Four Scenarios by Friday Challenge
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 4223 Read: 75649 Published: 10/06/08 Updated: 10/06/08
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This week we're going to do something different. Below is a list of four scenarios, your story must include at least two from the list.

St. Patrick's Day
Randy's
Scavenger Hunt
Hostage Situation

Instructions: You must use at least two of the above in your story. They can be mentions or enacted scenarios. This week we're going to have to ask for your submissions to be any length from a few lines to a full length story (instead of the usual minimum length of one line) - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.

1. Chapter 1- Tera by Friday Challenge

2. Chapter 2 - Patti by Friday Challenge

3. Chapter 3 - Monica by Friday Challenge

4. Chapter 4 - Sue by Friday Challenge

5. Chapter 5 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

6. Chapter 6 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

7. Chapter 7 - Monica by Friday Challenge

8. Chapter 8 - Sue by Friday Challenge

9. Chapter 9 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

10. To A Job Well Done - Amy F by Friday Challenge

Chapter 1- Tera by Friday Challenge
She sat down on the edge of the bed, sighing as she did so. With painstaking effort, she managed to wriggle her feet out of her heels, what was left of them, and kick them across the bedroom floor.

So much for that pair of shoes.

She contemplated taking off her soiled clothes, knowing she really should. There really was no way of salvaging them, not with the oil stains and the beer stains and the steak sauce stains.

"Ugh," she groaned as she eased backwards down onto the bed, emitting another long sigh as her head settled down onto his pillow.

That's when she inhaled it, the intoxicating scent of him. The masculine scent of him, her partner.

The very man she should be very royally, very highly, oh so very, very angry with.

But then, how could he have known their day would go like this? It was supposed to have been an innocent lunch at Randy's, a sort of celebration for St. Patrick's day.

She should know better than to think that they could ever have a normal lunch together. She'd been with the Agency for a little over a year, yes, she did know not to expect normal.

Normal, for her now, was just something like the bizarre hostage situation that had taken place, the bizarre brawl that had resulted in the crazed loonie who had come in there being taken down.

Just not after most of the china and glasses in the place had been tossed all about. Not after most of the food that had been on the tables had sailed through the air and most certainly not after most of it seemed to have ended up on her.

And then she smiled as she breathed in the scent of him, yet again. She closed her eyes and relaxed, knowing that once Lee would return from finishing his debriefing she would have to get up off of his bed.

But for now, for now she was going to enjoy this sweet little moment of pleasure and forget all about her very un-normal St. Patrick's Day.
Chapter 2 - Patti by Friday Challenge
Amanda entered Randy's Bar and Grill and smiled at Randy, who was counseling an employee. Randy's was not the first locale in DC one would think to spend lunchtime on St. Patrick's Day. It was chosen as a matter of convenience by Amanda and some other PTA 'working moms'. She needed to finalize plans for a scavenger hunt which was to be held in a number of the Arlington Public Schools. After being seated by the hostess, Amanda sighed. Not a half of an hour before, she jibed at Lee for accepting a milk run assignment. She did not have the luxury of running an avoidance pattern so she found herself waiting for the others to arrive for the brainstorming session.

After a pleasant meal, the women rummaged through purses as each prepared to pay a separate check. Amanda held herself in check as she realized the busboy had morphed into Fred Fielder. She looked up as Francine placed her bill before her. She turned it over and read the note. A hostage situation . . . Lee . . . Amanda stood and said her good-byes. She twisted the claddagh ring that Lee had placed on her left hand that morning. Knowing she would draw on the strength of the friendship, love and loyalty the ring represented, she went back to work in agent mode as she set out for the other side of the
beltway.

the end
Chapter 3 - Monica by Friday Challenge
Amanda King secretly Stetson, and known in the spy community as half of the Agency's best team, entered with a worried face in the warm - friendly place named Randy's.

She was worried beyond any doubts, she wanted a second to rest and think at what happened in the last hours.

She came at work early, of course she have to wrestle with Lee's handwriting for a couple of reports, but that was somehow easy -she was with him and knew what to write.

Engrossed in files failed to acknowledge the time, it was 10 o'clock and Lee wasn't there yet.

What was that? Where was he? Ready to jump and go down in the bullpen, the ring of the phone startled her, it was Mrs. Marsten who had a message for her, a weird one, but like she said -these were spies and spies are weird!

