- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Setting: I guess it would be the beginning of season 3, right before We're
Off To See The Wizard.

The usual disclaimers apply.
Assumptions

Lee raced through the bull pen towards the conference room. He was late,
again, for Billy's staff meeting and knew he was going to get an earful about it
from his section chief.

He stopped just outside the door and took a deep breath, pulling himself
together before he entered. He could hear the voices of his colleagues laughing
just on the other side of the door.

The booming voice of Billy came through loud and clear as he addressed
Amanda. "Do you know where Scarecrow is?"

"Sir," she answered, "he had to bring some files down to Cryptology and he
should be here any minute."

"You may as well start the meeting, Billy. If I know Scarecrow, he stopped
by the Steno Pool. He's going to be there a while."

Lee couldn't be sure who it was that made that comment, but if he'd had to
guess, he'd say it was Nelson. And he was dead wrong. Lee hadn't stopped in the
steno pool for a while now.

Opening the door, he slid in to the room, and hoping to go unnoticed, crept
along the wall to the only available seat.

He'd nearly made it. Just as he was about to pull the chair out and sit,
Duffy snickered, "Glad you could tear yourself away from the ladies and join
us."

He remained standing to defend himself. "Can it, Frank, or else I'm going to
tell Fitz you think he's a lady."

"Oh, come on Scarecrow," Paul commented. "You can't tell us you didn't check
out the new girl, what's her name, Shirley, Sammy, no Cheryl. I hear she's a
real knock out."

Damn his reputation. He was getting tired of all assumptions made about his
playboy lifestyle. Truth be told, he no longer wanted to live that way. "I
have no idea who you're talking about."

"Yeah, right. Okay, if you want to keep it to yourself, that's all right.
I'm sure we'll hear all about it after you take her out."

"All right, people settle down," Billy commanded and the chatter died.

Lee pulled out the chair and started to sit.

“Hey, Romeo, you forgot to zip your fly.” Duffy stated and once again the
chatter began.

Lee looked at Amanda. She was busy fixing the pleats on her skirt and
refused to look at him. He didn't care, he continued to look at his partner and
explained about making a quick stop in the men's room before coming into the
meeting.

Her eyes finally met his and he could see that she believed him. He zipped
his pants, smiled at her and took his seat.

End