Word Challenge: Silk, Kiss, Pulse, Ribbon, Curls by Friday Challenge
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 3808 Read: 82833 Published: 10/07/08 Updated: 10/07/08
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This week we're asking you to write a story which will include the words: SILK, KISS, PULSE, RIBBON, CURLS and, to add to the challenge, let’s have our stories take place during the THIRD SEASON.

Instructions: You must use all the words somewhere in your story, and use the theme/scenario AS WELL. You can use the words in any order - you may even use them more than once. But you MUST use them all AT LEAST ONCE. Additionally, each word must be CAPITALIZED, to stand out, and must also be used exactly as noted in the Challenge. Please no changing tenses, adding prefixes or suffixes or pluralizations.

Don't forget your submission can be any length - from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.

1. A Matched Pair - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge

2. Chapter 2 - Sue by Friday Challenge

3. Interruptions - Anne by Friday Challenge

4. Dream Come True - Monica by Friday Challenge

5. Chapter 5 - Patti by Friday Challenge

6. Chapter 6 - Sue by Friday Challenge

7. Chapter 7 - Sue by Friday Challenge

8. Chapter 8 - Sue by Friday Challenge

9. Dot Matrix - Julie T by Friday Challenge

10. Thank You So Much - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge

A Matched Pair - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
*takes place between `Utopia Now' and `Reach for the Sky'. This is my very first story that isn't post-season so please be kind. All standard disclaimers apply*
A Matched Pair

Amanda adjusted the SILK RIBBON on her crook and looked at herself in
the mirror. The pastel pink dress fell to just above her knees and
under that she wore a pair of white pantaloons. A white mop-hat sat on
top of her head-tendrils of dark CURLS fell to her shoulders and
peeked out from beneath the gathered elastic, framing Amanda's face.
But perhaps the silliest part of the whole ensemble was the
patent-leather shoes and ruffled ankle-socks. The only plus to this
whole situation was that mother and the boys had gone to Williamsburg
for the weekend. They didn't have to see her like this. Even better,
Amanda didn't have to come up with an explanation for why she was
going to a costume party in November.

There was a sound outside. Peering out the front window, Amanda
watched as Lee's car pulled into the driveway. She'd been surprised
when he'd called her up to invite her to this party- ever since that
night in the swamp it almost seemed like Lee had been trying to avoid
her. Amanda's hand brushed unconsciously over her lips as she thought
about that night-just thinking about that almost-KISS caused her PULSE
to quicken slightly.

Stop it, Amanda, she told herself sternly. This party is just
business, not a date.

The doorbell rang.

"Amanda are you ready?" Lee's muffled voice came from the other side
of the door.

"Almost," Amanda said. "You can come in and wait-I'll only be a
minute." There was silence. "Lee it's okay-mother and the boys are
in Williamsburg, remember? "

"I don't want you to see me like this," Lee said.

"That's ridiculous. If I'm going out with you I have to see you at
some point."

"You want to talk about what's ridiculous you should look at this
costume. We should've never let Francine pick these out-I don't know
what she was thinking but she's paying for this one."

"My costume isn't any better, " Amanda said. "Lee please just open
the door and come in. Please?"

"You asked for it," Lee said. "And no laughing."

"No laughing I promise," Amanda said. But when the door opened she
had to put her hand over her mouth to stifle the giggles that were
erupting.

"Oh my gosh," she said. When Francine had told Amanda that the
costumes were part of a matching pair she'd expected Lee to be dressed
as a shepherd or something but this-

"A-man-da you promised," Lee said.

"Sorry." With some difficulty Amanda managed to compose herself. She
grabbed her purse and a medium-weight jacket. "I'm ready, let's go."

"Stay close to me tonight, okay?" Lee said. "This is supposed to be a
routine drop, but you never know what might happen at these things."

"Oh I'll definitely be close," Amanda said, opening the door and
making sure it was locked behind them. Together they stepped out into
the chilly November night. "After all I don't want to lose my sheep,
do I?"

"Very funny."

The End
Chapter 2 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Lee peeked into the window of Amanda's kitchen. She stood by the sink washing the last of the supper dishes. He tapped on the window. She shut the water off and joined him on the patio.

He took her hand, placing a KISS first on the back, and on the pounding PULSE in her wrist. He took her in his arms and caressed her shoulders. Her skin always felt like the finest SILK.

