- Text Size +
Three ten letter phrases: Providence, Call me a Cab and Lee Stetson

Amanda was running very fast trying not to get caught she had lost sight of Lee when she turned a corner there were two of them in pursuit of her and trying to get disc she had acquired while doing computer training. She was doing advanced training in computing
organized by Lee when she had stumbled across someone who was hacking into the training system from the outside. She had managed to identify them and get her teacher to download the impostor’s details onto a 4inch floppy. She was meeting with Lee to let him know when they heard a shot come from the computer room. Lee pushed Amanda
through the door and followed behind her. It was in the warren of the training centre’s halls that she had lost him.

Amanda escaped from the men and managed to find Lee’s car and let herself in she opened the glove compartment and took out her small gun which she three into her bag, then she grabbed the spare disc on the back seat and had an idea. She took out her disc and put it under the car seat and got the disc with all her homework on it and put it into her bag. She made sure that there was nothing of real importance in her bag then got out of the car and ran back the way she had come.

It did not take long for one of the men to find her he snatched her bag off her and pulled along with him “Okay you are coming with me” Amanda acted like she was scared tried to grab her bag back.

Lee followed close behind watching where the man was taking her. “What have you got yourself into this time” Lee whispered to himself.

“Where is Lee Stetson?” He asked her.

“Out of your League” She commented.

They were back at the main computer room where the other man stood waiting.

“I think you have something I want Amanda King”

Amanda looked at her bag nervously that made the men look at it. Getting the hint he grabbed the bag off assistant and started to look through it.

“All I have is my assignment I was learning to write MS Dos and that is the disc teaching me how to do it. The teacher was in the middle of doing something strange with his computer when he gave me it to me.”

The man was about to put the disc in the computer when his assistant was pushed forward from behind. Lee jumped over the fallen man and floored the second man. The disc was folded in half as the man landed on it.

While Lee was distracted the other man started to get up Amanda first looked around the room to see if there was anything she could use to protect herself. The computers were very expensive and maybe not a good idea to use them as weapons instead she grabbed a chair and ran at the man pushing him over with sheer force the man fell to the floor again landing heavily on his back and winding himself. Amanda grabbed her bag and pulled out the small pearl handled gun “it is better you stay sitting”. She told him

Lee had landed the last punch on the other man who fell to the floor out cold.

Amanda looked over at Lee and smiled.

“Amanda you caught yourself a few hackers. Not bad for your first ever class.

Amanda looked confused at the men on the floor they were rather bruised but had smiles on their faces. The Teacher stood up and brushed off his clothing and shook his head. “Lee when you said she was good I had no idea.”

Amanda blushed. “Oh come on you can’t tell me this whole thing was a set up right from the start.” Amanda put her gun into her bag and stared at them in disbelief

“She has the workings of the divine providence behind her or some incredible intuition.” The teacher said.

Amanda smiled “I think it is not Providence but Lee Stetson who is behind me.” Amanda picked the disc off the floor it had sprung back into its original shape.

The teacher took it out of her hand and put it into the computer put in the command to show the contents of the disc. He frowned when he saw what was on it. “Where is the disc I gave you.”

“Well it’s in Lee’s car sir”

“You're good... Okay I think that is all for today we can finish off your training tomorrow.”

“Thanks sir”

Amanda and Lee left the computer room and went back to the car. Amanda was about to open the car door when she realized something that would annoy Lee greatly.

She did not have time to comment Lee had already noticed and turned to Amanda and started to speak “Aman….

“Lee Stetson remember you are my Providence, ten letters that describe my true guardian. Lee Stetson my Providence”

“Well here are ten letter for you since you locked my car keys in the car, Call Me a Cab”

“You’re a Cab, a cute cab when you’re angry but non the less a Cab.”

“You know just after our first case together you were on your way home with your groceries I drove by you in that yellow cab that I was going to use in my next case and you fell over and laughed the most wonderfully cute laugh I had ever seen. I could not help but smile back and you managed to talk me into giving you a lift to your house.”

“Yes I do I think that was the moment I felt that we could work together we could be partners."

“What you saying you decided we could be partners."

"Maybe"

"We should get a cab and go back to the hotel. We can discuss this further over Dinner it is on me.” He offered her his hand and she took it.