"Amanda please come and find me, I don't know where I am, they didn't told me nothing, only that "That is a hostage situation" and for you to come alone. You will receive further notice. Please come as soon as you receive this message."

Amanda's heart sunk and taking her purse decide to tell Billy. Billy was about to wave her in while prepare to enjoy his coffee, but Amanda's distraught appearance made him leave the cup on the desk, and run to help his agent.

"Billy, Lee is kidnapped, Mrs. Marsten just told me, I have to go alone, where I don't know, he said they didn't told him where they keep him. I don't know how he is, myabe he is hurt, Billy what if I wouldn't find him? I have to find him, He said "hostage situation" who knows --Ahh please tell Francine to search who is out of prison
in the last days, sir I...."

"Amanda, slow down, I will do all I have to do, but please calm down, Lee need your strength, so calm down and go, because from what I understand you will receive further notice by your car phone, I'll talk to Francine and I'll call you as soon as I have news."

"Thank you sir!"

Billy was right, Lee needed her help and she can do that, after all she was an agent! The phone rang only one time, and all she heard was "2 o'clock at Randy's, ONCE AGAIN -Come ALONE!"

It was 1 o'clock, she had an hour to wait, but the traffic was heavy and she prayed to be there on time, and here she was in the corner's booth at Randy's and it was 2 o'clock sharp!

Lost in her thoughts, she never saw the blond woman approaching her table, and was startled by a hand on the shoulder.

"Mother, what are you doing here? How did you know I was here? You have to go, I'm expecting someone and I have to be alone, please mother!"

"Amanda dear, you read too many of those spy books I think you got carried away. HA, "have to be alone!" tell me if you had a date with Lee, and I stay with you till he will be here, but if my date will came quick I'll be gone."

"You have a date mother? Here?"

Amanda's eyes darted from the door to her mother but failed to notice the people gathered in the back of the local, and jumped when four hands embraced her, Jamie and Phillip's hands.

"Jamie, Phillip, boys what are you doing here? Have you come alone? What did I told you not to walk alone through the city, and so far from home?"

Amanda was double worried, she was here at Randy but no one approached her with news about Lee, and her mother was here expecting someone and her boys were here too, after crossing the town all by themselves and above all her head was pounding with the start of a major headache.

"UHH mom, we didn't come alone, Lee brought us!"

"LEE!!!!"

"Hello darling!" Amanda' eyes locked immediately with the most beautiful hazel eyes she ever saw, Lee Stetson's eyes who was watching her, telling without words all he can't say with words here and now!

"Lee, How, When, Where..." Lee's lips stopped what threatened to be the mother of all the rambles he heard from her.

"Amanda" said Lee after breaking the kiss," I'm sorry I made you worry, Dotty told me your family always celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and we decided to surprise you. Don't be mad at me. The idea with the message was your mother's she knew how much you like the spy world with all those books you read -a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, and he winked at her- and I was glad to help her.

"But, Lee, Mrs Marsten's message and... Oh My Gosh! Mr. Melrose! The back up teams! Lee, I have, you have, we have to call him, we have to tell him...."

Lee's lips were on hers once again, for the second time:

"Amanda, they know!"

"Oh you! You're impossible!"

"But you still love me!"

"Come on mom, Lee. No more mushy stuff. We are hungry!"

The adults laugh filled the friendly local named "Randy's"
Chapter 4 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Lee peeked at the dashboard clock and pounded his fists on the steering wheel. Damn that Auggie for making him late. The next time he met up with his would-be good buddy, he would punch him right in the nose.

Auggie had him racing all over town, on some sort of make-shift scavenger hunt, gathering clues to a potential hostage situation at next week's NATO conference.

He wouldn't have minded the mad dashes around town if he'd gotten some solid intel, but every damned clue turned out to be a false lead. Or if he'd had his partner with him, but Amanda had training classes all day that she couldn't miss.

He missed her.

And he'd kept her waiting at the bar in Randy's for a half hour already. Oh, he knew she didn't mind waiting for him. Heck it seemed one of them was always waiting for the other. But, today of all day's he wanted to be there before her.

He could just picture her sitting on a stool near the door. The bar would be packed--after all, everyone was Irish on St. Patrick's Day. She'd be her usual charming self and the men would be all over her.

