- Text Size +
Sneak Attack

Amanda grabbed the sauce pan from the dish rack as she headed for the back door. Stepping carefully over one play toy after another, she stealthily looked for the source of the noise.

There she saw a figure crouching by the family room door. Bringing down the pan with all her might, she heard the person call out, "Amanda, stop, it's me!" just as she made contact.

"Lee, you nearly scared me to death! What are you doing back here? Come inside and let me get you some ice. I'm sure you'll have quite a head ache in the morning. Maybe that'll teach you not to surprise me anymore!"