- Text Size +
"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like
that." Lee shook his head, he couldn't believe what activity he'd
just agreed participate in.

It wasn't like he'd never done it before, though. But like he'd said
it'd been a long time. A very long time, in fact he couldn't
remember when the last time had been.

One thing he did remember was he needed to wear protection. If not,
he could be in store for a very nasty surprise. And he didn't want
any of those.

The others all found their hiding places and he was left to ponder
where he could take up the best position. He looked around to find
the perfect cover. There. That would work.

He glanced over his shoulder and saw the others were preparing their
weapons. They were waiting on him. As he walked over to the spot
he'd chosen, he made sure his jacket was buttoned tightly, the collar
was up covering his neck and his gloves were snuggly encasing his
fingers.

"Ready," yelled Jamie.

"Ready," Phillip, Amanda and Dotty replied.

"Lee?" Jamie called. "Are you ready?"

Lee knelt down next to the garbage can and scooped up some
snow. "Ready," he told them as he held the lid in front of him as a
shield.

The fight was on. Snowballs came flying from every direction towards
him. He hadn't stood a chance against all of them at once. Four
against one. The odds were not in his favor.

He tried valiantly to defend himself. He scooped up snow as fast as
he could and lobbed it towards anyone he could spy. Alas, his
efforts were in vain and he soon found himself covered with snow.

Thankfully, Amanda called a halt to the game because she couldn't
stop laughing.

"I think Frosty has had enough for now." She walked over to her
husband and held out her hand to him.

Lee stood from his crouching position. He grabbed his wife by the
waist and kissed her. As their lips parted he shook his head letting
snow cascade down on top of her. Next time he decided he'd make
sure he had an arsenal of snowballs ready beforehand. And he'd hide
them in different spots so he could attack when they least suspected.

"Frosty is ready for some hot chocolate." He licked a snowflake off
her lip.

"With marshmallows." Phillip and Jamie popped out from the snow fort
they'd built earlier that day.

"Okay," Dotty said as she headed towards the back door. "I'll make
it. But you make sure you brush off the snow before you come
inside. I don't want snow tracked all through the house. No
marshmallows if you make a mess."

Lee noticed his two stepsons were covered in snow from head to foot.
Of course, them tackling each other and rolling around in the snow
would have a lot to do with it.

Before entering the house Amanda made sure as much snow was off them
as could be gotten and Lee in turn brushed her coat off. They each
stomped their feet on the ground so that none of the white stuff
would be tracked inside. The last thing they wanted was Dotty to
hide the marshmallows. Hot chocolate just wasn't the same without
them.

End