- Text Size +

Season 4 – Post Engagement & Pre Wedding

Usual disclaimers apply.

Thanks to Cheryl and to Jennifer for putting up with my writing once again and being great betas. They are a formidable team.

It was 1:15 in the morning and Amanda was unsure of herself. She had finished her debriefing and updated the details of her scenario. She had gotten in her car to go home but somehow the car ended up at Lee’s building.  Looking up at his apartment window, she sat in her car debating whether to go in and try to talk to Lee. Her memories came flooding back about that last day they saw each other.

“It’s a simple two week assignment for both of you. A number of wealthy people have been extorted or blackmailed for information they may possess. The common denominator in all these cases is that these people have all been treated in various rehabilitation centers. The information varies from weapons designs to stock tips. Southworth Industries are involved with all the centers in one capacity or another. It seems whatever they can get their hands on is the information they want.” Billy Melrose explained. “You both will be entering rehab. So, while on assignment, you will have to exhibit behaviors that will warrant that visit. Unfortunately, you need to establish the covers separately. We don’t want you two tied together until you get out of rehab. Check into the Agency controlled rehab in Los Angeles, stay for a day and return to Washington. Southworth is a new contractor with us and so they will have the access we chose. The staff will gossip and leave your files accessible. Scarecrow, you are going to use your Stedman, documentary film director cover. You will take the first two weeks. Amanda, you are going to resurrect Victoria Greenwich.”

Amanda placed her head on the steering wheel and winced at the memory. That was when the fight began.

Lee shot to his feet. “Billy, that cover nearly got her killed. She won’t do it.”

Amanda narrowed her eyes. “She won’t do it, Scarecrow? Isn’t that my decision?”

Lee looked at her with disbelief. “You would actually use that cover?”

Amanda looked over at Billy who was taking in their discussion. “We’ll talk about this later, Lee.”

Lee nodded his head. “Oh, yes we will.”

Billy cleared his throat. “Lee, your flight leaves at 4:00 today. Go home and pack. Amanda stay. We need to go over some details. You don’t leave for two weeks.”

Lee looked at her. “Billy, may I have a minute to talk to my partner before I leave?” Lee put his hand firmly on the small of her back and practically pushed her out of the office across the bullpen and into the conference room. He closed the door against any eavesdroppers.

 “Come back to the apartment when you’re done. We can talk. I don’t want you using that cover.” Lee told her.

“I don’t think I have a choice. But you don’t make those decisions for me, Lee.” She replied frostily. She sighed. “I’ll try to get away.”

Back in her car, Amanda realized that the fates were against them that day. Billy had kept her in the briefing for two hours fine tuning her cover. She had even asked if it was the best idea for her to use it. Billy had called the analyst who had recommended the cover to his office to answer her questions. Then, as she was getting ready to go to Lee’s apartment, her mother called with an emergency. Could she come home and deal with the water heater repairman? Dotty had an Executive Meeting for the Garden Club then she would take the boys to soccer practice and be back by four-thirty. Amanda agreed and called Lee to tell him she needed to go home and could he meet her there.

Their time together started well enough. Lee kissed her passionately and wanted to make love before he had to leave. She looked into his smoldering eyes now dark with passion, she agreed.. Then it started.

“Amanda, did you ask Billy to change your cover?” Lee asked holding her hand as he led them to the stairs.

She braced for his response and swallowed. “No. I didn’t”

“What? Why?” Lee voice was harsh as dropped her hand and turned to look at her.

“We talked about it and Brian from Analysis came up and explained why they selected that cover. They assured me it was safe.”

“Amanda! I don’t want you using Victoria Greenwich again. It is not safe.”

Amanda could feel her temper rising. “Lee, as I said earlier it is not your decision to make. It is mine and I’m satisfied.”

He began to pace. “You weren’t the one who had to carry you down the stairs after having been injected with muscaline.”

“No, I was the one who was injected.”

“So you see my point.”

“No, I don’t!”

He walked to her and grabbed her upper arms in a firm grip. “As senior agent, I have a better grasp on the danger involved. As your fiancé, shouldn’t I have a right to have a say in what you do?”

