- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The following is just a small offering of SMK to begin the first day of the New Year. It's not much on plot, a quick read, and by no means a literary masterpiece, but I thought you might enjoy it all the same.

As they say, when inspired by a ramble, write it down and post it for someone else might enjoy the smut, er I mean moment.
A New Year, A New Beginning

January 1st, 1987

Sunlight was just beginning to filter into Lee Stetson's apartment on
this, the first day of the New Year. It was Thursday, nearly the end
of the week, and unlike most of the nation, Federal agents did not
always have the luxury of ringing in the New Year with bubbly and
merrymaking. Instead, he and Amanda had been finishing up lose ends
on one case while finding themselves in what looked like the
beginnings of another.

Not that he minded one bit, for it had given him the chance to spend
the time with Amanda. Sure, they'd had to cancel their reservations
for what they hoped would be a romantic dinner, spending the evening
instead on a stakeout. In the end, they hadn't gleaned much in the
way of new information but what they had gained was well worth the
time spent in the Corvette, under pounding rain.

Billy had given them the entire day off, unless something new came
up, in exchange for their effort. That was certainly a plus, in Lee
Stetson's book, but it paled in comparison to what he and Amanda had
come away with.

He could remember the conversation quite well, almost verbatim. He
also could remember how she looked; bathed only in the soft glow of
the streetlights that illuminated the car. Her beautiful smile, the
smell of her perfume that mingled with the scent of his leather
jacket in the interior of his sports coupe while they talked about
what they both wanted from the New Year.

Of course, they both wanted the usual, safety, health, and happiness
for friends and family, mixed with a lot less of Dr. Smyth. Lee
smiled as he recalled Amanda adding that one to the list. Above all
and by far the most important they had agreed that they needed to
talk, to plan.

For the first time in his life, Lee Stetson had actually engaged in
wedding talk. This time, it was not for a friend or coworker, but
for himself. It had been wonderful, actually. There was no doubt in
his mind that he loved Amanda, no doubt that she was the one, and
that 1987 was going to be the year that both of their dreams came
true.

Lee smiled as he took in the still sleeping form of his partner,
snuggled deep under the covers, in the bed that they now shared as
often as possible. He chuckled as he remembered the time he had
offered Amanda the use of his bed for a nap, and how she had
certainly not allowed him to follow her into the bedroom. Now there
were nights that she eagerly tugged him into the door that led to
their private retreat, the one place where they could slip away,
unnoticed and indulge in their passions.

Last night had not exactly been one of those nights. They'd been
simply too exhausted to do much more than slip into the apartment,
shed their clothes for warmer and slightly less damp ones, and
snuggled under the covers to sleep. They had shared a chaste kiss,
Amanda struggling to keep her eyes open, before they both succumbed
to fatigue.

That had been last night, as the old faded away and the new slowly
enveloped them.

Not being able to resist both the passion and the urge to bring this
New Year in properly, Lee placed a gentle kiss on Amanda's forehead.
He slowly worked his way to her neck, nibbling lightly while knowing
that it would awaken his princess from slumber.

She greeted him with a sleepy smile while murmuring his name.

"Good morning princess," he chuckled.

"Morning," she said in a still raspy and sleepy voice.

"Happy New Year," he added as he placed a long and warming kiss upon
her lips.

"Mmm."

He watched as she stretched under the covers, one hand slipping out
from beneath the bedding to stroke his face.

"I need to shave," he told her as he felt her fingers glide along the
stubble.

"Why?" she asked him, her dark eyes now open and looking at him.

"Because, that's what I do in the morning Amanda."

"No, don't, I like it," she told him.

Lee watched the curve of her smile and took in the expression
revealed to him from her eyes, dark with obvious passion.

"I'll scratch you," he pointed out.

Her reply was nonverbal but very telling all the same.

Her arms wrapped around him, drawing his head towards hers before
bestowing a heated kiss. Obviously, Amanda knew exactly what she
wanted and he could certainly not deny her anything, not when she
stated it so wonderfully.

One kiss led to another and, before long, the clothing was shed and
she was beneath him, eagerly awaiting what both wanted. She slipped
her hand between them, to stroke his length gently before guiding him
to where she needed him.

Lee complied, slowly burying himself within while she sighed with
pleasure.

"Is this what you want?" he teased.

He felt her legs wrap around him, an obvious show that yes, this was
absolutely what she needed.

"If I wouldn't have been so tired," she told him with a pout, "we
would've done this last night."

"For you, Amanda, I can always wait," he said.

"Oh, that's so sweet," she cooed as she moved her lips to place
kisses upon his bare shoulder.

"I guess I don't have to wait now, do I?"

"No, big fella, you don't."

Kisses and caresses replaced their words; their silent but understood
communication the only thing needed as they played out their passion
for one another. Amanda eagerly and willingly met every one of his
thrusts, the give and take between the two lovers becoming a glorious
union upon the bed.

Higher and higher they both flew, until they were soaring along the
edge of heaven. Faster and deeper the thrusts came, until both
became lost and the heavens around them shattered in glorious
release. Amanda buried her face against him as she cried out and
then Lee soon followed.

In the aftermath, they still were one, as their hearts slowed and
senses slowly returned.

"Happy New Year, Mrs. soon to be Stetson," he told her as he flashed
her his heart-melting smile.

Still slightly breathless, she smiled at him in return.

"It will be, with you as my husband," Amanda whispered before she
kissed him again. Then, she slowly wished him the same, her words a
whisper of heat in his ear.

"Happy New Year, Scarecrow."

Lee's chuckle filled the room as her words tickled his ear and awoke
the passion he felt for her. Rolling back over her, he nodded his
agreement.

"A wonderful way to bring in the new," were his last words as he
lowered his head to claim her lips again.

So, while the rest of the world nursed away their hangovers or stayed
glued to their televisions, Lee Stetson and his soon to be wife,
welcomed their New Year in with what was most appropriate for them,
sharing a love that neither could have believed would happen and yet
both had dreamt for the day that it would.

Happy New Year!