He tugged on the RIBBON holding her CURLS in place tumbling them over his fingers.

"Come inside?"

"Your family?"

"Out."

“Good.” He smiled and followed her inside.
Interruptions - Anne by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
The Challenge: Write a story that includes the words: SILK, KISS, PULSE, RIBBON, CURLS and, to add to the challenge, the story takes place during the THIRD SEASON. This story takes place during All The World’s A Stage. A very short story.

Usual disclaimers apply. Don’t own them; don’t make money off of them. Thanks to Jennifer for beta reading.
Interruptions

Amanda King sat at her partner’s desk typing up the report that was due on Billy’s desk in less then a half an hour. She had to stop to replace the typewriter RIBBON. Opening the drawers to search for the replacement ribbon she let her mind wonder, contemplating the events that had unfolded the last few months between her and Lee.

If anything, Lee Stetson was a walking contradiction. Amanda was confused about this complex puzzle of a man. A date to the opera, roses in the Q-Bureau, dinner at his apartment with no ‘shop talk’, a near KISS in the swamp, only to be followed by the ‘just two people seeking a little warmth’ speech. Yes, a walking contraction was right.

They both seemed to be seeking more then just friendship, but what she was not sure.

She wondered what it would be like to feel his warm embrace, to kiss him, to feel his fingers running through her CURLS, to breath in the smell of his aftershave, the feel on her arms wrapped around his neck, running her hands through his hair. She had no doubt that his hair would feel like SILK.

Just the thought of those things made her PULSE quicken.

Were they ever going to get this right? She wondered. Whether it was Peter Sacker‘s men firing at them, mother and the boys coming home too soon or Francine walking in on them; except for that sweet little peck at the backdoor a couple of weeks ago they never seemed to be able to catch a break.

Yes, she and Lee had a lot to talk about. She was tired of the interruptions and if he did not do something soon she had made up her mind that she would.

End
Dream Come True - Monica by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own them and this is only for fun

My story take place after: "The Eyes Have It"
The five days when she had to take care of him were the best time they
had together.

Amanda loved, yes loved to spend time with Lee, and for his part Lee
Stetson behave in a way that would made all the hospital staff
wondering if it was or not the same Scarecrow who wasn't a role model
patient.

He seemed to obey her orders without second thoughts from breakfast till
dinner, making through naps and medicine time a vacation period.

The evenings passed on the couch watching movies and eating popcorn or
discussing the boys’ antics and her mother latest conquests brought
them closer and closer. To the point that in the last evening before
she left for home to feel comfortable enough to kiss him gently on the
lips.

That was the night before and her lips tingled all the way home and
the dawn came too soon and woke her from some marvelous and steamy
dreams.

Those dreams weren't a novelty but the feel of his lips send her mind
in overdrive.

Leaving the boys at school Amanda's errands took her at the mall and
there in a window she saw it; the perfect nightgown. It wasn't the
style or material; is was the color.

The same warm grey with shimmering silver strips, exactly like Lee's
pillow case, the same where she force him to rest his head.

Amanda went inside decided to buy it, it didn't matter it was SILK and
expensive, she wanted it, something to somehow tie her to Lee and his
bedroom.

Evening came fast and her mother give up to the boys demands and
took them to the movie and pizza, Amanda didn't want to go, she wanted
to try her new acquisition, she wanted to fell the silk on her skin and
imagine that were Lee's hands.

Tonight in the silence of her house Amanda King wanted to feel like
one of the other women, the ones who could stop Lee's eyes on them.

Childish? Maybe, but more then that a primordial urge to like and
seduce even if only in a daydream.

After a relaxing bubble bath Amanda slid the silk gown over her head
and then the matching robe, by mistake the salesgirl gave her two
sashes or this was the model, Amanda didn't know but right now it
worked like a charm. She would use one as RIBBON to keep her CURLS
together.

It was time for a cup of tea so, she went down, descending the stairs
like a princess, giggling all the way to the kitchen, the silky
material moving enchantingly and sensually, almost kissing her body.

Walking into the kitchen Amanda had the time to put the teapot on fire
before hearing the light tapping on her window.

She didn't expect him tonight, he said he had things to do and Amanda
was sure it was one or other new entry in his black books.

