- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just another idea I had for this week's challenge. Thanks to Monica for talking it out with me.

It takes place during the episode Over the Limit written by Tom Ropelewski. The characters belong to Warner Bros. & Shoot the Moon as well as Mr. Ropelewski. I am only borrowing them to entertain the girls in the gutter.
Amanda arrived at work a half hour earlier than expected. She needed
to leave her spring-cleaning reports with Lee to review before
handing them in to Mr. Melrose.

She was still angry with Lee and didn't want to face him just yet.
First, he lied to her. Told her he had insomnia. He could have told
her he had a new girlfriend. He didn't need to lie about it.

Then he had a lot of nerve, telling her how beautiful she looked in
the dress she wore for the New Year's Eve party. Only to inform her
he wanted to buy one for a "friend." She didn't need to find out
about the other woman that way.

She'd thought they were moving forward from partners and friends to
something more. He'd taken her to the Verdi festival two weeks ago.
And he'd seemed more than a little relieved she hadn't been hurt when
the bomb went off at the rally. Holding her until she stopped
shaking.

She was so angry with him, her PULSE pounded in her ears, and it was
a wonder she didn't give him a piece of her mind, and tell him to
KISS off right there on the sidewalk.

The door rattled and she looked up, Lee walked in to the Q-Bureau and
stopped mid-stride. He tried to hide the bag he was carrying behind
his back. But, she'd recognize that purple box tied with white RIBBON
CURLS anywhere.

Looks like he'd done a little shopping at Rebecca's Fantasy. Probably
picked up a SILK teddy or some other see-through garment.

She walked passed him closing the door behind her. She knew she was
rude not saying anything to him, but she couldn't be sure she
wouldn't say something she couldn't take back.

It was best if she'd just avoided him today. She'd just go over to
the Save Our Bay office and see if she could get some more
information on who wanted to frame Elizabeth for murder.

End