- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This week we have two lines of dialogue. You can write one story
using one OR both lines in one story, OR write two stories, one with EACH of
the lines. Your choice. (We're hoping we'll get twice the amount of stories
;-) )

1) "Oh my, that's really hard!"
2) "Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like that."

Instructions: You must use one or both of the above line(s) of dialogue in your
story exactly as they're issued. Don't forget your submission can be any length
- from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else
as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.
Dotty West, well known mother and grandmother was reaching quietly
the banister of the stairs in an faithful attempt to make it to
her room without being heard or seen by her daughter, Amanda.

Her grandchildren were in a summer camp but her daughter was home.
Since she started working at IFF with Mr. Steston it was harder and
harder for her to keep up with boys activities, but Amanda seemed
happier then ever and that's all that counted.

Now... well Dotty would had want her out camping not really in
the mood to answer Amanda's questions about her wanderings, about
where she was, the last 48 hours! Amanda doesn't "need to know,"
like she heard in the latest Bond movie ! Need to know!great answer
and great excape too....

She didn't take two steps on the hallway when Amanda's voice, was
carried through the paneled door.
"Lee wait a minute please I have to see what I'm doing, NO?"
"Oh my,that's really hard!"

Wait a minute thought Dotty, there is my daughter's room and she
is obviously speaking with her boss, but what is he doing in her
room at 5:00 am?

"Ok Amanda, I'll wait, but I can't wait too long," came through the
same door the husky deep voice she knew very well!

"I know Lee, I know and I'm sorry!"

"Hurry, please sweetheart I can't hold it long " Lee's voice was
full of unpatience, Dotty heard that tone many times, yesterday and
last night from Curt's mouth.

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something
like that, and I needed help"

"I know, that's why you had me coming here at this hour, not that I
mind being with you."

"Damn Lee! Tt got stuck, what are we going to do, I can't leave
it like that, I really need it out!"

"Amanda, calm yourself, and let's start again, I'm pretty sure that
I'm able to make you happy, even with something difficult like
that."

"I know honey I know you can!"

At this point Dotty's curiosity reached the highest level and
taking a few steps back put her shoes and walk a little harder
toward her room.

"Mother, your home!" came through the close door. "Please come in
we need your help."

Dotty took less then a second to enter, but the image that greeted her
wasn't what she imagined, not that she would have been invited in if
inside would have taken place what she thought.

Lee and Amanda were wrestling with the dresser near the window, Lee
was under it trying to lift it and Amanda streched on the floor
trying to find something, obviously lost.

"What's happening here?"

"I put last night an important file on the dresser, and the wind
make it slid between the dresser and the wall."