- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: None of the B5 characters belongs to me, and I have in no way harmed them during this writing.
It was a Thursday morning on Minbar. John Sheridan, Alliance President, got up and dressed for work. He tried to do so quietly, not wanting to wake his wife.

David was seven, and was up too, because he had school. He managed to prepare his own breakfast and get dressed without his father’s helps.

Delenn had the day off. She snoozed for an extra hour while husband and son padded around their quarters, getting ready for their day. For the moment, she relished the extra time under the covers.

Over the past three weeks, Delenn’s clan had requested her presence for several joinings, meetings and other miscellaneous clan duties. She had a high rank with her job, and although her human appearance had once been against her, it seemed now not to matter. As one of the most revered of her clan, she was highly sought after for these ceremonies.

John was powerless to keep her from going to these things, and he wouldn’t dare tell her not to go to one of them. He knew how important living on Minbar was to her. She’d remimmersed herself in her culture. And if she was needed at these things, her human husband couldn’t make excuses for her.

In the wake of being so busy, she needed a day off to recuperate. She awoke in time to help David find his schoolbooks and kissed John on his way out to work.

“I’ll see you two at dinner,” John said as he walked out the door with his briefcase.

“Okay,” had been Delenn’s soft reply.

“Mommy, I’m ready,” David bounded over to her. He looked so much like John to her. Yet there were traces of her own father in her son. A look in his eyes, or the way he would set his jaw.

“Let’s go then,” Delenn smiled back at him. Delenn enjoyed taking him to school. She rarely did it now that he was able to do a lot of things independently. He had the Rangers to watch over him on his way to school. She usually picked him up in the afternoons, so the teachers could get to know her and vice versa.

The school David attended had been built out of the necessity of having human children as permanent residents of Minbar. The Rangers were getting married; to each other or someone they met while on assignment. A lot of them liked their assignments to Minbar and now had children. The Minbari education system wasn’t quite prepared to deal with teaching Human children, whose emotional, intellectual, and familial structure was different than Minbari children’s.

The Minbari system of clans and castes allowed for apprenticing children to the caste or position of their parents’ choice without giving the child a say in the matter. From ages as early as five, these children could be sent to the home of any of the members of the clan and raised as a sort of foster child.

Delenn had started her childhood training fairly early, when she was six, although at first, she went home every day. Once she reached eleven cycles, she was boarding full time with other Minbari her age and she was by then officially dedicated, sort of married, to the religious caste. Her mother was already gone from her life for the most part, and she could see her father when she wasn’t in classes. After sixteen cycles, she was too busy to see her father often.

John did not argue with Delenn over anything she wanted to do to teach David about his Minbari culture. Meditations were fine. John did them too. Candles, crystals, all which went with Minbari tradition didn’t faze the Alliance President. Everything was fine until Delenn wanted to send David away after his fifth birthday. He was to spend time with different members of her clan. If she had proposed shorter time periods, it would have been fine, John had told her, but not a new house every month for the coming year.

John had heard about David’s school while his bodyguards were talking about it and thought David would do fine there. He compromised with Delenn to wait until David turned twelve to send him off for long periods on strictly Minbari training. Delenn had sighed about David missing important rituals. John assured her that their son could both study for his rituals and get an education from the hybrid school. Some Minbari Rangers were even sending their children, so they could mingle with children of different races, widen their horizons.

The compromise was working. David did go to spend time with one of her clan members for a month. It was helpful, as Delenn and John needed a vacation from their son about then. David seemed to enjoy both that visit and his school.

“We’re here,” David said, bringing his mother out of her reverie.

“All right, you have a good day. Listen well, and we’ll talk about what you learned later,” Delenn said.

“Okay. I love you,” David hugged her and walked in with his bodyguards, waving at two of his friends as he went in. Delenn smiled after him.

She hadn’t been emotionally attached to her parents that way at that age. She loved her father dearly, still missed him. But the connection was not the same as hers was with her son. She thought he was definitely in the right place to learn.

At lunchtime, John called Delenn. They always tried to at least talk during lunch if they could.

“Why don’t you come home?” Delenn asked when she saw his face. He seemed stressed out and she had a great way to lighten his load.

“It’s not possible today,” John sighed. He was too busy to even think about leaving the office.

“Why not? You are close by, and David’s at school,” Delenn said coyly, “You look as if you need a break.”

