"Oh, come on Lee! You can do it--just give it a try!"
Philip implored as he stood at the top of the driveway
with his skateboard waiting impatiently for Lee take a
turn.

"Yeah!! And Lee we want you to see our moves for the
contest next week!" Jamie chimed in.

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done
something like that. How 'bout I watch you guys for
awhile, and then maybe I'll give it a try." Lee
responded.

"All right!! Thanks Lee. Our dad never wants to try
it cause he's afraid he will break his leg or
something." Philip cheered as he started to show off
his moves for the contest.

After watching the boys' tricks, Lee was pretty
impressed with their skills and figured that it didn't
look that hard. "Okay, so I guess it's my turn?" Lee
asked as he took Philip's skateboard and headed to the
top of the driveway.

"MOM, MOM!!!! Come quick! Lee's hurt!" Philip yelled
as he raced into the house.

"Oh my gosh...what happened?" Amanda questioned as she
came into the family room to see Lee being helped into
the house by Jamie.

"It's nothing, Amanda. Calm down." Lee stated as he
settled onto the couch.

"Mom, it was rad!!! Lee tried one of our tricks on
the skateboard, and the next thing we know he's flying
off the board and hitting his head on the ground!"
Philip exclaimed.

"That is most definitely not rad. Now you two go
upstairs and get cleaned up while I take care of Lee."
Amanda ordered.

"Oh my, that's really hard! Maybe we should go to the
hospital and have it checked just to be safe." Amanda
suggested as she examined the knot forming on Lee's
forehead.

"I'm fine, Amanda really. Remember I have a pretty
hard head." Lee responded as he pulled Amanda down on
the couch beside him.

"Yeah, I remember. Lee, exactly how many times have
we lectured the boys about always wearing their safety
equipment when they skateboard???" Amanda chastised
him.
"Oh my, that's really hard!" Amanda complained as she
stared at the lock pick set Leatherneck had given her
to practice with. "I didn't have this much trouble
using Lee's belt buckle."