- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Instructions: You must use all the words somewhere in your story. You can use them in any order - you may even use them more than once. But you MUST use them all AT LEAST ONCE. Don't forget your submission can be any length - from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This takes place in season three. Lee and Amanda are engaged and the family knows they are dating. I guess it would be A/U since this didn't happen in the show.
Lee re-injured his knee during his last case and finally had to have the damn thing operated on. The NEST surgeon ordered him off his leg for the next six weeks and then on desk duty for the next five months.

At least this time he wasn't alone. Amanda agreed to slip into her Bedside Bluebell persona and play nursemaid to him. Surprisingly enough, it was Dotty who convinced Lee to move into their home until he was back on his feet. At least the boys had some neat toys to play with. Like the remote control car he was currently shooting all over the living room.He steered it behind the couch and lost sight of it. He could hear the whirr of the small motor so he knew it was still running. Flipping the levers on the control pad, he turned the car around and steered it back towards him.

"Lee!" Dotty called. "You startled me with that thing!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Dotty. I didn't hear you come in."

"Oh, that's all right. Here, I brought you an ice pack for your knee." Very gently, she rested the cold pack on top of his knee. "Does it ache, much?"

"Thanks, that feels good. No, it doesn't hurt. It's just a little uncomfortable."

"Dinner'll be ready soon."

"It sure smells good." His stomach rumbled it's agreement.

"Amanda is making her famous spaghetti and meat sauce. Come on, I'll give you a hand getting settled in the dining room."

Dotty held his crutches steady and he hefted himself off the couch. He hated these things but he couldn't get around without them. At least, his doctor said he could walk on his own two feet now and he didn't have to hop everywhere.

The five of them sat down to eat. Plates were passed around and conversations ranged from the latest school assignments, and how much homework the boys had, to looking forward to the weekend to what they were going to watch on television, to as much of the office gossip Amanda could share in front of the family. It was a happy, noisy affair and Lee loved every minute of it.

Hopefully, one day soon, this would be an everyday occurrence for him.

End