“I’ve only got a few minutes. I have to get back into these negotiations soon, or one of the parties might be offended. I’ll tell you about it later,” John promised.

“Okay. Do not forget, David will want his story from you tonight,” Delenn said. She had read to David all week. He was starting to ask why John wasn’t there to read to him.

“I haven’t forgotten. I’ll talk to you this evening,” John smiled as he signed off. He knew David missed him; they’d talked about his being gone that morning, before Delenn was up. John had had late meetings for the last three nights in a row and he knew tonight might make number four. He hated the idea. He would try to get home for dinner.

Delenn was glad he would be home in a few hours. She wished he hadn’t been so busy lately. He’d come home and fall into bed. Even though she had clan duties, John came home more tired than she was.

After taking David to school, she’d cleaned their personal quarters, getting the laundry ready for the servants to clean and press. She had picked up in David’s room first. He had three days of clothes all over the place. She didn’t know how, but he’d managed to get underwear, shirts and pants in the hardest to reach places. There wasn’t much laundry for her and John. They pretty much took care of their laundry same day. Except the socks.

John had a few dirty pairs sitting around, but she didn’t ever touch his socks. She never knew which pair he’d want to wash next, and if he wanted them sent out, he did it himself.

She had meditated for an hour, and then had lunch with a few friends. They had eaten in the official dining room. It hadn’t been Delenn’s idea to eat there. She’d wanted to eat out, but her companions thought it would be a great idea, and they had had fun, which was the whole point of having lunch.

Later on, she picked up David from school. He was always excited to see her.

“Hi, Mommy,” David said, “I learned a lot of stuff today.”

“Like what?” Delenn asked as they walked home.

“Well, in science, we learned about gravity on all the other Alliance Worlds. They had a little film too. I’m glad it wasn’t too long b’cause sometimes I fall asleep,” David said, grinning.

Delenn smiled down at him, “What else did you learn?”

“Well, in social studies, we learned how the Drazi have teams and they fight for dominance and stuff. But they don’t do it all the time, and they don’t really try and kill each other. That only happened a few times,” David explained.

“Do you have any homework?” Delenn asked.

“Yep,” David said, not sounding as happy.

“Do you need help?”

“I think I can do it by myself. Maybe you or Daddy can check it when I am done though. I have to do it right before I give it to Professor Del’ek.”

“We can do that,” Delenn agreed.

Later, as Delenn and David were about to make their way to the dining room to meet John, the comm. system bleeped for the Entil’zha’s attention.

“Yes?” Delenn asked of the machine after she transferred the call to her bedroom.

John’s face appeared, “Hi.”

“Why are you still at the office?” Delenn asked.

“I have to stay and finish the negotiations. These two groups are on the verge of war. If I can’t solve this soon, I’m not sure they’ll wait until tomorrow.”

“You can’t even have dinner with us? You should eat,” Delenn said, disappointed.

“No. I’m having a sandwich sent in, but I can’t leave the two representatives alone for very long. The hatred is running high right now,” John looked at the floor. Looking into her eyes was too difficult for him.

“David will be disappointed.”

“I know, tell him I’m sorry,” John said, meeting her gaze.

“Will you at least be home for him to say goodnight?” Delenn asked.

“Doesn’t look good,” John said. He was disappointed too, but there wasn’t anything he could do. His hands were proverbially tied.

“You promised him. And me,” Delenn said, the disappointment obvious in her tone.

“I have to settle this tonight,” John said, “That’s just the way my job is sometimes.”

“John, I’ve gotten David to bed every night this week. It was my turn on Monday and Tuesday. Last night I did it too, in anticipation of you doing so tonight and tomorrow. If it isn’t treaty negotiations, it’s a terrorist threat, and if it’s not a terrorist threat then it’s wage negotiations. When will your son ever get to see you?” Delenn questioned.

“I don’t know that answer right now. What I do know is that the Esacans will destroy the Vendani if I don’t solve this. My assistant’s back, so I have to go. Tell David I’m sorry, okay?” John asked, trying to give her puppy dog eyes. Didn’t work, he could tell right away.

Delenn only nodded. There was nothing more to say. She rejoined her son in the living room.

“Was that Daddy?” David asked.

“Yes. He can’t come to dinner because he’s still working. I don’t think he’ll be home until late,” Delenn said, “But he is very sorry he won’t see you tonight.”

