- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This month we’ve got a straightforward five word challenge for you – one that’s suitable for the Gutter. Here are your words: roses, secret, lace, erotic, taste.

Instructions:

You can use the words as many times as you want but you must use ALL the words in your story.

Please CAPITALIZE the words in order to make them stand out.

The words must be EXACTLY as noted in the challenge.

Your submission can be of any length, from a line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else.
August Challenge: Use the words "Roses, lace, erotic, taste, secret"
Timeline – 4th but not married
Genre: smut
Warning – sexual situations

High Stakes Poker: The aftermath (silly but couldn't think of anything else)

Amanda adjusted the bouquet of wild flowers that adorned the dresser, letting the mixture of scents drift over her. They'd been delivered only an hour ago and she still hadn't tired of admiring their beauty nor reading the card that accompanied them. The simple `I'm sorry" was written in his usual indecipherable scrawl but the fact that he'd gone to the florists and filled out the card himself, rather than ordering over the phone, had put a chink in her icy armour of hurt.

Some women might have expected ROSES but she knew the sad memories they evoked for him. For many, roses were a sign of love, but Lee associated them with the loss of his first partner and usually avoided them. Occasionally he gave her some but Amanda had told him that she actually preferred more non-traditional arrangements. Roses were so fussy and delicate; their heads drooped if they didn't receive the proper care. In fact, they made her think of the girls he used to date; all show but no real substance and ready to stab you in the back if you weren't watching.

The door bell rang again and she wondered what might be arriving now. Just half an hour ago a box of Godiva chocolate had appeared, again with a hand written note, this one proclaiming `It won't happen again.' Cynically she'd snorted. `Yeah, right Stetson. You're a SECRET agent. Something like this is bound to happen again.'

The fact that she doubted the veracity of his statement hadn't stopped her from sampling the gourmet treats. As the sinfully delicious TASTE of chocolate had filled her mouth, she'd felt her resolve waver. After all, it was hard to stay angry with a man who fed you chocolate.

Again, the door bell summoned her, and she hurried down the stairs, sorry to have kept the delivery person waiting. She signed for the package and thanked the man for his patience then closed the door. Opening the card that was taped to the front of the box, she read the note with interest: "If you forgive me, open this upstairs in the bedroom."

`What if I don't forgive him,' she mused to herself. `Would I then open it downstairs?' Briefly she considered doing so just to be contrary but her curiosity as to what he had planned got the better of her. She made her way upstairs, flipped on the bedside lamp and laid the box on her bed. Carefully, she undid the wrappings speculating what he might have bought.

Digging through the layers of tissue she found a nightgown of satin and sheer LACE. She lifted it by its delicate straps and gasped as the body of the gown unfolded. The finest of spaghetti straps were attached to a sheer lace bodice that plunged to the waist. Satin panels comprised the skirt and fell to the floor, shimmering in the soft glow of the bed side lamp.

"It's beautiful," she said while holding the gown against herself.

"Not as beautiful as you." A voice behind her countered.

"Lee!" She spun around, the skirt of the gown twirling with her. "How did you get in here?"

"The usual way."

"I told you that trellis isn't safe—you could have fallen and been hurt."

"And would you have cared?" He asked, stepping closer, staring into her face.

She flushed and broke eye contact, staring at the bouquet on the dresser. "Of course, I would care," she answered quietly while laying the gown on the end of the bed.

"Good. After last night, I wasn't so sure." His smile was tentative.

"Yes, well..." She paused and looked at the floor, not sure what to say.

Lee took her hands in his. "Amanda—I am sorry. I never thought things would turn out that way or I would have brought someone else."

"Right. I'm sure Francine wouldn't have minded being called `a cheap lay' and then being put up as stakes in a poker game." She glanced up at him.

"Well, she wouldn't have liked being called cheap," Lee started to chuckle but must have noticed her expression for he quickly sobered. "Look, I was trying to discourage his interest in you when I called you cheap. Yancey had his eye on you all night and he must have been cheating to have gotten that far ahead of me in the game. I was almost out of chips and I had to stay in. When he suggested that I use you as part of my ante, there wasn't much else I could do...."

"I know." She pulled her hands free and walked to the window, watching the neighbours going about their daily routines. Briefly, she wondered what they would say if they knew the divorced mother of two that lived beside them was also a part time spy. Would they believe her if she told them some of the situations she found herself in? Somehow, she thought not.

Keeping her back to him, she addressed her partner. "I understand you needed him in your debt so he'd have to offer the Quattro plans to you. It's just...well...it hurt to hear you say that about me. I know in my head that you were playing a role but my heart felt differently."

