- Text Size +

Plausible Deniability

Usual Disclaimers about taking the characters out for a ride yet putting them back for the real owners (Joyriding)

Thanks once again to Cheryl and Jennifer for the beta work and the GG’s in chat for breaking the log jam.

An immediate continuation of A Morning After and Rings. I recommend that you read those two first if you haven’t already.

4th Season -marriage is known by Billy and Francine but still hidden from the family (sigh…so complicated)

Around 2:30 pm

“Okay, let’s go over it again, Amanda. Who are you?” Lee asked as he watched his wife pack her suitcase for their assignment at Serenity Resort and Spa. She looked up at him as he sat up against the headboard of her bed, his shoes off, tie loosened and his sleeves rolled up. He looked like he belonged there and her heart stuttered a little at the thought that perhaps soon he would be there all the time.

          “I am Emily Pearson. You are Jack Pearson. We are newly married. I work for the Pentagon in Purchasing and you are a project manager for a classified project for a defense contractor. We met at the Pentagon at one of the contractor reviews.”

          “Right. That should make us plausible enough targets.”

          “Right.” She straightened out the bedspread on her bed as she thought about the next thing she wanted to say. She started hesitantly “Lee…”

          Lee looked up when she stopped talking. “What is it?”

          “What are we going to do about Mother and the boys?”

          He sighed and raked a hand through his hair. “I don’t know. I never intended for the Agency to find out first about us.”

          Amanda ran her fingers through his hair straightening out what he just messed up. “Billy raised some good points this morning. When he sat there and just stared at us, I felt like a disobedient student being told off by the principal.”

          Lee pulled her into his lap. “I know. I’m sorry.”

           “Are you really sorry? I’m not. I think I’m glad it came out. I’m tired of living without you.” She began playing with his buttons trying not to make eye contact. “We play at being married. That’s not what marriage is about, Lee. I love you. I want to be with you every day and every night.”

          He took a deep breath and tightened his embrace. “Oh Amanda, I feel the same way. It’s just that the situation was not under our control.”

          “Maybe this is what we needed. This was the impetus to come clean with everyone. But you’ve avoided my initial question. What do we do about m… our family? That is only the first of many questions. What about the house? I know we’ve been fixing it up to sell. Are you going to move in here first? Or should we start looking for another house now and be ready to make the move all at once? How will Phillip and Jamie take moving and our marriage? Will my mother think we don’t need her anymore? We really need her to be here. Should we get remarried for the family and our friends? I don’t want to lie anymore but I also don’t want to have to answer a bunch of awkward questions. We both need to be a part of telling them. How are they going to handle having a stepfather when they are becoming closer to their father? Joe’s getting married soon, too. Two new step parents. How are they going to handle that?” Amanda paused to take a breath and Lee pushed her down on the bed and kissed her quite thoroughly.

          She looked up at him puzzled. “What was that for?”

          He smiled and kissed her nose. “It was the only way to get you to take a break. Feel better getting that all out?”

          She thought for a moment and nodded. “Yeah.”

          “Now,” he leaned down and kissed her jaw, “those are all good questions and legitimate problems we’re going to have to deal with.” He trailed a series of small light kisses down her neck and collarbone. “We’ll work on all of those together.” He nipped the sensitive skin where her neck and shoulder met then laved the small hurt away with his tongue. “We have time to talk about all the contingency plans.” He repeated the kisses up her neck and jaw on the other side. “But we’re alone right now and watching you pack that red lingerie and that cream colored nightgown has given me other ideas.”

          Amanda lightly caressed the side of his face. “You mean the backless one with the spaghetti straps?” She asked innocently as she began to loosen his tie.

“You know what that one does to me.” Lee growled.

          “I do. That’s why I packed it.” She smiled sweetly as she pulled the tie from around his neck and started on the buttons of his shirt.

          His voice became huskier. “You realize we’re going on an assignment.” He reminded her as he moved to straddle her hips.

          Amanda pulled him back down to her. “I do.” She whispered as she nibbled on his earlobe.

          “We’ll have to remain focused on our job.”

          “Hmmm…I know.” It was her turn to tease him with light kisses across his chest as she undid his buttons.

          “Our room could be bugged.” Lee reasoned.

          “Uh-huh.” Amanda murmured as she concentrated on not ripping off the buttons of his shirt again like she did the night before at Lee’s apartment.  “So I guess now is as good a time as any.” With that he pushed her shirt up and over her head and with one quick flick of the wrist undid the front closure to her bra. “See what did I tell you? There was a bra emergency.”

          “Hardly an emergency but, since I’m not one to quibble. Come here.” She smiled up at him. “Unless, of course, you intend to talk some more.”

Since they started their physical relationship right after their engagement, she was continuously amazed by her libido. It had grown substantially. She and Lee fed off of each other. A look, a caress, or a brush of the lips from Lee could send her desire for him spiraling. They had made love last night and this morning and here she was ready to do it again from just his kisses.