Taken by surprise she forgot what she was wearing and waved him in. Lee
walk almost in trance never taking his eyes from her, she was like an
angel, and in that moment Lee knew she was the one for him, that all
his questions have one answer and this was Amanda!

"Amanda!"

Her name, not the name itself, but the way he said it, was full of
desire. Amanda had never heard Lee's voice sound like that and the shiver
passing through her body was delicious.

His left hand brushed against her cheek, tracing her jaw and pull one
end of the RIBBON in her hair, taking it off and getting lost in her
CURLS, waiting patient for the second to join.

"SILK pure SILK!" his voice more breath then sound, vibrate near her
lips and the sweet KISS that follow it stopped her heart for a
second. It was a curious sensation how could her heart stop when her
PULSE was racing toward the stars.

A moan brought her back on earth, she found herself lost in Lee's arms
with her own arms around his neck.

Amanda was in heaven, she was afraid to open her eyes, she was afraid
her dreams took the better of her mind, but Lee's lips and hands on
her neck was reality.

"You are so beautiful, Amanda!" Lee's voice touch her lips before his
own hot ones, and the second KISS, more passionate then the first told
what she needed to know.

It wasn't a dream it was reality, a thousand times better then any
dream, and not wasting a second she respond to his embrace with one of
hers.

Future was beautiful seen from Lee Stetson's arms.
Chapter 5 - Patti by Friday Challenge
Lee Stetson emulated the PULSE of the Christmas shopper. He never
thought this was possible. But he never expected to experience the
feelings for Amanda King that grew inside his heart.

He had traveled to New Jersey for some information on a new case.
The meet at the shopping mall did not go as expected. As Lee waited
for details about some hamburger franchise, he found himself window
shopping in the mall. The gift shop just inside the entrance of the
JM Towne & Co store had captured his attention. He had found
something that he knew his partner would love.

Now he stood in line at the gift wrap counter. A vast amount of
examples of holiday wrappings could have frightened him away.
Thinking of Amanda scared in a swamp or dancing in Joe King's arms
was more than enough encouragement to continue.

He looked at the one with mistletoe and imagined a KISS without
interruptions. Should he narrow it down to the one with the RIBBON
that CURLS? He finally told that girl to wrap it in the one with the
SILK ornamentation on the top row, second from the right.

END

A/N I am not sure what year JMT went out of business, but I have
great memories of their Christmas wrap, and the decorations that were
created from them.
Chapter 6 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
This one takes place during the episode A Lovely Little Affair, written by George Geiger and Kathleen A. Shelley. SMK belong to Warner Bros & Shoot the moon production. This story is mine—warts and all.
Lee climbed down the trellis and made it to the bottom without
incident. Good thing one of Amanda's neighbors hadn't see him and
called the cops.

Silently, he crept through the empty yards and slithered behind the
wheel of his car.

Driving through the quiet streets of Virginia, he thought about the
deal he just made with his partner. He wanted her to stay away from
Alan Chamberlin. Red February, and Franco Necci were dangerous.

She did a great job of turning the tables on him. Throwing his own
words back at him. She even quoted the rulebook to him. He agreed to
let her stay on the case, only after she'd promised to leave at the
first sign of trouble.

They shook on it. His fingers lingering in her hand a little longer
than necessary. Her hand warm in his. He looked at her then, really
looked. And he saw not his partner but a beautiful, sexy woman
sitting across from him.

His PLUSE jumped and he wanted desperately to lay her back on the
pillows, pull the RIBBON on her nightgown open, bury his fingers in
those gorgeous, sleep-tousled CURLS of hers, and KISS her senseless.

He had no doubt, he'd do exactly that tonight in his dreams. It would
be a long, long time before he got the image of her padding across
her bedroom, in nothing but a SILK nightgown, out of his mind.

Unless, he found something to replace that image. She was his best
friend, his partner, he shouldn't be thinking about her in that way.

When they wrapped up this whole Red February thing, maybe he'd call
the translator he'd met a few weeks ago. Now what was her name,
Laura, Lucy, Lisa, no Leslie.

Yeah, that's what he'd do. Call Leslie.

End.
Chapter 7 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
This is just another idea I had for this week's challenge. Thanks to Monica for talking it out with me.