"Amanda, believe me. I hated saying that but it was only to try and keep you out of the game." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Lee run his hands through his hair. A nasty part of her mind was pleased that he wasn't finding this easy.

"And what if you'd lost? What if that slimy Yancey character had `won' me? What then?"

"It wouldn't have happened. I had a full house and if something had gone wrong—if Yancey tried anything with you—I would have stopped him."

"No you wouldn't have." She turned to face him and looked him square in the eye. "You had to maintain your cover and complete the mission."

"Keeping my cover isn't as important as your safety—I thought you knew that." Lee put his hands on her shoulders and began drawing her closer.

"I did...I do..." Twisting her hands, she looked away, suddenly feeling unsure about what this was all about... why she'd been so upset. "Last night, you weren't the Lee I know. You acted differently, talked differently. I guess I've never seen that side of you and it bothered me, scared me a little even. I've always felt safe with you, known you'd take care of me but last night...suddenly I wasn't so sure..." Her voice started to crack and she bit her lip and blinked rapidly.

"Oh Amanda." He wrapped his arms around her, rocking her gently. "I'm sorry, so sorry. Jeff Tucker, the man I was pretending to be, is not a nice person but you have to know that character isn't me. Maybe I was just playing the role too well, too caught up in the scenario... and you've always been so good at just falling in with whatever I'm doing, that I never thought to prepare you. These last few weeks, you've been so busy with your classes and I've been working the Tucker cover by myself...we never really talked about what I was doing, did we? Then, last night, when I needed some `eye candy' on my arm, I just asked you to show up..."

"I was expecting to be your girl friend, not some hooker you'd picked up on the way. And you were so rough, grabbing my arm and telling me to sit down and shut up, then yelling when I didn't bring the beer fast enough, laughing when they made comments about me. I didn't know what to think..."

"I know." Lee shook his head. "I shouldn't have brought you. I guess I just...well... I wasn't thinking. I've missed working with you and saw this as a chance for us to be together."

Amanda pulled back a bit and looked up into his contrite face. "I've missed you too." She reached up and stroked his face. He turned his head and kissed her palm.

"Am I forgiven?"

"Am I? For over reacting and doubting you?" She ran her thumb over his lips, then down then centre of his chest. "Maybe we just haven't had enough time together lately. I've been so busy with courses and the boys..."

Lee ran his hands up and down her back. "Feeling stressed? A little tense?"

"Yeah."

"Me too." He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "But I know a great way to relieve it."

"You do?" She smiled and angled her head as he nibbled on her ear lobe.

"I checked your day planner. The boys are at Joe's and Dotty is away at Lillian's." Lee moved from her lobe to her jaw.

"You're right. I'm home alone all weekend."

"Perfect. Let's start de-stressing you right now." He slid his mouth up from her jaw and began to kiss her slowly, running his hands up and down her back, pulling her closer into the cradle of his hips.

"Mmm...I have that lovely new gown I could put on."

"Later. Right now I just want you naked in my arms." Lee's fingers were quickly undoing her buttons and sliding her blouse off.

"I like the way you think, Stetson." She returned the favour, stripping his shirt from his body, then running her hands and then her lips over his smooth muscled chest. "It's been way too long,"

"I agree." He scooped her up and dropped her on the bed, making short work of their remaining clothing, before lying on his side beside her.

Amanda watched as his hungry eyes traced over her body, lingering on her breasts, the curve of her hip, the length of her leg. He then repeated the survey with his hands and mouth. His warm breath on her skin, his long talented fingers stimulating nerve endings, moving down across her stomach, over her hips, along her legs then back up.

He caressed her inner thigh and her legs fell open inviting him to explore. His fingers teased through the curls at the apex of her thigh, then went lower, gently stroking but not parting the waiting flesh. Amanda felt herself quiver in anticipation and held her breath as he brushed against her again.

"Lee, please..."

"Please what?"

"Touch me. I need to feel you touch me."

"Like this?" He dipped one finger into her wetness, stroking the sensitive bundle of nerves.

"Yes!" She squirmed in response.

"Do you want more?"

"Of course," she sighed in pleasure.

"Your wish is my command." Skilfully Lee stroked and teased her sensitive nub while he nibbled on her neck, biting then licking the tender spot. He moved down to her breast suckling gently. The feeling shot to the spot where his finger still pleasured her and she moved restlessly aching for more. Seeming to know what she needed, Lee slid a long finger inside her, stroking her walls. Her hips moved against his hand and she could feel the tension building. She closed her eyes, concentrating on the approaching edge when suddenly he stopped.