“No fair,” David groused, “I haven’t hardly seen him all week!”

“No it is not fair. Shall we go to dinner?” Delenn asked. David nodded and they walked the short distance to the dining room.

“Can I sit in Daddy’s chair?” David asked.

“You may sit anywhere you like,” Delenn said, still somewhat put out that John wasn’t there, and trying not to take it out on their son, who resembled him so much.

David took his father’s seat, “Mom, you know what?”

“What?” Delenn asked, glad for a distraction from her thoughts.

“They’re gonna have a new class after school about all kinds of poetry. I want to do that if it’s okay with you,” David said, slurping at the soup that was the first course.

“That would be fine,” Delenn said. He had other activities he liked also. Sports and music were regular after school occupations.

“Mark and Tommy are going to do it too,” David continued, “But they said their parents made ‘em. I’m going to be the best one…poetry is not hard.”

“It’s not a competition, David. It’s a matter of you truly wanting to learn,” Delenn reminded him. He was always excited try anything new. His life was not yet decided. She saw that he needed to try to excel in anything he came across. It was good for him to do so while he was young.

“I know, but I really am going to do a good job,” David promised, then switched subjects, “Can I have extra dessert tonight?”

“If you finish your dinner,” Delenn said, knowing it was fish night and that David didn’t like fish that much.

“Okaaay,” David said quietly, guessing it was probably fish night. His mother had given in too easily. He still wanted that dessert though.

After they returned to their quarters from dinner, David bathed himself and got ready for bed on his own. He had eaten all his dinner and gotten that extra piece of pie he wanted, so he was about ready to fall asleep.

Delenn drank a cup of tea while she looked over his homework from the afternoon. As always, David was thorough. He was required to do his homework with paper and a writing implement of some sort. His penmanship was not yet perfect, but he had clearly taken his time with his homework.

“How’d it come out?” David asked once he was in his pajamas.

“It’s fine,” Delenn told him.

“Really?”

“I’m sure your professors will tell you the same tomorrow,” Delenn said, “Go and pick out your book for tonight.”

“Don’t want to,” David said, “It’s Dad’s turn.”

“What do you want to do then?” Delenn decided it would not be right to have him go to bed because John wasn’t there.

“Umm, what were you going to do?”

“I was going to watch a vid tonight, but it is a very long one,” Delenn said.

“What’s it about?” David asked.

“It is about three Minbari women, one from each caste, and how they become friends. How their differences make them able to help each other,” Delenn told him, thinking the movie might be a little deep for her son. Then she decided he was smart enough to understand the basic plot.

“Can I watch it for a little while with you? I’ll go to bed on time, promise,” David asked.

“If you really want to,” Delenn agreed, “I think I would like the company.”

The two sat on the couch and Delenn turned on the vid. David retrieved a blanket from his room and covered both of them with it. As the opening scenes began, David leaned his head against Delenn’s left shoulder. Half way through the three hour film, he was asleep.

The chrono on the wall read 2100 hours but Delenn did not move David. It had been a long time since he’d fallen asleep on her, and he looked content where he was. As long as he slept for school in the morning, it didn’t matter where.

Part 2

John entered his personal quarters wearily that evening. It was almost midnight, but he’d finally managed a truce and a treaty that both sides agreed to. All he wanted to do was look in on his son and fall into bed next to Delenn, who by all rights should have been asleep long before he got in.

He found his wife and son both asleep but not where he expected them. They were on the couch, presumably having watched a vid. The system shut itself off automatically after a vid, if not given further instructions. The two on the couch looked so peaceful.

“Delenn?” John asked of his unconscious mate. She usually heard him when he had to come in late. The only answer this time was a light snore, “I guess they both had a long day.”

This time, John kissed Delenn’s cheek and shook her gently awake. Her eyes fluttered open. After a minute she realized where she was.

“Hi,” John said.

“You finished the negotiations?” Delenn asked. Delenn’s first thought on seeing her husband was that he must have finished work.

“Mmmhmm,” John said.

“We should get David into bed,” Delenn said, “He was watching a vid with me and fell asleep. I was going to wake him after the vid, but as you can see…”

“I’ll get him in bed,” John volunteered. David had already started to wake to his parents’ quiet talking, but was still very groggy. John lifted him off the couch and carried the boy to his bed. It was faster than having David walk there. Delenn followed with his blanket.

