- Text Size +
I look back over the lives of my sons and thing of all the changing. Well, first I changed my last name from West to King. Then the boys were born, then their father left us for his job. I was doing okay as a housewife/single mom.

Now, Phillip's voice is changing. He is so tall, and looks very much like his father. Also, his voice is cracking a bit. He'll have his dad's baritone, I think. He is entering junior high school so much sooner than I care to think about.

Jamie's only 2 years behind his brother. He looks like Mother, when she was young. If I can afford it, I will be putting him into contact lenses this year, as he asked. He's going to be a stunner, even in fifth grade.

I've got a job and fallen in love, in the space of 3 years. I didn't expect love. Particularly not with this man, this agent, my gorgeous man.

Once more, my last name is changing. It has to be secret for a while. In my heart and mind, it is already Stetson. The man I love is Lee Stetson, and the boys know it. I think they want us to be married, since I can't tell them, or Mother.

One thing is sure, as I watch my love for Phillip, Jamie, and Lee grow, the only changing it will do is to increase.

The End

Ten Letters words: Lee Stetson and My Last Name