It takes place during the episode Over the Limit written by Tom Ropelewski. The characters belong to Warner Bros. & Shoot the Moon as well as Mr. Ropelewski. I am only borrowing them to entertain the girls in the gutter.
Amanda arrived at work a half hour earlier than expected. She needed
to leave her spring-cleaning reports with Lee to review before
handing them in to Mr. Melrose.

She was still angry with Lee and didn't want to face him just yet.
First, he lied to her. Told her he had insomnia. He could have told
her he had a new girlfriend. He didn't need to lie about it.

Then he had a lot of nerve, telling her how beautiful she looked in
the dress she wore for the New Year's Eve party. Only to inform her
he wanted to buy one for a "friend." She didn't need to find out
about the other woman that way.

She'd thought they were moving forward from partners and friends to
something more. He'd taken her to the Verdi festival two weeks ago.
And he'd seemed more than a little relieved she hadn't been hurt when
the bomb went off at the rally. Holding her until she stopped
shaking.

She was so angry with him, her PULSE pounded in her ears, and it was
a wonder she didn't give him a piece of her mind, and tell him to
KISS off right there on the sidewalk.

The door rattled and she looked up, Lee walked in to the Q-Bureau and
stopped mid-stride. He tried to hide the bag he was carrying behind
his back. But, she'd recognize that purple box tied with white RIBBON
CURLS anywhere.

Looks like he'd done a little shopping at Rebecca's Fantasy. Probably
picked up a SILK teddy or some other see-through garment.

She walked passed him closing the door behind her. She knew she was
rude not saying anything to him, but she couldn't be sure she
wouldn't say something she couldn't take back.

It was best if she'd just avoided him today. She'd just go over to
the Save Our Bay office and see if she could get some more
information on who wanted to frame Elizabeth for murder.

End
Chapter 8 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Boy, it seems Sparkle Stardust is on a roll. This makes the fourth answer to this week's challenge she demanded I write.

It takes place during the episode Over the Limit written by Tom Ropelewski. The characters belong to Warner Bros. & Shoot the Moon as well as Mr. Ropelewski. I am only borrowing them to entertain the girls in the gutter.
Amanda rushed through the kitchen, tossing an air KISS to her mother
and headed up the stairs. She had a little less than two hours before
Lee arrived.

He had asked her to dinner, blowing off a party he was to attend with
his new girlfriend. She had a feeling that relationship was doomed to
failure. Leslie was so not Lee's type. Besides, if he wanted to date
a normal woman, Amanda was standing right in front of his face.

Her PULSE pounded at that idea. Of course, she knew that would never
happen, but, it was nice to dream.

She took a quick shower and massaged her lotion into every inch of
her body. She loved how it made her skin feel like SILK.

Next, she slipped on a little black dress and tied the RIBBON sash
into a bow at her back. She loved this dress. It was perfect for
times when she didn't know where she was going. It wasn't too dressy,
so it would fit in a family eatery, yet it wasn't too casual either,
so she would be comfortable in a fancier restaurant.

She swept her hair up into an elegant twist and pulled down a few
CURLS to frame her face. Slipping on her strappy sandals, she was
ready for a night on the town with her partner.

With fifteen minutes to spare, she scooped her purse, and wrap off
the bed and headed back downstairs to face the inquisition. Oh well,
looks like she forgot about another premier. She was going to have to
come up with a better explanation then that. Maybe, she would try the
truth this time-dinner with her boss.

End
Dot Matrix - Julie T by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Characters and episodes mentioned in this fanfic from the TV show Scarecrow and Mrs. King do not belong to me, but to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I am just borrowing them for some fun.

Timeline: End of Season 3—Filler for "All The World's A Stage"

Scene: Agency Bullpen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dot Matrix

Lee watched Amanda from across the bullpen as she fought the
continuous CURLS of paper bunching up in the dot matrix printer. It
seems the paper had jammed up against the RIBBON cartridge yet
again. How does she find the patience to deal with those blasted
boxes on a day to day basis, Lee wondered as he thought of the sheer
hatred he had for computers and anything to do with them. He mused
that, in reality, he probably feared them more than hated them, not
completely unlike his fear of relationships.

But that was not important right now. What was important was that he
had finally gotten his nerve up to talk to Amanda about their
relationship. He had hardly been able to think of anything else
these past couple of months. He couldn't really pinpoint an exact
time that the relationship had changed for him, but there had been
several incidents that had brought it really to the forefront of his
mind.

