- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Challenge: Write a story that includes the words: SILK, KISS, PULSE, RIBBON, CURLS and, to add to the challenge, the story takes place during the THIRD SEASON. This story takes place during All The World’s A Stage. A very short story.

Usual disclaimers apply. Don’t own them; don’t make money off of them. Thanks to Jennifer for beta reading.
Interruptions

Amanda King sat at her partner’s desk typing up the report that was due on Billy’s desk in less then a half an hour. She had to stop to replace the typewriter RIBBON. Opening the drawers to search for the replacement ribbon she let her mind wonder, contemplating the events that had unfolded the last few months between her and Lee.

If anything, Lee Stetson was a walking contradiction. Amanda was confused about this complex puzzle of a man. A date to the opera, roses in the Q-Bureau, dinner at his apartment with no ‘shop talk’, a near KISS in the swamp, only to be followed by the ‘just two people seeking a little warmth’ speech. Yes, a walking contraction was right.

They both seemed to be seeking more then just friendship, but what she was not sure.

She wondered what it would be like to feel his warm embrace, to kiss him, to feel his fingers running through her CURLS, to breath in the smell of his aftershave, the feel on her arms wrapped around his neck, running her hands through his hair. She had no doubt that his hair would feel like SILK.

Just the thought of those things made her PULSE quicken.

Were they ever going to get this right? She wondered. Whether it was Peter Sacker‘s men firing at them, mother and the boys coming home too soon or Francine walking in on them; except for that sweet little peck at the backdoor a couple of weeks ago they never seemed to be able to catch a break.

Yes, she and Lee had a lot to talk about. She was tired of the interruptions and if he did not do something soon she had made up her mind that she would.

End