- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Scarecrow and Mrs. King is the property of Warner Bros and Shoot the Moon Productions. This story is in answer to a challenge and for entertainment purposes only.
A weary Lee walked into his bedroom. He started to throw his suit jacket onto the bed, then decided against it. "Amanda's influence strikes again," Lee thought out loud. Looking into the mirror, Lee began to work on the knot of his favorite tie. It was a recent gift from Dotty and the boys. When he saw that the tie was stained, he grumbled and whipped it loose from his neck in order to examine it. He could never deny Amanda the opportunity of reaching across the table to share a forkful of her delicious lunch. It was one of the only ways she could provide a public display of affection for him. But he was so enamored with his wife's eyes, he wasn't paying attention to a spill. Now here it was hours later, and the SAUCE was encrusted on his tie. He tried to remember, 'Was it ICE that removed stains that had crusted? . . .No, that was for stains from sticky substances.'

Realizing he was crying over spilled milk, Lee opened his closet to utilize the new TOY that Amanda had bought him in her effort to keep him organized. He flipped a switch and the motorized tie rack came to a halt where some hooks were empty. Amanda had suggested he put the soiled ties here and she would know immediately upon looking, which ones to take to the cleaners.

Lee moved to the dresser where he removed some clothes to change into. His selections included comfortable attire should he ACHE after finishing the basketball game he agreed to PLAY with the boys tonight.

The End