Amanda’s temper flared. “Lee Stetson! Don’t you dare pull that card on me! How dare you suggest that I don’t have an understanding of my actions! That is exactly what Joe used to do and I will not tolerate it from you!”

Lee shouted. “You would have died, Amanda, if I hadn’t been in that house to save you. I’m not going to be there this time to rescue you when your cover is blown.”

“Oh, so I’m going to blow my cover, am I? I’m so glad you have that much faith in my abilities. I don’t need you to babysit me every minute. If you think I can’t handle myself, why am I your partner?”

“If you are not going to listen to me, then you won’t be.”

Both of them look appalled at the words came out of his mouth.

Amanda took a deep breath and nodded. “In that case, it’s probably best that we d…d...don’t get married either. You obviously can’t trust me to take care of myself.” The small stutter in her words was the only betrayal of the emotion behind them. “You need to catch your plane. Goodbye Lee.”

The anger on his face was mixed with anguish. She held his gaze not wanting him to see her cry. She broke contact with him and looked away. He turned and headed to the door. The last thing he said to her was, “Goodbye Amanda.” The words reverberated in her mind as the door slammed behind him.

 Sitting in her car, Amanda took a deep breath as four weeks’ worth of memories passed through her head. She ran upstairs to her room and sobbed for her stupidity and loss. She had cried often during those few weeks. Her mother was worried. Jamie and Phillip wondered where Lee had gone. Work had gone on. She had covered several interviews and done some low level surveillance.

When she left for her part of the assignment, she told her mother and the boys that she was shooting a documentary in the woods in Canada and would be out of contact.  Her mother thought it was a good idea for her to get away and think.

She had wondered if she would still have a desk in the Q Bureau. With his stubborn streak, Lee was likely to have her things moved out when he got back. But when she had checked after the debriefing, everything was still there. Hope began to grow back in her heart.

She wouldn’t learn anything just sitting in the car. She grabbed her purse and headed into his apartment building. Too soon, she was standing in front of Lee’s apartment gathering her courage to knock. It was easier to think of him as her partner right now, not her fiancé. It hurt too much to think about their engagement. Her heart ached at the bitterness of their parting words. In fighting with Lee, did she really lose both her partner and her fiancé?

Finally, they were both back in the city and able to see each other, surely they would be able to talk to each other. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could go without seeing him, but she also wasn’t sure he wanted to see her. She worried her lip and clenched her fist to raise it to knock, but something stopped her.

The memories of the fight washed over her again.

            She should’ve tried to call first. It seemed she couldn’t pick up the phone. What if he wasn’t home? What if he didn’t want to see her?

Her hand clasped the diamond heart around her neck for strength. Her thoughts were in chaos each new idea piling on the others with no respite. She needed to see him so much.  Maybe he didn’t miss her. She needed to feel his arms around her holding her tight. She couldn’t deal with this now. She’d see him in the morning at the office. They could talk then when other people were around. She knew she was being cowardly, but she couldn’t help it. She needed to feel wanted, even if it was an illusion, for one more night before everything crashed down. She turned quickly to return to the elevator when her purse thumped against his door.

She stood with her back to the apartment waiting for the elevator doors to open. She felt a pair of strong hands come to rest on her arms and a whisper of breath on the back of her neck. A scent of aftershave, soap and scotch reached her nose as a husky voice close to her ear whispered, “Amanda.”

            Strong hands urged her to turn and face him. She looked up into his hazel eyes. “Lee,” was all that came through her lips.

            “You’re back. You’re here.” His voice was full of wonder at her presence.

            “Yes, I just got back.” She searched his face for some recognition of hope or forgiveness.

            “Where are you going?”

Amanda swallowed and lowered her eyes.  “I didn’t want to disturb you. I wasn’t sure I would be welcome.”

She felt his hands caress her arms and shoulders. Soft fingertips moved up her neck to cup her face, as his lips descended to hers in a gentle but passionate kiss. Amanda moved her arms around his back to bring him closer.

“I just needed to see you.” She whispered as he brought her closer into his embrace. She allowed her hands to wander his back relishing the feel of his warmth through his blue cotton t-shirt.

