- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Scene extension for Always Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth.
Set a few days after the finality of the Khan case.
Amanda sat at her kitchen counter reading the letter from Penny Khan and smiled. Penny had also sent her a nice size package.

‘That sexy nightgown suggestion did the trick,’ Amanda contemplated as she continued reading, happy to see a turnaround in Raiza and Penny’s marriage. They had taken a well-deserved vacation at an undisclosed location and renewed their determination to make things work.

Amanda felt so relaxed at the positive news. The boys were at a friend’s home for a birthday sleepover. Dotty was away for the weekend. Dean was out of town. She knew she would have to inform Dean that their relationship was going nowhere, at least on her part. She didn’t see a future for them and didn’t want hurt feelings, so she would have to tell him gently. Guilt for using a friend was not in her makeup as an honorable human being.

All the time used to ponder this matter caused her tea to get cold and the package to be forgotten. Placing her boyfriend on the back burners of her mind she proceeded to open Penny’s package. There was a wonderful memento of their time spent at Beau Johnson’s ranch. A white stallion
stared back at her showing expert workmanship. Amanda loved the figurine and would place it proudly on her knick-knack shelf. In addition to the stallion, there was an exquisitely wrapped gift box begging to be opened.

The opened box produced a lovely nightgown, definitely sexy in nature, low cut, spaghetti straps and deep red in color. The accompanying card read, “For your next “thing” with Lee. Don’t deny anything, it won’t work. Love, Penny.” What a friend she had found in Penny! Amanda loved the gown, wondering if she’d ever get the chance to wear it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lee tapped on her kitchen window and completely surprised Amanda. She gave him the most captivating smile he ever saw and his heart melted a little.

“Come on in,” she beckoned. “No one’s home except me. Sit down and enjoy some tea.”

“I’m not interrupting anything am I?” he questioned, looking around.

“Not at all, what kind of tea would like?”

“Amanda, could I have coffee, black, with sugar?”

“Sure, do you mind instant?”

“That’s fine.”

As they were sipping their beverages, Amanda mentioned that she had just finished reading a letter from Penny when he arrived.

“How are she and Raiza?” Lee inquired.

“They had a nice week of rest and relaxation and are trying to get their marriage on the right track again,”
Amanda sounded hopeful.

“I’m glad. They’re a nice couple. Penny really took to you,” he smiled.

“I have found a close friend in her, Lee. I really miss her,” replied Amanda sadly, lost in thought.

Coming back to reality, Amanda asked, “Lee, you never did tell me what you’re doing here.” Curiosity was getting the best of her.

“Nothing special. I hadn’t seen you for awhile and just wanted to know how you were doing,” he replied.

“I’m fine, just a little on the lonely side with everyone gone. Your visit perked me up a lot,” she smiled.

Avoiding her eyes and trying to change the subject, Lee noticed the present from Penny and asked casually, “What’s in the box, Amanda?”

“Presents from Penny. Look at this replica of a white stallion. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” she voiced admiring the ceramic object.

“Yeah,” he agreed, not gazing at the statue, but into her lovely face.

Amanda blushed appropriately

Trying to keep the frivolity light, Lee asked, “What’s in the smaller box, Amanda?”

Nervously she answered, “Nothing…just a personal item is all,” She tried to hide the gown behind her back.

“A..man..da,” he teased. “What’s in there?” The curiosity was killing him. He started after her, teasing and playing the avoidance game, but finally he won.

Opening the box while an embarrassed Amanda watched, Lee viewed a lovely red night gown, “A night gown from Penny. It’s beautiful and very sexy,” he finished, looking
directly into her soulful, brown eyes. “Red is definitely your color.”

Lee continued, “there’s a card, too….hmmm,” he got immersed in the intimate message.

Looking at Amanda again, after finishing the gift card, he wanted nothing more than to make her comfortable. He came closer to her and placed a finger under her chin to view her bright red complexion and gaze into her eyes. He remarked huskily, “I wouldn’t mind having a “thing” with you at all. Maybe someday…huh,” he whispered quietly. Then, he kissed her lips very lightly, smiling slyly. “You’re very special to me. Goodnight, Amanda, hope I see you soon,” and walked out the back door.

She just stood there with her finger to her lips and a beginning smile forming.

The End