“Daddy, you’re home,” David said with a sigh.

“I am, but you have to sleep right now,” John replied.

“I know, but I don’t want to,” David sad in a sad tone.

“I’ll see you a bit later,” John said with finality, brushing David’s hair back. He stood up and left the room.

“Mommy…will he be here tomorrow after school?” David asked as Delenn tucked him in.

“I don’t know,” Delenn said honestly, “We will have to see.”

“Well, okay. I hope he will be,” David said.

“Me too,” Delenn concurred. She stood watching David a minute until his face looked relaxed and he was sleeping.

John and Delenn prepared for bed in tired silence. John wanted to apologize again to Delenn for not being home. Yet he was doing his job as President of the Alliance. The dichotomy of being husband, father, and then President was getting to him now. It had gotten to him before.

He had been away on a trip for two weeks when David started walking. He missed his son’s first real word, and so much more that he was too worn-out to recall. He had to do something this time.

Delenn wanted to know why John had put his family on the back burner of late. She understood his job. She helped put him where he was. Perhaps it was something more. She was too tired to have a reasonable discussion about it and was certain John was even more exhausted.

The couple crawled into bed and fell asleep in a weary embrace. Although they knew they needed to talk, and that it would wait until morning, each still needed and wanted the other’s touch.

John’s alarm always sounded first in the morning. He had the sound down to a reasonable enough level that Delenn would sleep through it. He awoke an hour before her, because of his sock washing and because it was guaranteed time for him to see David, even if the child was bustling about in preparation for school. John could help him find things and help him get cereal, or whatever he wanted for breakfast.

Delenn got out of bed an hour after John, just in time to take her turn at the shower and get dressed. The smaller bathroom of the two she and John had housed the shower stall, toilet and a sink.

“Daddy, my shoes!” David was crying when Delenn exited her and John’s bedroom.

“By the door, short stuff,” John replied back jovially.

“Ah ha,” David said, sitting on the couch to put them on.

“John you are not dressed for work,” Delenn noted.

“No, I canceled everything between now and Tuesday,” John confirmed.

“Why?” Delenn asked.

John looked up at her from the table where he’d been reading news flimsies, “Because, I’m sick.”

“You seemed well enough last night,” Delenn said, “Maybe you should go back to bed.”

“Not that kind of sick,” John said, smiling at her.

“What then?” Delenn asked.

“Yea, Daddy, what kind of sick are you?” David asked, climbing onto Delenn’s lap.

“I’m sick of not seeing my family. Missing out on things you’ve done. I need to be with you, more than I have been lately,” John admitted, “Now I’m doing something about it.”

“Oh,” David said, “That’s good for us.”

“David…you better get going to school,” Delenn pointed out.

“Yikes, don’t wanna be late!” David found grabbed his books from a chair in the living room and ran out the door.

“Want some breakfast? David heated some waffles this morning,” John offered.

“In a few minutes. John, we need to talk,” Delenn said, her expression one of concern.

“We are talking, I thought. Something wrong?” John asked.

“I was going to ask you the same thing. It seems you have deliberately scheduled meetings after 1700 for a reason I don’t understand,” Delenn said.

“I’m just working. Working hard and trying to get things out of the way. But every time I do, something new comes up,” John explained, “But I’m not going to do that anymore. I mean it.”

“What is important is that, if you make a promise to David, keep it. He relies on you to do so,” Delenn emphasized.

“I can do that,” John said, taking a final gulp from his coffee mug.

Delenn went into the kitchenette to get her breakfast, satisfied with the direction of the conversation, “Do you need more coffee?”

“I’ll get it, you get your breakfast,” John said. He joined her in the kitchenette, wrapping his arms around her waist.

“John, if I am to eat, you have to let me go,” Delenn said a moment later. She would have loved to stay right there, but she had duties.

“But I’m hungry too, just not for breakfast,” John complained, letting her go. She smelled so good. He was attracted to her with but a whiff of her perfume.

Delenn turned and gave him a look, “Maybe later.”

John smiled, “Okay. I guess I’ll get dressed and leave you alone.”

“Thank you,” Delenn said as she watched John disappear into their bedroom. If he hadn’t worn his robe this morning, she would have been late to work.

That afternoon, John kept his promise and picked up David from school. Delenn arrived home two hours later. She worked longer that day, since John was home and able to pick up David.