The doors to the elevator opened, Lee and Amanda looked at the waiting car. “Don’t go.” He begged. “Come in. Stay.”

Amanda, slightly overwhelmed at his welcome, allowed him to take her hands and lead her into his apartment.  As the door closed behind them, Amanda found herself swept up in a fiercer embrace. His kiss was more passionate and demanding. His tongue traced her questing lips for entrance to her mouth. An entrance she readily granted. She began to feel lightheaded from the intensity of their kiss.

“How could you imagine you wouldn’t be welcome here?” He asked as they broke their kiss and she rested her head on his chest to regain some of her composure. “I missed you so much.” He kissed her hair.

Amanda’s eyes opened and flew to his face. “You did? After everything we said to each other? I was afraid you wouldn’t want to see me anymore.  I just was hoping I hadn’t lost you.”

Lee’s face showed his pain. “I was sorry the minute I left your house. Since I was on the plane thirty minutes later I couldn’t call to tell you.”

“I wanted to tell you too. Oh Lee, I’m so sorry about the hateful things I said.” She moved her fingers though the silky strands of his hair allowing her senses to become more stimulated. She traced the lines of his face with her fingers as he took her hand and kissed her palm.

Lee’s mouth descended to her neck as his hands pushed her coat and purse off her shoulders and arms onto the floor. He picked her up in his arms and carried her to the couch where he sat and settled her into his lap. Her head was resting on his shoulder and her hands erasing the tension in his neck.

She looked around the apartment and spied a bottle of scotch on the coffee table within easy reach. It wasn’t like him to bring the bottle out of the bar unless he was really upset. She leaned over picked up the bottle and showed it to him. It was almost empty. “Lee?”

He shrugged. “I’ve been having problems sleeping. Every time I closed my eyes I saw your face as I left. I couldn’t stand myself after I’d given you that much pain.”

She placed her forehead on his. “It would seem we both had problems. I kept waking up looking for you. You don’t know how many times I picked up a phone to call you knowing full well I was under orders not to.”

“We’re together again. That’s what matters.” Lee assured her as he ran his hands up her back. His voice went a little hesitant. “Are we okay?”

“Oh, Lee, of course we are.” Amanda ran a hand around his chin and brought her lips to his for a soul- searing kiss, which conveyed promise, forgiveness and passion. “I just needed to see you. I guess I needed to know you were still here.” She whispered when they broke the kiss.

            “I’m right here.” He replied nuzzling her neck and ear. Amanda moaned as he began nibbling her sensitive skin.

            She pulled his t-shirt out of his jeans as she placed kisses along his jaw line. Her hands explored the hard planes of his stomach. She felt his sharp intake of breath as her fingernails lightly scraped his skin.

            “Do you know what you are doing to me?” Lee asked barely holding his breath.

            She brought her head closer and nipped his lower lip gently with her teeth. “I sure hope so.”

            “I’ve missed you. I’ve missed this.” He whispered as he ran his fingers through her hair. He brought her closer for a long kiss.  Amanda gave a quiet moan into his mouth as he brought his tongue to hers tasting and caressing. “Did you miss me?”

            “I did. I missed your touch. I missed the way you look at me and I get all warm and twisted inside.” She leaned in and whispered in his ear. “I missed the feel of you inside me.” She nibbled gently on his earlobe.

            “I can rectify that situation.” He began playing with the buttons on her blouse.

            Amanda scooted off his lap, stood and held out her hands.  Lee took them and followed her into his bedroom. She saw the disheveled bed. “I guess you really couldn’t sleep. You don’t usually thrash around.”

            He took her face in his hands and turned her to face him. He brought his lips close to her ear and whispered.  “Not since I’ve started sleeping with you.” He placed his hands on her shoulders. She could feel the warmth of his hands as he caressed her skin through her red silk blouse. She gasped as his fingertips trailed along her collarbone until he reached the first button. If she had watched his hands she was sure she could have seen the sparks left by his touch, but her gaze was locked on his. She wondered if she looked as needful as he did. As Lee slowly began to unbutton her blouse, he broke his gaze and brought his lips to her skin starting where her graceful neck met her smooth shoulder. She inhaled as his scent reached her nose. She finally felt warm and safe. Her hands found their way to his shoulders, traveled up to his neck and scratched lightly the base of his skull.  She could feel Lee’s light tremor as her fingers passed over his scalp.