Giving up rational thought, Amanda grabbed his shirt and brought him down to her. His kiss took her breath away. She pushed the shirt off of his arms and caressed the strong muscles in his back. Feeling his weight on her body, she marveled that he could evoke safety and overwhelming arousal at the same time. Her mind snapped back to the present when Lee’s mouth closed around her nipple and teased it to hardness. Amanda let out a small moan when Lee switched his attention to the other nipple.

          “Equal time…” Lee murmured under his breath and resumed his exploration of her breasts. She moved her hand down his back and into the waistband of his pants. One hand delicately cupped his perfect ass cheek, while the other lightly beat out a tattoo at the base of his spine with her finger. Lee growled quietly but Amanda felt it reverberate through her chest. Lee’s hand moved up her leg pushing her skirt up and out of the way. He rolled off of her and stood by the bed. His hands traveled up her legs and to the waistband of her skirt. Amanda could feel his hands shaking exposing his barely controlled desire for her as he unbuttoned and unzipped her skirt. He pulled her to her feet and the skirt dropped into a pool of black fabric on the floor. Lee went down on his knees as he guided her hose and panties off of her long legs. Amanda closed her eyes to revel in the feeling of her husband’s hands on her body and the sound of his breathing speeding up as he exposed her to his sight. She stepped out of her clothes and pulled him up to her so that she could taste his mouth. Kissing Lee was always worth any effort. His kiss was gentle at first then progressed into being more demanding and possessive.

          Almost of their own volition, Amanda’s hands moved to the front of his pants and felt his erection brushing her hand as she unbuckled his belt, unbuttoned his pants and unzipped his fly. She slid her hands into the waistband of his boxers and pushed them along with his pants over his hips and letting them fall to his feet. Kneeling, she helped him step out of his clothes and remove his socks. Deciding to tease him slightly, she licked the tip of his cock and swirled her tongue around the head. Lee groaned and pushed forward slightly letting Amanda take the lead. Amanda smiled as she sucked the tip into her mouth and moved her head to accommodate his length. She sucked as she pulled back and allowed him to pop out of her mouth. She lifted herself off the floor and onto the bed where Lee followed her eagerly.

He lay beside her and began to caress her body again increasing her awareness of his touch. She arched her back and Lee rolled onto his back and brought her with him. She quickly straddled his hips and sank down on his hard cock. She threw her head back and waited while she felt him fill her. They began to move to a rhythm all their own. Since Lee’s thrusts were timed with Amanda’s movements, she could feel him swell and allowed herself to be pushed over the edge into sweet oblivion with him. She collapsed on his chest breathing heavily and felt his arms go around her anchoring her to him. The lingering tingle of his kisses along her face helped her to regain balance after their lovemaking.

          Amanda reached over and pulled the bedspread over the two of them for some quick warmth.

          “Why don’t we just get under the covers?” Lee asked.

          “I’m afraid if we do, we won’t be leaving for a while.” Amanda replied moving off of him and snuggling into his side. “What time is our check in?”

          “We have to be there by 6:00.” Lee’s hand caressed her back in soothing motions.

          Amanda raised her head and squinted at her alarm clock. “It’s 3:30 now. We have time for a nap, right?”

          “I think so. It’s not too far from here.”

          “Do we to need to check in with the Agency before we leave?”

          “No, we are good until the evening check in. Settle down, now. Try to get some rest.” Lee kissed the top of her head.

          Her voice sounded sleepy to her own ears. “Hmmmmm…” she sighed contentedly. “I’m glad we packed your bag already. Do we need to set the alarm?”

          “Probably.” Lee reached for the clock. “You know sometimes it’s hard to remember where we’re sleeping from day to day.”

          “I know.” Amanda whispered before she surrendered to sleep.

          Amanda woke to the sound of an alarm buzzing close to her ear. She reached over and tapped the clock. Lee moved against her and nuzzled her neck.

          “I like to wake up like this.” She murmured as he began to kiss his way to her mouth. “Come on, Sweetheart. We need to get up.”

          Lee sat up and rubbed his eyes and face to wake up. “I can’t believe I slept that heavily in the afternoon.”

          She stretched her arms up over her head and sat up. “Well, we did have an…” she searched for a word that felt monumental enough, but her sleep fogged brain couldn’t deliver… interesting morning.”

          Lee vented a humorless laugh. “That’s an understatement.”

          “Would you like me to shower first?” Amanda asked knowing full well he would want to shower together.

          “Can I join you?”

          “Of course. It gets lonely when I’m in there all alone.” She trailed a finger down his chest.

          His voice became husky again as she noticed his gaze settle on her nipples which were tight again from stretching. “Amanda, we need to get ready to go.”

          “I know.” They moved into the bathroom and despite their proximity to each other they both managed to get washed, dried and dressed with minimal groping.

          Lee held up the little black box which held their rings. “Do you want to wear our rings or the Agency issued ones?”

          “Let’s wear ours. I don’t really want to take them off again.”

          “Neither do I.” Lee confirmed as he snapped the empty box closed and threw it onto Amanda’s night stand.

          “I just need to leave a note for Mother and tell her I won’t be home when they get here in case they beat us back.”

TBC