- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Simply put, it was every woman's fantasy. Take one handsome man, add
a little danger and excitement, and, if done properly, the end result
should equal the type of plot that would force Dotty West to stay
awake until the wee hours of the morning, flipping the pages away
until the expected resolution revealed itself.

However, that was fiction, fantasies spun by a crafted author who
wanted to enchant loyal readers. It was not reality, or at least
Amanda King would have not considered it so.
*****

There had been a time in her life when she would have scoffed at the
notion of the so-called Mr. Right being a handsome stranger who just
happened to grab her arm at a train station one chilly morning. Add
to the convoluted mix the fact that this handsome man, who, in her
eyes looked like he should be gracing the cover of some magazine not
and not being chased down by the bad guys, was indeed a spy.

Oh yeah, that's right, he didn't particularly care for that word, but
that's what he was. Looking up at him, staring into his hazel eyes,
Amanda smiled. How they had met was stranger than fiction but she
didn't care, for this gorgeous spy belonged to her.

He smothered her lips with a soft and lingering kiss that warmed her
heart and filled her with a longing that she knew could only be
quenched by him. When he pulled away from her and looked at her, he
smiled.

"What are you thinking about, Mrs. soon-to-be Stetson?" he asked her.

Just hearing the words took her breath away. She sighed and smiled,
but said nothing.

"You love hearing it, don't you?" Lee questioned.

Amanda could not lie, she merely nodded.

"Say it again," she whispered.

Lee moved close again and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Barely
putting distance between them, he murmured the words that she longed
to hear, "Mrs. Stetson."

She opened her eyes and met his.

"I love you," she told him.

"And I love you," Lee replied.

He took her left hand in his and held it, admiring the glittering
stone that for now was exactly where it belonged, the only thing that
his beautiful Amanda was wearing at this very moment.

"It really does look beautiful on you," he said.

Amanda removed her hand from his, to twist her wrist this way and
that as she looked at it.

"It is a pretty little rock, isn't it?"

Lee chuckled.

"Little, huh? Why Amanda King, I ought to," he began.

She hushed him by placing her fingers on his lips.

"You're a tease," he told her. "In fact, you've been a tease ever
since you lured me into the bedroom."

"I have not been," she retorted.

Lee's response was to cup her face with his hands, softly caressing
her skin.

"I thought you wanted to make love," he said. "Now, if you don't
want to, I'm sure we could find something else to do, maybe send you
home to your mother."

"Watch it Scarecrow," Amanda said.

"I do want to make love to you, I'm just enjoying this. No bad guys
shooting us, no watching eyes, and no curfew."

"Well then," Lee said with determination, "we need to do this more
often."

"Oh, yes," she murmured as he claimed her lips with another kiss,
which was followed by another.

"Oh," she whimpered when he pulled away.

"I'm right here," he told her as he stretched over to shut off the
bedside light, leaving the room bathed only in the moonlight that
streamed in through his windows.

"Promise me, you'll always be here," she pleaded.

Lee pulled her into his arms and whispered, "I promise."

Then he proceeded to spin the sort of fantasy that one would fine in
those well-read novels.

With gentle, loving caresses he proceeded to push way reality and
lure Amanda into a dream of pure sensual ecstasy. Tender kisses and
sweet caresses, until she was liquid beneath his masculine body.
Delight of the most passionate kind overtook her, making her
senseless, increasing her desire for him.

"Oh, please," she whimpered as his warm mouth moved lower, until he
had caught one delicate bud between his teeth.

He teased and tortured with his mouth while one hand cupped and
massaged her other breast.

Fiction hell, Amanda found herself thinking. Fiction had nothing on
her reality, a reality that included the promise of being made love
to all night by the man whose first words had been a desperate plea
for her to walk with him.

"Anywhere, anytime," she heard herself murmur aloud.

Raising his mouth from her, he looked up at her.

"What?" Lee asked

"You asked me to walk with you, when we first met," she answered him.

"Oh," Lee said, comprehension dawning on him. "And will you, walk
with me?"

"Anything you ask," she responded as she wrapped her arms around his
neck and pulled his face down towards her.

"Make love to me," she asked.

"Oh, baby, I've been trying to, now hush."

Hush she did as his mouth claimed her, his kisses full of urgency.
His hands moved upward, until his fingers wove their way through her
dark curls, separating the lush layers while his tongue parted her
lips. Their tongues met, danced, a delicious prelude to what was to
come.

Amanda's hands maneuvered on a journey as well. Through his hair,
down his neck, along his strong shoulders, her touch igniting the
fire that he had strove to control all evening. Now, their self-
control evaporated beneath the intense blaze.

She felt one knee part her legs and she moved to welcome him, needing
him to become one with her. Amanda actually whimpered at the contact
of his knee with her heated skin. They didn't need foreplay tonight,
the long week behind them, the professional distance they'd been
forced to keep had provided more than enough longing.

With gentle sweetness, he submerged himself within her dampness,
bringing forth her cry of pleasure. It was heaven, this still all
too new dance between them. The joy of discovering the likes, the
secret ways to pleasure, was like a gift, precious and wonderful.

Lee took her on a dizzying ride, skimming the waves of pleasure,
taking her close to the edge, and then, just as quickly, retreating
to leave her frustrated and needing more.

"Lee," she cried as she nuzzled her mouth against his neck.

"Manda, look at me," he demanded.

As slowly as he was thrusting into her, she moved her gaze to him.

"More?" he growled.

Amanda nodded.

Unleashing the pent up frustration of not being close enough to her,
Lee allowed himself to lose his way with her. The resulting ride was
furious, the friction between them heating things up until they both
were lost.

Her passionate cries blended with his loving murmurs until she felt
herself reaching the highest precipice and then her world shattered
into a million pieces with a scream of ultimate pleasure against the
damp skin of his neck.

His own groan of release resounded as he called her name and then
claimed her lips in a searing kiss. Together they rode out the shock
waves of their orgasms, their sweat-drenched bodies as close as
possible, holding onto one another with the intent of never letting
go.

When the waves ceased and they both were capable of intelligent
speech, his whispered words of love reached her ears, slowly bringing
her back down to earth.

"I love you so much, my Amanda," he said.

"Promise something?" she whispered as she enjoyed the soft caress of
his fingertips along her face.

"Anything, my love, my soon-to-be wife, my Mrs. Stetson."

"Will you make this last forever?" Amanda asked him, her dark eyes
searching for the answer that she knew already existed.

"I will," Lee told her with honest conviction.

His promise was sealed by a kiss and, as his body sought to claim
hers yet again, she sighed with pleasure. There was no novel that
her mother could read that could surpass or even equal this wonderful
promise of forever, made to her by the only man that could claim her
heart and soul.

"Again?" Amanda whispered.

"You wanted forever," Lee smiled as he pulled her into his arms and
proceeded to spin her away into yet another sensual fantasy atop of
the bed that had now become theirs. And, like every loyal romance
reader, Amanda allowed herself to be swept away with his seduction,
giving herself to him, knowing that unlike a novel, this love would
last forever.