His PULSE quickened as he thought back to the night in the swamp
running from Sacker's men. He had come so close to kissing those
beautiful, soft as SILK lips of hers only to be interrupted by men
with guns shooting blindly into the darkened swamp.

He also recalled the evening after the Steven Sallee case was over
when he had shared a delicious meal with Amanda at her house, "just
like a couple of normal people" for once. And damned if her mother
and the boys didn't decided to come home early and spoil yet another
KISS for them. All hadn't been lost though, when Amanda followed him
out to the back porch, and he had finally been able to give her that
kiss that he had longed to give her for so many weeks. Really, if he
was completely honest with himself, he'd had feelings for Amanda far
longer than anyone would guess. He had just been really good at
suppressing and hiding them, even from himself. He was so deep in
thought that he had failed to notice that Amanda had fixed the
printer and was fast approaching him.

"Morning, Lee."

"Oh hi, Amanda!

"You must have an important case on your mind this morning. You
looked like you were a million miles away."

"I'm sorry about that Amanda. I do need to see you up in the Q
Bureau as soon as you finish fighting with the printer over there,"
Lee said with his best Stetson smile.

"Oh, that thing? I got it all fixed! I can follow you up there now
if you'd like." Amanda said trying very hard to hide the fact that
his gorgeous smile had nearly knocked the wind out of her.

Lee guided Amanda out of the bullpen all the while thinking about the
talk he was getting ready to have with her. He said a silent prayer
that he wouldn't mess this up.

End
Thank You So Much - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
*set right after A Matched Pair-usual disclaimers apply. Hope you enjoy :)*
Thank You So Much

Francine stood in front of the full-length mirror in her bedroom.
Perfect, she thought. Her hair was swept up, blond CURLS falling in
wispy tendrils on either side of her face. Taking a bottle of perfume
from her vanity she carefully applied it to the PULSE points on her
wrists and neck. After that came some lipstick. Magazine ads had
promised that this particular lipstick made any man want to KISS the
woman who wore it. Not that she and Mike hadn't kissed before,
Francine thought. In fact, they'd been seeing each other for nearly
two months and it was starting to look really promising. Francine
carefully blotted her lips and then leaned closer towards the mirror,
smiling at what she saw.

Definitely perfect.

The doorbell rang. It was him. A little bit early, but she didn't
care. "Just a minute!" Francine called out. Hurriedly she pulled on
the SILK robe and tied the RIBBON. The gourmet dinner she'd ordered
from Ma Maison was already laid out on the table and the champagne was
chilling in the ice bucket. This would be a night they'd never forget.

When Francine got close to the door, a smell assaulted her senses. It
was damp smell but more than that-she flashed back to the time at
Sarah Lawrence when one of the other girls had pushed her into the
swimming pool. Francine had been wearing her new sweater at the time
and after that it had shrunk to the point where the only girl capable
of wearing it would have to be Barbie-sized. Mallory Kimble had sworn
it was just a joke but Francine had never been quite able to forgive
her. She'd also never been able to forget that smell.

The smell of wet wool. Francine opened the door to reveal a very
bedraggled and angry-looking Lee Stetson. The sheep's costume was
soaking wet and leaving little puddles on the floor outside and the
hood was askew so that one of the sheep's ears hung over Lee's right
eye. His right black eye.

"My my," Francine said. "What happened? Little Bo Peep give you a
hard time?"

"Very funny, Francine," Lee said. "Wasn't there a little something you
forgot to tell me about our contact?"

"Look I know Marco's a little unstable," Francine said. "But he's
harmless."

"Right, except for his probatophobia." Lee said, walking closer.
"Know what that is? It's a fear of sheep-Marco gets very violent in
the presence of sheep." .

"I'm sorry," Francine said. "If I had known-"

Lee held up his hand. "Save it," he said. "That man is over 250
pounds, Francine. If Amanda hadn't conked him over the head with her
crook I'd probably be in the hospital."

"Lee you can't come in here- I have a date-you're dripping water all
over the carpet and I just had it cleaned-"

Lee started to smile. "Oh I won't stay long. I just wanted to thank
you for the costume."

The End.
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=447