- Text Size +
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Now, it’s always been my thought that- not only would Lee dote on Amanda consistently, but he would see to her every need…..even the ones she doesn’t say too much about…..Post Mission of Gold

“Waterfall”

Lee was sitting on the bed waiting for Amanda to come out of the bathroom. They arrived back home late last night and fell right to sleep. It was a Monday morning, but Lee and Amanda were off duty for another week. After the shooting Billy pushed some things around so they could have the extra paid time off. Since their vacation turned into agency business.

Lee sat there, quietly, thinking over the last week. After four more days in the hospital the doctor released her, but she had to stay a few more days. Dotty went home to the boys and gave Lee a kiss and orders to take care of her.

The first day they just rested in their hotel suite….well, except for the few minutes Lee had slipped out of bed to fill the room with flowers and breakfast.

“Oh, Lee, you’re spoiling me.”

“It’s still our honeymoon. Besides, I reserve the right to do so from now through all eternity.”

She had laughed and they ate on their private deck overlooking the water.

The next day Lee encouraged her to take a small walk on the beach at sunset.

The following day brought a little shopping….where Lee, of course, lavished her with gifts. She smiled at him as he insisted on buying her a new pair of earrings.

“Lee…..you know ….” She cuddled up against him and looked up into his eyes. “You don’t have to buy my affections. You did that four years ago with that big stuffed panda bear.”

“Amanda….I planned on making this trip special. And buying you a few things was on my list.”

“Oh, sweetheart….” He leaned down and kissed her before she could protest again.

The last day brought a trip to the doctor and the all clear to head home. To celebrate, Lee brought her a new dress….one that covered her chest. And they hit a fancy restaurant and did a little dancing.

Now that they were home Lee could see how tired she really was. He was shocked that she let him bring her to his apartment instead of her house. Especially since she missed her boys so much. She had spoke to them everyday. Phillip had even thanked Lee for taking such good care of his mom.

Lee’s attention was brought back to the present when he heard the shower shut off. He glanced at the clock and realized it hadn’t even been five minutes. He thought about her reaction when she first got in the shower… Lee heard her curse and immediately knew why. The water stream from the shower. It was hitting her chest too hard. Lee flinched, knowing it wasn’t much better for her back either. She was sore all over. The door opened and Lee stood. He helped her lay on the bed and covered her up.

“What are you doing? I just got up.”

“And I can see how tired you are already. Now, grab a nap and I’ll go run a few quick errands.”

“Errands?”

“No work, I promise. I am still on my honeymoon after all.” He leaned in and kissed her softly. “I’m talking more along the lines of dinner.”

“At 11am?”

“One can’t leave these things to the last minute now, can we?”

“I guess not.”

“I’ll be back before you know it. Promise me you’ll stay here.”

“I will.”

“Good.” He kissed her again and quickly stood. “Sleep, Mrs. Stetson, You need it.”

“Anything you say, Big Fella.” She yawned and her eyes closed. Lee leaned in the doorway, staring at his wife. ‘His wife….HIS WIFE….oh, yeah….he can get real used to this.’ He smiled and blinked back the unexpected feel of tears, pushing away from the door and leaving before he lost his nerve to leave her side at all.

Pulling up at 4247 Maplewood, over an hour later, he was relieved to see the jeep gone. To be safe he knocked on the door anyway. When no one answered he pulled his key from the pocket.

z88;

z88;

z88;

z88;

Less than 15 minutes later Lee was in the car again and headed back to his apartment and his beautiful wife.

He walked in as quiet as possible and saw her sleeping peacefully. He grinned and went back to the bags he brought in. He put everything away and raced into the bathroom with something….and a wrench. He came back out 5 minutes later.

Amanda awoke to a very quiet apartment.

“Lee?” She called out gently. No answer. She hadn’t spoke too loudly because she didn’t want to startle him. Now, it seemed, she had to raise her voice a little more. “Lee, are you here?”

“I’m here, honey.” He walked as he talked. Reaching her in a few seconds time. “You alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Sure?”

“I’m sure. I’m just…..A little out of it yet, I guess.”

“That’s okay, you take all the time you need.” He sat and wrapped his arms around her, leaning back so her head rested on his chest. After a small amount of silence she took a deep breath and said what was on her mind.

“Lee?”

“Hmmm?”

“I love just being here with you, but….”

“You miss the boys.” He kissed her head. The words were spoken with love. She could hear in his voice that he missed them too. “I would be glad to take you home later. There’s nothing to miss right now, because they aren’t home either.”

