- Text Size +
Lee walked up to the table with two steaming cups of coffee.

"The bagels are on their way" The man waiter announced from behind the counter.

Thanks they both said at the same time. It had been the first thing they had both said since leaving the office. There was an uncomfortable silence between them which they filled with drinking coffee until the bagels arrived.

"I ordered it the way you like it." Lee smiled.

"I missed you" Amanda said before she could stop herself. Lee tried not to show the sudden feeling of excitement in hearing those words.

Amanda blushed and quickly recovered her sudden weakness "You know it has been so hard being just a house wife for one week. Before I met you I had such a busy normal life. Now I have a busy life and everything is amazing, exciting, dangerous and life changing. You never know what is going to be thrown at you. This life is so addictive, it makes you use your brain in ways you never thought possible. I do things that I never imagined even when reading books, oh and I can't even read fiction any more because it is too dull, I read non-fiction now."

Lee shook his head and started to laugh. "what?" Amanda said as she started to laugh as well.

"You amaze me." Lee could not help himself he had missed Amanda King, she had the knack of annoying the hell out of him but she also knew how to make him laugh and how to get him to open up. she amazed him, she is intriguing and she is just so totally nuts in a good way. "I don't think there is anyone in the world quite like you."

Amanda blushed again and took a sip of her coffee. "I think I'll take that as a compliment."

They both relaxed "your bagel is getting cold." Amanda looked down at her salmon and cream cheese bagel, eating was the last thing she wanted to do, talking to Lee seemed so much more important. Then again he had bought it for her so she grabbed it with both hands and began to eat.

"You were probably wondering what I was doing last week."

Amanda shook her head not really able to speak.

"I was doing computer training intermediate stuff, I was curious about all these amazing things I saw you getting up to on the computer so asked for the training. I have also set up an advanced course for us both to go on. This kind of training is not just general computers, you get to learn about detecting hackers and how to hack. Do you think you are up for the challenge?"

She polished off her bagel before answering. "Wow, urm sure sounds like fun to me and this means I won't be on my own this time."

"Nope."

Amanda drank the last of her coffee, Lee was watching her and seemed content. It had been a while since she had seen him completely relaxed like that.

"I am certainly up for it. Now your turn, eat up otherwise I will have to get all motherly on you."

"Okay." Lee at his bagel and finished off his coffee.

"Lets get back to the Office before people start to get suspicious". Lee said

"suspicious?"

"Not in that way." I was just meaning they might be worried we are gone a long time.

"Ohhh..."

The End

(Ten little letters: “I missed you”; “You amaze me”; “Suspicious” (smiles).)