- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: The characters belong to Warner Brothers and Shoot The Moon Productions. I’m just borrowing them for a little fun. No infringement intended.
Even after Amanda promoted Lee as the top U. S, agent, Alexi still closed their closet door, afraid to loosen them from their bondage. His parents’ lives were still in jeopardy.

Lee spoke quietly to Amanda, “Look, let’s try and loosen these ropes by chewing at the weak areas. You try then right side at the juncture and I’ll try the left.”

Amanda moved towards her designated area but hadn’t noticed Lee’s sudden movement from a muscle cramp. His action caused her to change direction and meet his lips in a light, sweet kiss. Electricity at their touch prevailed. Their eyes locked and Lee smiled. Amanda blushed under his scrutiny, but managed to offer a choice comment.

“Ricky Joe, I just might be wrong about you,”

Lee chuckled and they continued the task of getting the ropes untied. ‘This will definitely be a memory keeper,’ she thought.

AT AMANDA’S HOME

Amanda heard the doorbell ring and informed Dean that she would get it.

On her porch stood a huge black and white panda bear Lee had bought for Alexi. Amanda smiled and heard the Porsche fire up and disappear. She placed the bear out of harms way.

She volunteered Dean to take the boys to the movies alone because she had a “headache”. Truth be told, she just wasn’t in the mood for a weatherman.

Shortly after Dean’s car had left, Amanda heard a tapping on her kitchen window. She gestured for Lee to come in. She smiled at him sweetly. “Thank you for the big fella from another big fella.”

“It’s a remembrance from the ACM case and Alexi. You were a big help, Amanda and I wanted to thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” she nodded.

Lee took her hand, growing serious. “Amanda, about that kiss earlier today in the closet.”

Here we go….our favorite dodge….coming to life so early?

Her face grew sad, as of expecting the inevitable evasion to occur.

Lee caught her expression and whispered, “I really enjoyed it,” he reassured her.

“So did I, Lee,” she beamed.

“Listen, I’ve got to get going (to nowhere),” he announced anxiously. The room was suddenly growing very warm. “See you around.”

“I hope so,” she sighed. “Goodnight, Lee.”

Lee smiled to himself as he sauntered toward the Porsche. ‘She can really grow on you, if you let her,’ he thought.

The giant panda sat proudly in her bedroom, a constant reminder of a lonely boy who found a true friend and a tough agent who began to open his heart.

The End