“How do you….” She sat up to look at him and he answered her unfinished question with a raise of his eyebrows. She shook her head and settled back down. Before either of them knew it they had drifted off to sleep. The ringing of the phone woke them a few hours later. Lee looked at the clock and reached over for the receiver.

“Stetson.”

“Lee? I’m just wondering how our gal is doing?”

“Oh, Billy…yeah, um….” Lee looked down at her and smiled. His hands played with her hair and she stirred lightly. “….she’s doing great.”

“She look better?” Billy couldn’t stay away. He had hopped a plane just to come and look in on her. His thoughts drifted,

He peeked in the room and saw Lee and Amanda asleep. Lee holding her hand from the chair. He could tell they were deeply in love. When he talked to Lee he could see the pain and fear in his eyes. Speaking on the phone during the week, Billy knew what he’d find. His thoughts came back to the present at Lees words.

“She looks beautiful.” Lee whispered. Billy chuckled.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that.” Billy hesitated a then decided he better ask. “How are you?” The question took Lee off guard and he looked away from Amanda.

“What?”

“Lee….I know how you feel about….things like this. How you think that everyone you love is purposefully taken from you. So, how are you? And you better talk to me or else I’ll order you to talk to Phaff.”

Lee let out a sigh, running his hand through his hair and gently slid out from under Amanda. “Billy……I’m okay, really.”

“I doubt that.”

“Look…..” Lee let out an exasperated sigh. “Honestly….Amanda helped me through all of it. My parents, Dorothy, Eric….she helped me to see things clearly. I’m okay….”

“Yeah, well, I’d hope so…Amanda’s home. But….what bothers me Lee….what if she hadn’t been okay? How would you be reacting then?”

“Do I really have to think about that?” Lee said softly as he glanced longingly at his wife.

“Yes.” Billy said with conviction.

“Well….I’d be….I won’t lie to you Billy. It would tear me apart.” he was quiet a minute, but Billy didn’t say anything because he knew Lee wasn’t finished. “Destroy me.” Billy just barley heard that. “I’d probably leave the agency. Focus on the boys and Dotty. I know Amanda would want me to be there for them. Make sure they had everything they needed. Lord knows they can’t count on Joe.”

“I thought he was spending time with them now.”

Lee scoffed. “Let’s not go there.”

 

A while later Amanda woke again to a silent apartment. “Lee?” She got up and quietly walked into the other room. Lee was sitting on the couch, a faraway look in his eye. He didn’t even notice she was there. She moved to sit next to him. When he looked at her there were tears in his eyes and he had to blink to bring her into focus.

“Are you okay?” He nodded and pulled her against him. After 15 minutes of silence Amanda pulled back to look at him. “Lee?”

“I’m okay…..I had to think some things over. I had to be okay with me.” From her confused look Lee went on. “I had to know, for myself….that if you hadn’t made it…that I’d be okay.”

“Be okay?”

“That I wouldn’t have shut everyone out again. That I’d be able to keep people in my life. Still love.”

“And?”

“And…..” he held her hands, taking a deep breath. “…I realize…I would have left the agency. Told everyone about our marriage….and moved in to take care of the boys and Dotty. I know that’s what you’d want.” She nodded. “And if anything ever happened to me….I’d want you to do the same. Tell everyone we’re married I mean. You could stay at the agency if you want….behind a desk if you don’t mind. But Please….do me one favor.”

“What’s that?”

“Don’t ever get married again. Or take Joe back.”

“Never.” She hugged Lee and kissed him deeply. “Come with me.” She stood and tugged at his hands. He stood. “I think you need some TLC yourself.”

z88;

An hour later Lee was in the kitchen warming up their dinner. Amanda came out and was smiling brightly.

“How was your shower this time?” He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Lee Stetson, you’re the most wonderful Husband in all the world.” She wrapped her arms around him.

“Well, thank you.”

“I’m going to have to come here for showers for the next month.”

“As much as I love that idea….I took the liberty of installing one in your shower today too.”

“Oh, Lee…..You didn’t have to do that. Those aren’t cheep to begin with and you got two? They are very nice with the waterfall option and all, but…..it’ll only be a short while and…..” Lee put a finger to her lips.

“Shhhh.” They looked in each others eyes for a long moment before he spoke. “Besides…couldn’t you just imagine standing under that when you’re stressed out, closing your eyes and picturing yourself under a waterfall in Hawaii or something.” Lee closed his eyes. “Hmmm, you, me, paradise…..ahhh, maybe that will be a perfect place for a family vacation…great 1st anniversary celebration.”

“Oh, Lee.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him the sweetest of kisses.