Really, he couldn't blame them. Amanda was spectacular. Beautiful, smart, sexy . . .

Lee blew through the red light, narrowly missing hitting another car and sped down the street.

End
Chapter 5 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
The sounds of Irish music drifted out the front door of Randy's as a couple exited. Lee held the door open for Amanda to enter. The aroma of corned beef and cabbage filled the air the moment she stepped inside. Not one of her favorite meals. Especially when it seemed they'd cooked massive quantities of it.

Garlands of shamrocks hung all over the bar and from the ceiling. A pot of gold sat on the end of the bar. Pitchers filled with green beer lined the other end. Even the water had been tinted green. Instead of the traditional peanuts and pretzels in bowls, Lucky Charms cereal took their place.

St. Patrick's Day partiers filled the bar. Some had their faces painted green. Others sported large hats with shamrocks on them, while others had `Kiss Me I'm Irish' pins on. Those that weren't wearing green were being pinched by anyone passing by.

"I'm glad you gave me this to wear this morning." Lee rubbed the small shamrock pin she'd given him that morning. "I'd forgotten what day it was, but I didn't mind the pinch you gave me."

"That's because I pinched your . . ."

"Please, help." Francine rushed up to them and hid behind Lee.

"What's the matter?" Amanda asked to the agent cowering behind her husband.

"Beaman. He keeps trying to pinch me but I told him I'm wearing green. Then he said he wanted to kiss me because I had green on. I told him that's not how the tradition goes. He won't leave me alone. I don't know what to do. Please help me."

At that very moment a group of people dressed as leprechauns entered. "Why don't you go mingle with them? I doubt he'll find you there." Lee said as he pointed to the boisterous partiers and placed his hand on Francine's back. "And put one of these on." He handed her a shamrock hat. "He'll never recognize you."

She looked at the hat with disgust. "You're right no one would think to look for me wearing something this crude. Thanks."

"That wasn't nice?" Amanda sat down on an empty bar stool.

"What?" Lee sat down next to her.

"You put one of these on her." She picked up a `Kiss Me I'm Irish' sticker.

"Now would I do something like that?" He poured a glass of green beer and handed it to her with a smile.

"Hey. Either of you seen Francine?" Beaman grabbed a handful of Lucky Charms and stuffed them in his mouth.

"Isn't that her over there in the green hat?" Lee pointed to Francine who had her back to them.

"I think you're right. And she has a kiss me button on." He rubbed his hands together. "She's all mine. Thanks." He reached into the pot of gold and tossed a coin to Lee.

"That's not real is it?" Amanda eyed the gold medallion.

"It's candy." He handed her the coin.

She opened it and took a bite. Chocolate. Delicious. She took a sip of beer. "I wish we had a camera."

"It just so happens I do." He pulled a small camera out of his pocket.

"You know she's going to get even with you?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way. Come on. I want to get a good angle."

Amanda took her glass of beer and followed her husband. She didn't want to miss this for the world.

The End
Chapter 6 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
This is a continuation of my previous little story.

Billy opened the door to Randy's and found the St. Patrick's Day festivities in full swing. He hadn't planned on stopping by, but after the meeting all day with Smyth he really needed a mug of beer. Even if it was green beer, the color didn't matter.

He fought he way through the crowd to the bar where he poured himself the much needed alcoholic relief. He took several gulps of the cold brew and turned around scanning the throng of partygoers.

Immediately, he noticed Lee holding a camera. Now what in the world was he planning on doing with that?

A moment later he had his answer. He recognized Beaman as he pulled the arm of a blonde woman wearing one of those gaudy shamrock hats. When he had her turned around he planted his lips on her in a kiss. Astounded Billy realized the blonde was his assistant, Francine. At that very moment he saw a flash and Lee lowered the camera. A smirk lit up Lee's face.

Francine disengaged herself from Beaman and slapped him in the face, then flounced off towards the ladies room in a huff.

Now Billy understood. Lee was getting blackmail material for future use. He didn't blame him one bit as Francine had used photographs in the past to extort Lee. Although the last time she'd given a picture to Amanda so she could use it for bribery.

He gulped the last of his beer and placed the empty mug on the bar. Time to go home. As he made his way out of the bar he saw the backs of Lee and Amanda. He chuckled as he saw Lee's hand move to her rear end and Amanda to his giving each other a pinch. Billy sure wished he'd had a camera to record that moment.

