- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Okay gang...you all know the drill so repeat after me—I don't own them but I would be a very happy camper if I did. I haven't had any ideas for the challenges lately but this idea came to me in the midst of my end of the month paperwork rush so I actually listened to that little voice and wrote it down. Thanks to Julie T who convinced me to post this because I wasn't sure if it was worth sharing and got it spiffed up.
Staring at the space around me, I marvel at how much my life has changed because of this one little room. When I first entered this place, I felt like Billy had sentenced me to a fate worse than death. I think I may have even threatened to use a cyanide capsule if he forced me to work here.

But as time went on, this office became a refuge. In a world of secrets, this was the place that had always kept ours safe from prying eyes, well almost always! It was the space that allowed my relationship with Amanda to grow from a reluctant partnership to an unwavering friendship to a love that still takes my breath away. It was within the confines of these four walls that I finally found the courage to shut out the world and just kiss the girl.

Within this room, Amanda managed to juggle the demands of her family life, the workload of agency training, and somehow still follow me into any situation no matter how many times I might have told her to stay in the car.

It was here in this very place that I prayed Amanda would not give up at the hands of a mad man and vowed to do whatever it took to get her back. And once I had her back, I made sure that she would be mine forever by placing that small blue box on her desk.

Throughout our mystery marriage, these four walls have allowed us time alone to be man and wife away from the demands of our family and the fate of our nation. It was within these walls that we agonized over how to be together as a family and still ensure that everyone could be safe.

Looking around me now, I realize that The Q Bureau helped to shape my life in ways I could have never imagined when I begged Billy to give it to anyone besides me. As I grabbed the last of my belongings and headed out of The Q Bureau one last time, I said a silent thank you for the life it has given me. I can only hope that the Section Chief office holds as much promise for us. Now this space will have new occupants whose secrets it will keep, but I doubt theirs will ever hold a candle to what Amanda and I share.