk, it was there again.

His hand.

On the small of her back.

Leading her . . . wherever he wanted.

*****

Subliminal Messages

*Sex*

Quit it, Stetson.

*Intercourse*

Stop it. You've got to quit thinking about that.

*Knee knocking*

Will you give it up already? Yes, she looks fabulous in that dress. And yes, that kiss was amazing. But you've got to pull yourself together.

This is Amanda King. Not one of your girls. ARG! Women. Now you're starting to sound like her. Not only am I talking to myself, but I'm talking like Amanda.

*Bump and grind*

Okay. Enough's enough. The wedding wasn't real. I put a fake name.

So why can't I keep my mind off the honeymoon?

*Making love*

ARG!

*****
Fooling Anyone

Do they really think they're fooling anyone?

Definitely not me.

The way he looks at her.

That special smile she gives him.

The way they finish each other's sentences.

If I didn't know better, I'd think they were married.

No one lies to Francine Desmond. They broke up. Yeah, right.

*****

Tap. Tap. Tap.

She scrubbed an invisible spot off of the last dinner plate.

Would he come tonight?

Twice last week he tapped on the window. One morning she saw his
footprints in the mud. That made three times last week.

It was already Tuesday, and no late night visitor.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

*****

The Meeting

The lights in the conference room finally went out, this was my
chance. Sneaking in, I found the nearest wall space and leaned
against it. Spreading my legs slightly I caught myself before I
sighed out loud.

There's absolutely no way I'm going to make it through this
meeting. I'm already miserable from walking across the bullpen.

"Lee . . . . Lee!"

Oh crap, now what.

"Yes, Billy?"

"The Rhyerson case?"

"Well, last week . . . What? . . .You want me to come up front?"

"Um, sure, okay."

Okay, Lee, take a deep breath and walk up there, no one has to know
that you have a rash, down there. No one will ever have to know.
One step, two steps, three steps. I can do this. Oh crap, is my
face getting red? Why did we have to use a new lotion last night?

*****