- Text Size +
The Revelation

"Yes, I did," Lee stated matter of factly as he shook his head.

"What did you say?" Amanda asked.

"You heard me," he said somewhat embarrassed. "Now, can we change
the subject?"

"I don't think so," she said smiling. "Now, what do you mean you
saw him naked?"

Lee blushed and started to get up from the couch. "Amanda!"

She dissolved into a fit of giggles. Between fits of laughter she
managed to say, "You can't say something like that and then not
elaborate. You have to tell me more!"

Her laughter caused him to chuckle as well. "Well, it was not one
of my prouder moments. We had been on a stake out all night and,
well, things began to happen toward dawn. The guy we were looking
for showed up but he spotted us and started running. I took off
after him and tackled him and we rolled into a muddy pit. I was
covered with mud from head to toe."

"But you got `em."

He smiled at her comment. "Anyway, my partner and I returned to the
Agency to deliver the bad guy. Billy took one look at me and told
me to get cleaned up before stepping foot into the debriefing room.
Luckily, I kept a change of clothes at my desk so I headed for the
Agency gym. Once I got inside, I heard this terrible caterwauling.
Man, I thought something was dying."

He had Amanda's attention now so he continued. "I couldn't tell
where it was coming from so I headed into the locker room and the
noise got louder. I figured it was some kind of animal until I got
closer and could make out a noise like singing."

"Singing?"

"Yeah, or something like that. I stripped down, gathered my shaving
kit, and headed to the showers and that's when I saw him."

"What did you do?"

"Well, for a moment I just stood there. I couldn't believe my
eyes. There is all his butt-naked glory was Dr. Smyth, singing at
the top of his lungs."

Once again Amanda rolled on the couch laughing. As she wiped the
tears from her eyes, she managed to ask, "What happened next?"

"I guess I must have dropped my kit because suddenly he turned
around." Lee could only shudder at the memory. "If you think
seeing his pasty, wrinkled old ass wasn't enough, it was nothing
compared to when he turned around. Ewwww!"

Amanda couldn't help but laugh. "What happened next?"

Lee shook his head in disgust at the terrible memory. "I turned and
ran. I went to the nearest restroom and cleaned up as best I could
and finished my debriefing. Billy didn't ask but he could tell I
was rattled. After the debriefing, he asked me what had happened."

"What did you tell him?"

"I couldn't tell him anything. It was too embarrassing. After
studying me a few minutes, Billy finally asked me if I heard any
strange noises coming from the locker room. My head whipped around
and I could only stare at him. From my reaction he knew and
motioned me into his office. `Here,' he said, `is a business card
for the nearest gym. Smyth doesn't have a membership there!'"

The end