- Text Size +
Dotty hustled in the back door. Her arms full of grocery bags. "Amanda, you
are never going to believe what just happened to me?"

"Oh, my gosh, Mother, are you all right?" Amanda rushed over to her mother,
took the bags from her arms and placed them on the counter before giving her
mother the once over. Checking for any signs of injury.

"Oh, darling, I'm fine. But you'll never guess what happened. You know I was
walking home from the store and Mrs. Johnson was standing outside on her
lawn. I stopped to ask her how her husband's surgery went and you'll never
guess, not in a million years. So, I guess, I'll just tell you. She was standing
out there in her birthday suit, for all the world to see. I couldn't believe
it. I just turned my head and came straight home."

"Mother, what do you mean you saw her naked?"

"I mean, she was standing on her lawn without any clothes on. Let me tell
you, that girl should do more exercise and lay off the sweets."

"Gee, I hope she put on some sunscreen. Come on mother, I'll help you put
the groceries away."

End