Lee’s lips continued to deliver soft, sweet kisses during their slow descent down the center of her chest as he unbuttoned her blouse. He was on his knees in front of her as the last button was undone. Amanda shivered as he snaked his hands through the opening in her blouse and wrapped his arms around her waist murmuring his love as he laid his head against her belly and hugged her close. Smiling down at him and entwining her fingers in his hair, she joined him on her knees and felt the soft silk of her blouse and the warmth of his skin travel up her sides.

            Their lips joined together once again in an escalation of their passion and love. Lee moved his hands to her shoulder and gently pushed the silk from her body guiding the sleeve down her arm and past her wrist his lips trailing after his fingers. As he reached her fingers, he began nibbling on her palms and finger pads as he caressed her arm. He placed her arm around his neck and proceeded to repeat his actions with her other arm. Amanda moaned softly as he trailed his fingertips down her sides arousing her senses even more. Amanda felt the tightening of her nipples and a gush of warmth between her legs at Lee’s continued gentle touch. She sat back on her legs and brought her hands to the hem of his t-shirt. She moved the shirt up his body slowly trailing kisses up his body and exploring the familiar lines of his chest and back with her questing hands.

Lee groaned her name as she reached his nipples and licked them with the flat of her tongue. She continued her reacquaintance of his body by bestowing small kisses and nibbles on his neck and jawline. Lee continued the exploration of her back and hair as he traveled up her body. She was on fire. She couldn’t wait much longer to be with him again.  She wanted to show him how much she loved him and how much she missed him. His very touch was making the need in her continue to grow.

Lee stood and pulled the t-shirt over his head. He held a hand out to her she took it feeling the strength and power in his grip. As she slowly began to rise, she could feel his arousal as her body slowly brushed his.  Amanda’s breath came faster as Lee tangled his fingers in her hair and brought them together for a hard, possessive kiss. Her lips felt scorched and swollen by the heat engendered in the meeting of their mouths. His tongue invaded her mouth and mimicked the movement she so wanted. Amanda’s fingers contracted on his back until she was afraid she would leave welts across his perfect back.

When their kiss broke and left them both panting for air, he brought her into another embrace hearing a raspy whisper in her ear, “Mine.” Lee bent down and picked Amanda up in his arms again and laid her gently on the center of the bed and placed himself next to her. “Mine, for always.” He said again as he stroked her face tenderly.

She returned the gesture feeling the roughness of his unshaven face and the silkiness of his hair. “Always yours,” she whispered back. He looked deep into her eyes as if to ensure that she was really there. She pulled him closer to once again prove that she was indeed real and with him.

Amanda felt as if she was hovering on the edge of knife, just a look, a caress from Lee could push her over the edge into sweet oblivion. He seemed to know how close she was because his touch became light and feather like. He rolled her over on her stomach and traced the lines of tension in her muscles until she quivered from his touch. He trailed a line of kisses down her spine stopping only to release the clasp of her bra. He gently brushed the ends away from her body and continued with his kisses. Amanda moaned as he reached the hollow of her back. Years of having his hand there had made her acutely aware of that part of her body. His kisses segued into delicate licks which sent her senses into overload. She tried to turn over to stop the torture of his mouth on her body but his hand prevented her from turning. He moved up her body again and whispered in her ear, “No, let me do this.”   he resumed his sweet assault on her body.

She felt the catch on her skirt open and heard the zipper slowly descend. He moved the fabric aside and continued to trail light kisses across her back to the dimples above her ass. She was so aware of her body and his movements that a light touch on her hip had her lifting up so that he could remove her skirt. He moved his hands under the waistband of her silk bikini panties and cupped his hands around her cheeks and rubbed them enticing more heat in her body. Moving slowly he pushed her hose and panties down past her hips rubbing her skin the whole time letting her feel his hands on her body, possessing her once again.  He pulled the last garments off of her leaving them in a heap at the foot of the bed. The cold air that hit her body was soon replaced by the warmth of his mouth as he continued to kiss, lick and now nibble her sensitive skin.

