- Text Size +
Lee peeked at the dashboard clock and pounded his fists on the steering wheel. Damn that Auggie for making him late. The next time he met up with his would-be good buddy, he would punch him right in the nose.

Auggie had him racing all over town, on some sort of make-shift scavenger hunt, gathering clues to a potential hostage situation at next week's NATO conference.

He wouldn't have minded the mad dashes around town if he'd gotten some solid intel, but every damned clue turned out to be a false lead. Or if he'd had his partner with him, but Amanda had training classes all day that she couldn't miss.

He missed her.

And he'd kept her waiting at the bar in Randy's for a half hour already. Oh, he knew she didn't mind waiting for him. Heck it seemed one of them was always waiting for the other. But, today of all day's he wanted to be there before her.

He could just picture her sitting on a stool near the door. The bar would be packed--after all, everyone was Irish on St. Patrick's Day. She'd be her usual charming self and the men would be all over her.

Really, he couldn't blame them. Amanda was spectacular. Beautiful, smart, sexy . . .

Lee blew through the red light, narrowly missing hitting another car and sped down the street.

End