After she changed, they had dinner together and then returned to their quarters. They watched a vid and had popcorn. David loved the popcorn idea. He thought John was the best Dad in the universe.

“Time for bed, David,” John said.

“C’mon Daddy, just one more,” David begged.

“It’s 2100, and you still have to get your bath, now get marching,” John insisted firmly.

David looked to Delenn for help.

“Well, go ahead. You know your father is right,” Delenn said, shaking her head slightly at the boy.

“Okaaay,” David whined, but walked off to the bathroom. So much for best Dad. At least for a couple days.

“And now I have to get you ready for bed,” John said as he turned to Delenn, who was still next to him on the couch.

“How do you propose to do that?” Delenn asked. She already had an idea.

Not another word passed between them as they shared a kiss, and their hands began roaming each other’s bodies. John let his left hand fumble with the fastenings on her robe while his right held fast to a handful of hair. Delenn was working on John’s shirt with one hand and the bulge in his pants with the other.

John massaged his wife’s breasts through her under robes. She was doing the same to him through his T-Shirt. The clothing in the way frustrated both.

“We’re going to have to move this to the bedroom,” John breathed into Delenn’s ear.

“Not yet. I’m enjoying this,” Delenn said, finally having success with his zipper.

John arched his eyebrows and resumed the friendly petting they had begun. Who was he to tell her no? The only sounds that passed between them were quietly contented groans. This continued for ten minutes.

John attempted some minute gyrations as Delenn played with his hardness through the fabric of his boxers. She was really torturing him. John decided that could work both ways.

He brought his left hand down and was about to sneak it under her robe and get to some real skin. He planned to make sure it was torture for her. Then they both heard a door down the hall close.

Part 3

Then they both heard a door down the hall close.

Moments before…

“Well, bath is out of the way. Fifteen minutes, probably a world record,” David said as he pulled the plug and watched all of the water drain out. He rubbed himself down and put on the jammies he’d set on the counter before starting the water. Blue ships. His knew Daddy was once the captain of a space ship. He had Star Fury pajamas too.

“Now all I have to do is get Daddy for my story tonight. Unless him and Mommy are all mushy by now. Maybe not,” David said to himself.

The young boy returned to the living room. The lights were still up, but the vid player was off. David didn’t see his parents so much as hear them; the couch was obstructing his view.

Yep, they’re mushy. Oh well, David thought. He went back to his room and closed the door and then started filing through his books to see which one he might entertain himself with.

And Then…

“That was David,” John said, all his ministrations frozen.

“We should check on him,” Delenn suggested.

“I’ll go. It’s my turn, after all. But you don’t go anywhere, I’ll be back,” John said, leaning down for one more quick kiss. He readjusted his clothing and hair the best he could without benefit of a mirror or comb and walked down the hall to his son’s room.

He knocked on the door, “David?”

“Come in, Daddy,” the boy called back. John opened the door and saw David on his bed, a book in his lap.

“Don’t you want me to read to you?” John asked.

“Of course I do, but you and Mommy were doing yucky stuff, and I didn’t want to bother you, and I didn’t want to stand there forever, either,” David said.

“I’m sorry,” John said, feeling himself go a little red at his son’s description of events. Unnerved a bit, he ran his hand through his hair, “I can still read to you tonight, if you want.”

“Daddy, why do you and Mommy get that way?” David asked, even though he had caught his parents a few times before.

“Well, we just love each other so much, I guess we can’t help it,” John tried to explain.

“But, you don’t do that to me, neither one of you,” David rebutted, and began to wonder if he was a pain to have around.

“We have different ways of showing our love to you and to each other. Now, if you behave really well, your mother or I might kiss you to death, but you’re never that good,” John tried.

“Daddy!” David yelled, recognizing John’s teasing for what it was, “I’m always good.”

“Then c’mere,” John said, threatening a hold that made David backpedal to his headboard.

“No Dad, don’t kiss me!” David squealed.

“All right. How about if I just read to you?” John asked, glad he was back to a conversation that he could handle.

“In a minute, cuz I still got some questions,” David said.

“Have…you still Have questions, not got, son,” John corrected him, still trying to change the subject.

“Sorry. I have questions. Like, when should I do that to girls? Should I do that tomorrow with Professor Minorson? She’s human, so she’d understand, right?”

“No, I would wait till you’re about thirty to start kissing girls like that,” John said, laughing in the back of his mind.

