- Text Size +
The sounds of Irish music drifted out the front door of Randy's as a couple exited. Lee held the door open for Amanda to enter. The aroma of corned beef and cabbage filled the air the moment she stepped inside. Not one of her favorite meals. Especially when it seemed they'd cooked massive quantities of it.

Garlands of shamrocks hung all over the bar and from the ceiling. A pot of gold sat on the end of the bar. Pitchers filled with green beer lined the other end. Even the water had been tinted green. Instead of the traditional peanuts and pretzels in bowls, Lucky Charms cereal took their place.

St. Patrick's Day partiers filled the bar. Some had their faces painted green. Others sported large hats with shamrocks on them, while others had `Kiss Me I'm Irish' pins on. Those that weren't wearing green were being pinched by anyone passing by.

"I'm glad you gave me this to wear this morning." Lee rubbed the small shamrock pin she'd given him that morning. "I'd forgotten what day it was, but I didn't mind the pinch you gave me."

"That's because I pinched your . . ."

"Please, help." Francine rushed up to them and hid behind Lee.

"What's the matter?" Amanda asked to the agent cowering behind her husband.

"Beaman. He keeps trying to pinch me but I told him I'm wearing green. Then he said he wanted to kiss me because I had green on. I told him that's not how the tradition goes. He won't leave me alone. I don't know what to do. Please help me."

At that very moment a group of people dressed as leprechauns entered. "Why don't you go mingle with them? I doubt he'll find you there." Lee said as he pointed to the boisterous partiers and placed his hand on Francine's back. "And put one of these on." He handed her a shamrock hat. "He'll never recognize you."

She looked at the hat with disgust. "You're right no one would think to look for me wearing something this crude. Thanks."

"That wasn't nice?" Amanda sat down on an empty bar stool.

"What?" Lee sat down next to her.

"You put one of these on her." She picked up a `Kiss Me I'm Irish' sticker.

"Now would I do something like that?" He poured a glass of green beer and handed it to her with a smile.

"Hey. Either of you seen Francine?" Beaman grabbed a handful of Lucky Charms and stuffed them in his mouth.

"Isn't that her over there in the green hat?" Lee pointed to Francine who had her back to them.

"I think you're right. And she has a kiss me button on." He rubbed his hands together. "She's all mine. Thanks." He reached into the pot of gold and tossed a coin to Lee.

"That's not real is it?" Amanda eyed the gold medallion.

"It's candy." He handed her the coin.

She opened it and took a bite. Chocolate. Delicious. She took a sip of beer. "I wish we had a camera."

"It just so happens I do." He pulled a small camera out of his pocket.

"You know she's going to get even with you?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way. Come on. I want to get a good angle."

Amanda took her glass of beer and followed her husband. She didn't want to miss this for the world.

The End