The End – TBC – Who knows
Chapter 7 - Monica by Friday Challenge
Amanda and Lee entered the house, without paying attention at the silence.

Well not too much, they were paying attention at each other after slamming the door. Amanda's mind went blank the second Lee's hands found their way around her waist and his lips found hers.

Unusual for them it wasn't the interruptions which broke the kiss, it was the lack of noise in the house.

Agency training kick in, and the search for the rest of their family begun, at least half of it, because Jamie and Phillip were with friends celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but Kurt, Dotty and Alisha were supposed to be at home.

Amanda looked upstairs while Lee headed the kitchen but no one was in sight, until he spot the note on the fridge, read it and called for his wife. "Amanda, it seems that we can join the rest of our co-workers at Randy's tonight"

"Lee!! How you can talk about a party when Kurt, mother and Alisha are not in the house?"

He didn't answer, but showed her the post-it note he found.

"Amanda and Lee, this is a hostage situation. NO don't call the Agency! Alisha said we -me and grandpa Kurt-are hers for the afternoon. She wanted to go see a movie -the new Disney and then ice cream. So don't wait for us. I know you will find something to do with your free time."

"Amanda I am more and more convinced that Dotty can have a brilliant carrier at the Agency-Hostage Situation-indeed, like we don't know that Alisha has them both wrapped around her little finger, and they love it"

"Oh you! And what about you Daddy? You are there wrapped around the same finger too"

"Well my reputation of ladies man pursued me, but now three wonderful ladies have me only for themselves, my mother-in-law, my wife and my little angel."

"Always the smooth talker." Amanda kissed him, wrapping her arms around him.

"So, Mrs. Stetson, it seems we have a free evening, what do you want to do, go to Randy's, or keep refreshing the Class C interrogation course, after all you need a well trained partner, no?"

"What do you think Scarecrow? A good training can save your life anytime" whispers Amanda beginning to undo the buttons of Lee's shirt. "You have a point here" were his last words before his lips found hers.

End

Cheryl I hope you don't mind I borrow your name for their girl.
Chapter 8 - Sue by Friday Challenge
"This really sucks!" Efraim Beaman thought to himself. He was stuck here teaching the new recruits how to handle a hostage situation instead of sitting in Randy's having a nice smooth Irish whiskey.

It was all her fault--Scarecrow's little housewife. She just had to bring up Alan Chamberlain's sister when he was discussing Red February. Now, he was going to miss seeing the love of his life, Francine Desmond.

Well, if he wanted to get to Randy's St. Patrick's Day party before Francine left, he'd have to make this quick.

"Okay class, let's review the standard procedure for hostage negotiation . . ."
Chapter 9 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
I thought of a little more to add to the story at work today.

She sat at a corner table in Randy's watching the activity going on around her sipping an Irish coffee. It was the perfect vantage point to watch the boisterous St. Patrick's Day shenanigans.

So far she'd seen several agents participating in green beer drinking contests and lots of kissing and pinching. Then Beaman grabbed Francine, kissed her and got slapped for his efforts. And to top it off the Scarecrow had gotten a photograph of the incident. She assumed it was taken to get even for the photo that Francine had circulated several years ago from a Christmas party.

What she'd really found interesting was she'd seen Lee and Amanda pinch each other on the rear end. Now that isn't something just friends would do to the other. A pinch on the arm is being playful or friendly. A pinch on the rear meant something else was going on entirely. Something more intimate. Especially, since they didn't move their hands after the pinch.

Prudence Marston ordered another Irish coffee from a passing waitress. She'd stay a little longer. Maybe she'd find out more about her fellow agents. Especially, Scarecrow and Mrs. King. And by the looks that passed between those two she'd make a bet that Mrs. King's name would be changing in the near future.

The End
To A Job Well Done - Amy F by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: The characters from Scarecrow and Mrs. King are the property of Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Productions. I have borrowed the characters without the consent or knowledge of Warner Brothers or Shoot the Moon. This story, however, is copyrighted to the mentioned author. This story is for entertainment purposes ONLY. If you would like to add it to an archive, please just let me know.

Timeframe: This story takes place between Three Little Spies and All the World’s A Stage, so roughly around mid April 1986. It is also a little continuation of The Yank and Brit's story "Software on a Sesame Seed Bun."