“No way! That can’t be right. Do people wait that long when they are going to have a baby?” David asked.

So, he’s connected the kissing to babies. He’s going to really love me now. John thought, “I sure did.”

“What? How old were you when I was born?” David asked.

“I was forty-one, no, wait, forty-two. And if you think I’m lying on that, check with Mommy, tomorrow,” John said.

David just stared at his father. All that kissing had to wait for such a long time? He guessed that answered why his parents went at it so ferociously that they didn’t hear him playing in the bathtub, or draining the water. So his father lucked out in that the questions would end for the night.

“Okay,” David finally answered, “Read to me.”

“Which one do we have tonight?” John asked.

“This one,” David handed the book to him.

“Princess Bride,” John said aloud. He had read this to David twice before. This go round would be easier, as he wouldn’t have to explain the royalty concept again.

“Uh huh,” David nodded.

“Well, it’s a long book. How about half an hour every night?” John offered. David nodded. John started reading.

Delenn heard David’s playful screaming from down the hall, but made no move to interrupt. John needed some alone time with David. She needed alone time with John. So once David was asleep, she knew she’d get her chance at her husband.

For the moment, she had a cup of tea and looked over a report that had come in just before she left the office. It was from the Ranger station on Mars. Nothing very new, but it was important to her to keep up on what the Rangers’ current assignments were and if they needed anything, it would be in the report.

After she had gone through the important sections, she changed into a long silky nightgown for John to take off later. She was looking forward to continuing what they’d started on the couch.

As she sat in the bed, she had the report in her lap again, but her mind was in the past. She realized long ago that she might not have found a mate after her change. And she never expected to get pregnant, being a hybrid Human and Minbari. She used to fear that even if she did find a mate, her people would never accept her. Finally they had accepted her change.

She reflected that she was lucky John was in the right place at the right time, and all they had gone through was worth it. The wars, the emotional pain of Anna. Anything that might come down the road they would face together as well. If he ever had to leave her…she would think about it later. Not tonight.

Delenn heard John puttering about in the living room, ordering the lights out and doing something in the kitchenette. She wished he’d hurry up. She had a list of things to do with him waiting in her mind.

“You ready for me?” John asked teasingly as he entered the bedroom.

Delenn looked up, grinned, “I think the question should be: are you ready for Me?”

John laughed, “I almost fell asleep in there.”

“Oh?”

“Yea, well, after some pre-story questions, David got in my lap. He fell asleep before Buttercup got engaged to the prince. I almost ordered the lights out, I didn’t want to move.”

“I’m glad you did. I’ve had a long day, and we need to get down to business,” Delenn said with a smile. John turned and locked their bedroom door.

“What did you have in mind?” John asked.

“Strip,” Delenn ordered. John kicked off his shoes and then rid himself of socks. He was re unbuttoning his shirt when Delenn got out of bed.

“What’s the matter?” John asked.

“You are going way too fast,” Delenn admonished him gently, “And I was thinking.”

“What exactly were you thinking?” John asked, his voice husky. Delenn was in his arms; he was willing to listen to anything she had to say…as long as she kept it short. Something else was growing long.

“As I said, I’ve had a long day, hardly a chance to wind down. I think I should take a bath. Come,” Delenn led him to the huge bathroom that was situated just through another set of doors to their bedroom. Theirs was the only entrance to it.

The room had a bathtub built into the floor, so it really worked as tub, sauna, or spa. One had to step down to get into it. The water was always run fresh, however. When they were done, the water would run through the recycling plant, like any other bath water.

There was a long counter along the wall, ending with a sink and towel rack installed in the wall.

John finished undressing while Delenn ran the water. This time he gave her a couple of good thrusting moves, both before and after doffing his boxers. When the tub was full, he slid Delenn’s nightgown off, amidst generous kisses all over.

“Wait one second,” John said after she’d immersed herself in the water.

“What is it?” Delenn asked.

“No interruptions,” John said, locking the door to the bathroom, also.

David awoke briefly after his father left his bedroom. He was having a good dream, but thought he heard water running and splashing coming from the other side of his family’s quarters.

They would have to be very loud for me to hear that, David thought, Must have been somewhere in my dream. I want that dream back…now where did the six fingered man go?”

The young Sheridan fell asleep again, not to wake up till morning, unaware of his parents’ activities, blissfully ignorant.

The End