- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimers: Scarecrow and Mrs. King belong Warner Brothers and Shoot the
Moon Production Company. I'm only borrowing them for a bit. I promise to put
them back when I am done.

Time Line: Umm beginning of season 3.
Lee sat at his desk, a square of parchment rested in the center. He'd been invited to the attend the State Dinner at the white house. A pat on the back from his Commander-In Chief for a job well done. He had a problem though. He couldn't attend the dinner stag, he needed an escort.

He thumbed through his mental rolodex searching for just the right woman. No one seemed to fit the bill.

"Good Morning, Lee."

Amanda's cheery voice called out to him. He watched her move around the Q-bureau. Graceful as a ballerina, she placed some fresh flowers in the vase on her desk. "Good morning, Amanda."

"What have you got there?" She stood in front of his desk and gestured at the envelope.

"Oh, this is nothing. So, what are you doing Friday night?"

"I don't have anything scheduled."

"Would you like to accompany me to the State Dinner at the White House?"

Her jaw dropped open. "Oh my gosh!"

"So, is that a yes?" He smiled when she simply nodded her head, and laughed as she picked up her purse and headed back out of the office. He'd finally made Amanda speechless.

She finally found her voice. "I'm taking the day off. I need to find something to wear." She closed the door behind her with a soft click.

End