- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Cheryl for allowing me to continue with her story "Did You Ever Have One Of Those Days?"
Rita and her sister Edna were sitting across the table from Dotty. They had
been invited over for luncheon, and Rita couldn't wait to tell Dotty all she
knew about Amanda's new husband.

She took a sip of her tea, and gently set the cup down in it's saucer. "Oh,
Dotty, you must be so proud of Amanda. I've seen her new husband and I can
say she did a fine job hooking a man like that. She is one lucky lady."

Dotty beamed at her guests. "Oh, my, yes, Lee is a wonderful man and we are
all lucky to have him. It's wonderful to have a man around the house to do
all those little things like reaching the high shelves. He's great with the
boys, too. Taking them out, doing 'guy' things. Why just the other day, he took
Phillip for his learners permit, and gave him his first driving lesson. And
best of all, he treats Amanda like a princess. You can see how much he loves
her just by looking at him looking at her. Of course, Amanda feels the same
way. I can honestly say, I've never seen her happier."

"Oh, trust me, Dotty," Rita gloated, "it's more then feelings making your
daughter happy. That man is hung like a horse. I'm amazed Amanda can walk. If I
had that in my bed, you can bet I wouldn't let him out again for a very,
very long time." Rita nudged her sister and winked at Dotty.

Dotty's face turned red. "Well, I'm sure he's . . . I mean . . . I guess he
makes my daughter happy in that department. I've never really given it much
thought."

"No, Dotty, you don't understand," Edna finally spoke. "Rita, knows what
she's talking about. She saw him with her own eyes. Right there on your front
lawn."

Dotty looked back and forth between Edna and her sister. They could see the
wheels turning in Dotty's mind as she thought about what they were telling
her, and the exact moment when she reached the only conclusion she could.

“What do you mean, you saw him naked?” Dotty exclaimed.

Rita grinned and nodded her head.

"How did you see him naked?"

"Well, you see," Edna began.

"It's my story and I'd appreciate it if you'd let me tell it." Rita
admonished her sister. She turned to Dotty and began, "Well, one morning last week, I
was bird watching from the window in Edna's living room and I saw your
son-in-law, tip-toeing down the lawn for the morning paper wearing nothing but a
skimpy towel.

Evidently, he must have locked himself out of the house and I watched his
vain attempts to get back inside.The poor boy wasn't having any luck. Then that
pesky St. Bernard from next door wandered into your yard and decided to play
tug-of-war with Lee. The dog won and raced off with his towel."

"And that's when you saw him naked?" Dotty queried.

"Oh, no dear. I didn't get an eyeful until the poor dear fell off the
trellis. I hope he didn't hurt anything vital." She winked, and smiled to herself.
That was enough of the story for Dotty. There was no way she was going to
share everything she saw that day.

End.