- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: None of the B5 characters belongs to me, and I have in no way harmed them during this writing.
John and Delenn had both sighed their way through dinner. Just about the only joy in their lives that day was David, who happily smashed carrots and sent them in his father’s direction throughout the meal. John was too preoccupied to notice. Delenn was too exhausted to care. David was having a great time overall.

David was two and a half now…plenty big enough to eat at the table. He was what Delenn called rambunctious and what John called normal. If he didn’t want to eat his vegetables, though he mostly did, he sometimes threw them. Tonight was apparently anti-carrot night.

“David, stop that,” John finally said, giving his son a weary smile.

“Why Daddy? Why? Why?” David asked incessantly.

“Because you’re supposed to eat them, not throw them at Daddy,” John calmly explained.

“I’m full,” David declared.

“Me too,” John agreed, though he hadn’t eaten much, “C’mon, I’ll take you to get cleaned up.”

“I’ll do it,” Delenn offered, coming out of her reverie.

“No, you stay and eat…I’ll do it,” John said, getting up and following David. He was going through the motions almost mechanically, although watching David make his way down the hall brought an amused smile to John’s face.

It was nine thirty at night. David had gone to bed after a story from Delenn and so far had stayed put. He always slept through the night, but for some reason, John expected a problem tonight. He was glad when he looked in on his son and found him sleeping soundly.

John turned on ISN and slumped on the couch. Delenn was at their little breakfast bar in the efficiency kitchen, looking at arguments from the Geelans, a protectorate of the Drazi, and thinking about how to propose a settlement between them and the Brecari. They had a dispute involving wages that only his wife could settle. Only, neither side would listen to her.

John had been arguing with the Narn and Drazi about the price of beans, literally. There was some sort of coffee made from it, and also a chocolate sort of bar. He could only negotiate for so long before he decided neither side would see reason. Tomorrow would be the day he put his feet up and let the two representatives talk themselves out. Then he’d present his plan.

“I’m going to bed,” Delenn sighed.

“I’m right behind you,” John said, clicking off the vid screen. Once inside their bedroom, John closed the door softly and wrapped his arms around Delenn from behind.

“What are you doing?” Delenn asked. John turned her to face him. She saw the love in his eyes, and nothing else had to be said. With the touch of a button, he adjusted the slanted bed to a decent degree for what they were about to do.

John stepped back and began to disrobe. Delenn did the same, shedding her robes and under dress as fast as possible. They looked at each other in mutual admiration. Both were in very good shape. John admired Delenn’s delicate physique as much as she admired his muscular one.

John stepped toward his wife and they kissed each other, their tongues entwined. Delenn’s hands roamed John’s back, hair, neck and ears. Anywhere she could reach to spend the energy coursing through her body. John had needed this all day. He held Delenn close, his hands massaging her shoulder blades.

John picked up Delenn and laid her on their bed. He started massaging her clit, and then stroked her lower and finding what he suspected…she was wet already. He continued to kiss her when his cock entered her pussy.

Both of them groaned with delight. John thrust himself in and out, focusing the energy that had been pent up all day and channeling it into their lovemaking. Delenn responded with energy of her own, arching her back and telling him how good he felt inside her.

John slowed down a little and nipped at her neck and shoulder.

“Continue,” Delenn breathed. She reinforced her desire by pushing him in again with her heels on his butt.

“With pleasure,” John responded with a grin as he continued pumping in and out of her. She urged him to go faster and faster, each request turning him on even more.

“Oh, Delenn,” John moaned as he climaxed inside her, “Oh baby. I love you so much.”

“And I love you,” Delenn said as John lay his head on her chest. Neither moved for a while as they basked in the experience.

Wordlessly, John moved down on the bed to give his wife the same satisfaction he’d just had. He started playing with her clit, and she responded, making him work to find it again. When he eyed her from his position on the bed, he could see her eyes were closed in bliss. One hand was helpfully on his head and the other was under hers.

“Hi Mommy, hi Daddy, whatcha doin’?” David’s voice came from the bedroom doorway. John looked up at his son, about ready to kill him. A look at Delenn showed mortification and nothing more.

“David,” John said calmly, “Go sit on the couch. I’ll be out there in a minute.”

“Kay,” David said, not moving.

“Now!” John said, and his son scurried away. John got up, put on a robe, and sat on the bed, staring at Delenn.

“I’ll go to him,” Delenn said.

“I’ll do it…he’s going to think I only live to yell at him,” John countered.

“No he won’t. Stay here, and I’ll put him back to bed,” Delenn said, having put on her robe as well.

“Well, let’s both go,” John compromised. He knew Delenn would be firm with the boy, but he wanted to be even firmer. Delenn nodded her head and they both went out to put their son back to bed.

David sat on the couch, waiting for his parents expectantly. He had brought his favorite bear from his bed.

“What are you doing up?” John asked quietly.

“Bad dream,” David answered, “What were you doing?”

“We were, um, getting ready for bed,” John said simply.

“That’s sure different than how I do it!” David giggled.

“David, you father and I are married. We do things differently than you do. Right now, you need to get your sleep. Let’s go,” Delenn took David’s hand and led him toward his room. John followed behind them.

“Next time you need us, knock first,” Delenn said in final admonishment.

“Kay,” David promised.

“Never open that door again,” John warned.

“Okay, Daddy,” David said. He rolled over to go to sleep, his nightmare forgotten in the excitement.

John and Delenn left his room, waving the light off as they went. They re-undressed themselves and climbed into bed again. This time, John locked the door.

“Now where was I?” John asked.

“John, I’m tired, really. I’d just like to sleep now,” Delenn said.

John put his hand on her forehead, “You sick? Or was I doing that bad a job?”

“I am not sick. And you were as perfect as always,” Delenn smiled at his humor, “I need to get to sleep now…we both will have a long day tomorrow.”

“All right,” John said, feeling the night had been a little one-sided. He waved the light off.

“I would like it,” Delenn started then changed her mind.

“What?” John asked.

“Just hold me while I sleep tonight,” Delenn said.

“That’s easily done,” John said, glad he could do something to make her happy. Delenn snuggled into her husband in the dark, “At least today, one thing got done right.”

Neither one knew if David got up again or tried the door. They were too busy sleeping. They even took an extra snooze on their alarms the next morning.

The End