- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This month we’ve got a straightforward five word challenge for you. It’s summer so let’s turn up the heat with some HOT stories. Here are your words: fireworks, bikini, sand, heat, lotion.

Instructions:

You can use the words as many times as you want but you must use ALL the words in your story.

Please CAPITALIZE the words in order to make them stand out.

The words must be EXACTLY as noted in the challenge.

Your submission can be of any length, from a line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This takes place directly after "Ship of Spies." I guess it would be an A/U story.
+++SMK+++

Lee heaved a sigh of relief as he walked into his apartment. It felt so good to be home. For some strange reason, this last assignment had really taken its toll on him. He'd worked cases that were more difficult and certainly more dangerous than this one, but none of them had left him feeling like he'd gone ten rounds with Ali and Frazier simultaneously.

He left his luggage in the small foyer and walked over to the mini-bar. After tossing some ice into a tumbler, he poured two fingers of Scotch and downed it in one long swallow, relishing the burn of the liquor as it slid down his throat.

He refilled his glass and carried it into the living room. He lowered his weary body into the welcoming softness of the leather couch, moaning in pleasure as he sank into the cushions. Closing his eyes, he let his mind wander while he absently sipped his whiskey, its HEAT slowly easing the tension from his aching muscles.

One by one, images popped into his head, starting with the aborted telegram from his friend, Emiliano. Amanda had eagerly agreed to help him, even if she'd balked a bit at her cover as his fiancé. As usual, her eagerness nearly ended in disaster. A shudder raced through him at the image of her dangling precariously over the churning ocean. She was lucky he and Orlando just happened to be walking by and had pulled that boom back into place.

Another sip of his drink, and other memories flashed before him. Images of Amanda from earlier that same day. The sway of her hips as she walked toward him. Even wearing a conservative one-piece bathing suit, she looked spectacular. With her slim figure, she'd look even more fabulous in a BIKINI.

He smiled as he remembered the blush that stained her neck and cheeks when she'd caught him staring while she rubbed suntan LOTION on her long legs. Her skin looked soft as satin. His fingers had itched to caress her.

Lee jolted upright, and some of the Scotch sloshed over the glass and landed on his hand. He had no business thinking about Amanda that way. She was his friend, not one of his women.

He drained his glass and placed it on the coffee table. As he rose from the couch, a searing pain shot down his right leg from his knee to his ankle. He must have tweaked his bum knee diving out of the moving car or scuffling in the SAND with Miles. But it seemed to be his only injury, so he considered himself lucky.

Jumping out of that car had been risky, but they didn't have a choice. When he told her to jump, Amanda never hesitated. She just opened her door and out she went. Her courage and absolute trust in him amazed and humbled him.

Lee limped around the apartment, trying to get his knee to pop back into place. Another image jumped into his head. An image of he and Amanda standing in front of the minister, going through with the wedding to protect their cover.

She'd looked like an angel in the flowing white dress. Her voice trembled as she pledged herself to him. When the minister proclaimed them man and wife and said it was time to kiss the bride, Lee nearly swallowed his tongue. He turned to face her, gently held her, and lowered his lips to hers. When their lips met, FIREWORKS exploded. He'd had his share of lip-locks, but nothing had ever jolted him like the taste of Amanda's kiss, and he'd needed a second taste to be sure.

It had to be the setting, or relief that she wasn't hurt on that stupid boom. On the other hand, maybe he just needed to go out and party. Amanda King was not the type of woman that turned him on.

Lee heard a loud crack and felt the pressure in his knee ease up. He breathed a sigh of relief. Now that he'd started to feel better, maybe he'd call that pretty blonde he met last week and see if she was free tonight.

End