- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimers: Scarecrow and Mrs. King is copyrighted to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Production Company. This story, however, is copyrighted to the mentioned authors. This story is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Amanda's blood was boiling at the nerve of this man, this man she
thought was beginning to trust her and believe in her abilities.
But then she heard those words coming out of his mouth.

"Come on Billy! She can't do it. There is no way Amanda will be
able to pull this off."

"Really Billy this is a pretty high profile assignment. Do you
really think our little housewife is going to be able to pull it
off?" Francine chimes in, which only fuels the fire in Amanda's
belly even more.

"Both of you just stop this nonsense! Why don't you ask Amanda if
she can handle the assignment instead of berating her, and further
more do you think I would give Amanda this assignment if I didn't
think she could handle it?" Billy was loosing his cool.

Amanda finally has had enough listening to this argument over her
assignment, and speaks up "Five miles!"

With that everyone in the room turns to Amanda. "Five miles! You
want me to run five miles! Will that prove to you that I am worthy
to enter you little triathlon? Or do you want me to jump in the
pool and get on a bike also? Mr. Melrose gave me this assignment
and you two can just butt out. For you information I am
qualified." She threw down the file Billy had just given her on the
table in front of Lee and Francine, and stormed out the room.

Lee picked up the file and started to flip through it.

"Oh, boy" were the only words to escape his lips as he handed the
file to Francine.

Billy just stood there with a smug look on his face.

"I guess I better go find her." With that Lee left.

"She used to race in triathlons? I can't believe this." Francine
just stood shocked while Billy's laugh echoed.