            “Lee,” she moaned as he moved his body to cover her legs, “please, Sweetheart.” It took all of her control not to roll over and beg him to enter her.  He spread her legs slightly to work the muscles of her inner thighs. His fingers giving merely a hint of sensation on her labia.  He kneaded her calves and ankles forcing her to moan again in pleasure. Another light movement on her hip had her rolling over on her back. She looked at him and saw the smoldering passion grow as he began to move up her body. The rough denim of his jeans setting each nerve ending on fire as he kissed his way back up her body. She moved her hips and her legs began to open as she felt his warm breath around her mound but the breath passed by and she felt him plant a kiss above her hairline. He continued to trail kisses up her body. He moved the bra off of her body and found the creamy mounds of her breasts. Amanda arched her back as his mouth found her hardened nipples and began to suckle them lightly, teasingly. As he continued to slowly move his body covering hers, she could feel his erection straining at his jeans.

            She felt him shiver as she slid her hands into the waistband of his jeans and caress the top of his ass. He groaned as she pushed her hands deeper into his pants to lightly tease the skin of his perfect ass. She had to see and feel all of him. She moved her hands to the front of his well-fitting jeans and traced the outline of his erection with her fingers. Lee groaned again as she pulled apart the button of his jeans and slowly slid the fly down. She worked his jeans and boxers over his hips and felt his erection spring forward.

            She felt little touches of heat as his emerging penis touched her skin. She unconsciously began to move her hips just to feel his skin against hers. A slight push on his shoulder had him rolling over onto his back and bringing her with him. She rubbed her body down his while removing his jeans and boxers. She made eye contact with him and could see the passion about to burst from him. Amanda gave Lee’s penis a light lick and kiss on the head as she returned to his mouth for another kiss.

            “Amanda,” He rolled her on her back.  “I can’t wait any longer.” He began to gently stroke her outer folds and pushed in lightly when she spread her legs farther apart to facilitate his exploration.  “Oh my God.” He gasped. “I’ve missed you so much. I love you.”

            Amanda cupped his face in her hands and gave him a lingering kiss. “I love you, too.”

            Lee placed his manhood at her entrance and slid in slowly and gently. Amanda’s breath caught in her throat. It felt so good. How could she have forgotten this feeling of utter joy when they were together?

Lee began to thrust slowly his breath ragged a sure sign he was trying to maintain his control.  Lee caressed her leg and brought it around his hip and both moaned as he found a new depth to their lovemaking. Amanda met him thrust for thrust feeling her climax within her reach. “I need more…please…Sweetheart…more.” She gasped.

Lee heeded her plea and sped up slightly. He placed his mouth on her right breast and began to lick the nipple. “Amanda,” he croaked, I need you so much.” The speed and depth of his thrusting continued to increase.

The coil within her released with his words and she felt her orgasm explode. “Lee!” She shouted as her muscles clenched around his penis. He groaned and continued his thrusting into her body. Before she was able to recover from her first powerful climax, a second one overcame her body and she began to see stars. Lee clasped her closely to him and with one last thrust, she could feel him releasing his essence into her willing body.

“That was…” Lee started.

“Incredible.” She finished.

“Oh, my Amanda, I love you so much.”  His hand was tangled in her hair. He tried to roll off of her but she kept him in place for just a moment more. She could still feel the after effects of her orgasms and didn’t want him to leave quite yet. They lay together touching and kissing each other until the need to breathe became urgent. Lee moved to her side and brought her into his embrace. She placed her head on his shoulder and her arm across his body. She snuggled into his arms and sighed contentedly. Her eyes became heavy and the tension which had been with her for a month evaporated with one breath. She knew they would have to talk tomorrow but tonight she could rest in his arms.

“Welcome home” Lee whispered into her hair as he kissed her.

“I am home.” She decided happily as her eyes drifted closed.