- Text Size +
Amanda and Lee were sitting on a bench putting on
their ice skates. "Come on Lee," hollered Phillip who
was already on the rink, “We don’t have all day to be
out here skating. You too, Mom."

“I’m coming, Philip.” Amanda said and then turned over
to her husband. “You coming Lee?”

“Yeah... well it’s been a long time since I’ve done
something like this.” He replied not looking her in
her direction.

“What? Are you chicken, Lee? Bak Ba-Bak!” Philip and
Jamie yell as they flapped their arms like chicken
wings.

“No, I’m not chicken. I can do this watch just watch,”
he said as he stood up and began to walk. “Slow and
steady. One foot, next foot. See? I can do this.”

“Ok. At least you are standing on them, but now you
have to actually move onto the ice.” Jamie said.

“Ok... oh my, this really is hard.” Lee slid one foot
out to start gliding across the ice.

WHAM!!!

Down he went; Amanda and the boys came skating over to
him. Amanda knelt down by his side. “Sweetheart, are
you alright?” She said, trying to stifle a chuckle,
but Lee heard. He grabbed her by her arms and pulled
her into his lap.

“So you think this is funny, huh, Mrs. Stetson?” He
said while tickling her side. Amanda slapped his hand
away.

"No tickling, Lee! You know how ticklish I am.” She
growled.

"I know. That’s why I always do it.” He said with a
chuckle of his own. “Ok. Help me up now so we can try
this again. Without hurting my dignity this time if
that’s possible.

The End