- Text Size +
Nights on the station are determined by which shift you’re working. I’m lucky. I get to work the graveyard shift, therefore nights are my days. That means my days are quiet. Ivanova gets all the excitement, I get the silence. A chance to look at the stars and wonder what surprises the cosmos has waiting for us.

Standing here on the observation deck, I blink as an inky blackness descended on the vista in front of me. Where once there had been a myriad of stars now was just darkness. The nightmare had arrived and A SCREAM PIERCED THE NIGHT.