[Reviews - 0] Printer
Rated: Teen
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Lee Stetson
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 17964 Read: 5401
Published: 25/05/10 Updated: 25/05/10
Story Notes:
Legalese & all of that other mumbo-jumbo:

Sometimes my muses whisper, sometimes they scream. This is one of those that screamed loudly enough and so persistently that I had no choice but to write it, something that could not have been done had it not been for the assistance of several very special people.

Thank you to The Brit - who assured me that the idea was both unique and compelling, as well as providing a Dr. Phaff worthy psychological analysis into why this story idea formed in the first place.

Thank you to Miss Edna and Elmo, who provided material for some of the background locales and characterizations.

The title may be cliché and it may have even been used before, but it works perfectly for the thoughts and hopes of the characters in this work, which is why I chose it. Many pardons requested if anyone is offended.

As always, the original characters and ideas of SMK belong to those that hold the rights. All other characters, story, and so-forth are the result of a crazy vision of mine and/or extra research done to enhance this work that is purely for entertainment purposes only.

I promise to return our beloved characters back to the dusty shelves of forgotten television, though I sincerely believe that that is not good enough for them. The revered Corvette remains undamaged, as always, though I did leave her alone and unattended for a short time.

Interesting notes:

I have no idea what the weather conditions actually were for the time frame of this story. I sometimes research them, to be more accurate, but for this one I am taking the liberty of making it unusually cold and snowy along most of the northeastern coast.

The nemesis's name came to be thanks to BL's creativity but doesn't really exist in the Russian world, as far as I can find, which is good for that any similarity between characters and actual existing people clause that you find in books. We just thought it sounded good. His first name, Godric, means "power of god" and became rarely used after the Norman Conquest.

I don't think the show actually provided a middle name for Amanda, so I'm using one that I think sounds fitting. I've used it before, I like it, so there. And, yes, I'll probably continue to use it.

Adagio in G Minor is a real strings and organ piece by Remo Giazotto, an Italian musician. Published in 1958, the piece has been used in Orson Welles' "The Trial" and the film Gallipoli, as well as throughout "Dragon's Domain", an episode of the British/American show "Space: 1999." The entire piece as featured on the 1998 released Year 1 Soundtrack, of which I have the copy, provided an interesting concept and background music for creating Godric Devylrokovskii's character in this story. I never know where inspiration is going to come from and yeah, sci-fi is totally another beast, but slaying the dragon is a familiar concept no matter the genre.

To be on the safe side, I am issuing both a tissue alert and a drink from Styrofoam cup instead of glass suggestion while reading this because you already know that Twisted Sister could never write just another conventional and normal Christmas story.

I hope that you enjoy. Please let me know what you think.

As my one little niece says – Peace out to ya!

1. Chapter 1 by Twisted Sister [Reviews - 0] (17964 words)

Terms of ServiceRulesContact Us