Author's Notes: This story was written in response to a challenge where at least two of the following had to be used: Randy's; St. Patrick's Day; Hostage Situation; Scavenger Hunt.
To a Job Well Done

Picking up her wineglass, Amanda looked over at her date. “Tell me again how we ended up getting this free dinner at Randy’s on the Agency?”

Lee smiled as he watched her bring the glass to her lips and take a sip. “Well, it was really your free meal. I just kind of horned in on it.”

Amanda put her glass back down and eyed Lee suspiciously. “Wait, I thought you said Mr. Melrose was rewarding you for a successful end to the hostage situation at Marvelous Marvin’s.”

Looking a bit sheepish, Lee picked up his fork and began pushing the green beans around on his plate. “Well...”

“Lee Stetson.” Amanda stared at her partner, and date, with the same look she gave her sons when she needed to extract the truth. “You better tell me the truth, now.”

Suddenly feeling like he was facing down the Colonel, Lee tugged on the collar of his shirt. “Well, you see…” When Amanda didn’t seem to be letting up with the inquisitive stare, he took a deep breath. “Okay, the truth is that Billy was so impressed with how you managed to disarm the whole hostage situation without anyone getting hurt, that he told me to tell you that you deserved a nice dinner, on the Agency, and that the best place he knew of was Randy’s. He loves their steaks. In fact, he eats here every Friday night.”

“Okay, so why didn’t you just tell me that instead of using subterfuge?” Amanda’s expression didn’t waiver in the least, as she started tapping her fingers expectantly on the tabletop.

Unable to look directly at Amanda, Lee lowered his gaze back to his plate. “Because I didn’t want you to invite someone else. Not your mother, not your nosey neighbor…”

“Buck! You thought I’d ask Buck?” Amanda’s expression softened and she reached over and placed her hand over Lee’s. “Lee, I know that we’ve only just started seeing each other socially outside of the office, and I think it’s very sweet that you wanted to make sure I enjoyed this free meal with you…but if we’re going to give ourselves a chance at any kind of relationship, even a real partnership, you have to trust me to make my own decisions.”

“I know.” Still not meeting Amanda’s gaze, Lee turned his hand over and wrapped his fingers around hers, gently rubbing her hand with his thumb. “What can I say except that it seemed like a good idea at the time.” Shrugging his shoulders slightly, he glanced up and saw the tender expression on her face. “The truth is that I didn’t want to miss the chance to take you out on another date, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Besides, I figured, if anyone saw us together, and asked why we were here, it would make more sense for me to have asked you, to congratulate you on the great job you did, than for you to have to explain why you asked me.”

“But wait,” Amanda shook her head slightly, “if Mr. Melrose told you this dinner was a thank you to me, who’s to say he didn’t tell someone else.” Her expression turned speculative, “Someone like, say, Francine.”

Lee’s lips curled up in a small grin. “He told me not to tell anyone. He didn’t want it getting around that he was offering up free dinners on the Agency for jobs well done.”

“Well I can see his point.” Amanda chuckled. “Oh, and by the way, you’ve been hanging around me too long…you ramble almost as well as me.”

“You know you’re not the first person to tell me that.” Lee grinned back. “And to be honest, I don't mind in the slightest.”

“Mr. Melrose was really that impressed with me?” Amanda asked, feeling just a little self-conscious. “I mean I know you said that Francine was complimenting me, not to my face, but to others, but I mean, while no one got hurt, the restaurant did end up looking like a war zone.”

Lee smiled as he nodded. “True, there was a mess to clean up. But the simple fact is, that like so many operations that you end up in the middle of, the criminals were apprehended, and there was no bloodshed.” When he saw her lower her gaze, as if looking at the leg that was shot by one of the Tippesh brothers, he quickly amended, “at least not inside the restaurant.”

Without letting go of Lee’s hand, as she was enjoying the feeling of warmth that was running through her at his touch, Amanda raised her glass with her free hand. “Well then, I think a toast is in order.”

“I couldn't agree more.” Lee winked and picked up his own glass. “To a great partnership.”

“And to a job well done.” Amanda added as she reached across the table, ready to clink her glass to Lee’s.

Lee touched his glass to hers, and silently thought, as he brought his glass to his lips, ‘and to many more dates with my beautiful partner and a future not yet explored.’

The End
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=330