"No!" She cried out, her eyes flying open.

"Shh...just wait." He scooted down on the bed and she watched him dip his face between her splayed legs. She felt Lee's tongue licking up her juices, teasing her nub, delving inside her. The sight of him feasting on her was highly EROTIC and she felt herself beginning the climb once again. The coil inside her wound tighter and tighter. Her breath came in short gasps. Lee quickly lifted his head and fingered her again, moving faster and faster. She felt the trembling begin deep inside then it moved outward...spreading farther...farther ...until suddenly it engulfed her whole being and she convulsed as the feeling ripped through her in wave after wave of pleasure until she was left lying spent and panting on the bed.

Lee moved to lie beside her, cradling her in his arms, stroking and soothing as she came down from her orgasm. Finally she opened her eyes and smiled up at him. "That was fantastic. Thank you."

"You're welcome. But the pleasure was all mine."

"Not really." She stretched out her hand and touched his still turgid shaft.

"Well, we will have to take care of that but what I meant was that I love watching you come unglued like that, to know that I can do that to you."

She couldn't think of an appropriate response, instead pulling his head down and kissing him tenderly then pushing him onto his back and straddling him. "Time for some role reversal, don't you think?"

Leaning forward she brushed her tongue over his lips then slid inside as he opened to her. As she explored his mouth, her hands ran over his broad shoulders and chest, stroking and massaging the smooth muscled surface. She tweaked his nipples then broke off the kiss to place her hot lips over his hardened male nubs. Lee groaned his enjoyment and she smiled against him then slid down further, kissing his stomach, dipping her tongue into his bellybutton.

A scattering of hair appeared just below his navel and she combed it with her fingers, trailing lower and lower until she found his hot pulsating manhood. Wrapping her fingers around his penis, she gently caressed him, laughing softly as he pushed against her hand. With gentle tugs and strokes she pleasured him, watching him grow harder and larger. The ache began inside her again as she anticipated him filling her. Moisture pooled between her legs and drip down her inner thighs as she fondled his sacks, then his traced length with her tongue.

Lee shifted and groaned a warning. "Amanda, I can't hold on much longer."

"Don't be a spoil sport," she teased, leaning forward. Suddenly she cried out in surprise as Lee flipped her over and pinned her to the bed. He had her arms over her head held by his one hand while the other worked its way under her back.

"You know, when I say I can't hold on, I mean it." He growled against her mouth.

"I wouldn't have cared."

"I would. I want to feel you hot and wet and soft around me." As he spoke, he entered her closing his eyes and sighing in obvious contentment. For a moment he was still. "You feel so good. So tight. So hot..." He whispered to her.

Amanda closed her eyes as she too enjoyed the sensation of being joined with her lover. The feeling of fullness, the heat of his pulsating shaft...could anything be better than this? Then he began to move and she knew the answer. This was better. Lee sliding in and out of her body, rubbing against her swollen nub, stroking her internal erogenous zones...

At first he moved slowly, sliding in then out, pausing before beginning again but neither of them could wait. It had been too long. Lee picked up the pace, thrusting faster. Amanda could hear his breathing quicken as did her own. She had to move too and braced her feet, meeting him his rhythm. Once more the feeling grew within her, the aching need for more. She struggled to free her hands, needing to grab his hips, to pull him against her, to grind herself against him. Finally Lee released her and she wrapped her limbs about his sweat slickened body.

It was coming. The pressure was building. Her head moved restlessly, "Oh my gosh...oh Lee... Lee... Lee!" Her muscles tensed and then...it hit. She threw her head back, her body stiffened and she felt her internal walls clamp around him. Lee gave two more hard thrusts and then he came as well, his liquid warmth gushing inside her as he emptied himself.

Lee collapsed onto his side, cradling her against him. They both lay still, breathing raggedly, hearts pounding, too spent to do anything.

Finally Lee opened his eyes and rolled his head towards Amanda. "You know, you never did say if you forgave me or not."

"No, I didn't did I?"

"So, am I forgiven?"

"Well...I might need some more demonstrations of how sorry you really are, in order to make sure you're sincere."

"Sincere?"

"Uh huh, you have the whole weekend to try to convince me." She stretched sinuously beside him and batted her eye lashes.

"Hmm. Sounds like a tough assignment but I never turn away from a challenge."

"That's what I'm counting on," she said with a smile and a wink.